Atheists... Your life is pointless

MattDavis

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
I would perhaps change the term "evolution" to "development".
With that change I would agree with your comment. Very Happy
reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:48 pm
@MattDavis,
Quote:
I don't want this thread to turn into a burn Setanta witch hunt.

Neither do I and as you have said and I have agreed that we should have compassion for snakes.
I am not saying he is a snake nor trying to belittle him but what I am suggesting is that any of us could have been born retarded or in any other state that we may have not chosen. Just as neither you nor I chose to have the brains that we have neither has setanta or anyone else.

I am not into be belittling anyone and if I do it is out of ignorance.
Setanta

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
Out of ignorance indeed--is that your excuse for comparing me to a snake and suggesting that i'm retarded? I've tried being civil to you recently, but i can see that was a waste of time. **** you, you blithering idiot.
Setanta

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Setanta just enjoys calling people names; enjoys vilifying people.

Pot, kettle . . . what a hypocrite. I guess you think because you couch it in what you probably consider clever terms, you nastiness is different that what you allege about me. You're as bad as anyone else here on that score.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:55 pm
@MattDavis,
Quote:
I would perhaps change the term "evolution" to "development".

OK so when things evolve in morph speed we should change the word to develop? I'm cool with that. Smile
0 Replies

MattDavis

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well attempts to "diagnose" Setanta are of necessity patronizing at best.
If one must do so, do so privately. I certainly have not enough information to "diagnose" anyone through the medium of a chat forum, regarding mental health. Thus is the nature of an anonymous platform. For all I know Setanta may be a completely different person outside of A2K.
In the same way that labeling someone with the "disorder" of homosexuality creates a "homosexual disorder". Labeling someone a "sociopath" will have the same effects.
It is called vilification. If you want to create a villain, a very good way to start is to declare someone to be one. The options they then have are then limited. Vilification is a form of dehumanization.
Setanta is obviously not a sociopath.
Setanta

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:56 pm
What pathetic lot. IGM goes to my profile, and selects follow, then he comes here and attacks me. Then, this morning, that pathetic little guttersnipe Izzy the Putz shows up to attack me--and you lot are sitting around trying to decide why i'm such a bad man. O wad some Power the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us! Before some brilliant wit here tries to turn that around on me, i know how the creeps here see me. But do they look at themselves? I say, no, they don't.
MattDavis

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:58 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta you make an easy foil for many people.
Personally I prefer someone who is forward and direct in their opinions, so I do respect you on that account.
Don't view this as me kissing your boots however Wink
reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 03:59 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Out of ignorance indeed--is that your excuse for comparing me to a snake and suggesting that i'm retarded? I've tried being civil to you recently, but i can see that was a waste of time. **** you, you blithering idiot.

Why cant you just ask me what I think about you? You may not like what I say but in know way do I find value in putting others down and if I do it is in the same spirit or ignorance that others do. " meaning that I think that they are being emotional and not adding value to our society.
reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:03 pm
@MattDavis,
Quote:
Setanta is obviously not a sociopath.

This is only a question and not meant in any negative way but how is it that you know that setanta or me is indeed not a sociopath?
reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:05 pm
@MattDavis,
Quote:
Don't view this as me kissing your boots however Wink

Just a little joke but I hope you are not becoming as Izzy once was. Just ask Izzy if you want to know the meaning of the joke. Drunk
0 Replies

MattDavis

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
RL wrote:
This is only a question and not meant in any negative way but how is it that you know that setanta or me is indeed not a sociopath?

Because I have noticed both of you demonstrate genuine concern for others.
reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:13 pm
@MattDavis,
Quote:
Because I have noticed both of you demonstrate genuine concern for others.

OK I will admit that you seem to be more observant than me but would you be kind and show me where setanta has shown genuine concern for others?
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't care what you think about me, dipshit. You have recently puked up a lot of nasty remarks about me, but now try to claim that you don't engage in that kind of behavior? You're as big a f*cking hypocrite as that clown Frank.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:15 pm
@MattDavis,
"Kissing my boots" wouldn't do you any good, anyway. I judge you by what you post, which is why i have serious reservations about your judgment.
MattDavis

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:19 pm
@Setanta,
Reservations are good.
Is there a specific post which you would like to discuss?
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
What is it that you think that they are in denial about?

That they exhibit the conditions they list if they are provoked in certain ways. Not getting a promotion they expected for example. Was that not obvious from what I said.

They work for a consideration you know. They have a target in the market. People who want to discover new conditions in others they hadn't thought of before in order to trot them out for the same reason I gave for them being written. Like a pyramid and the last in lose. And judging from your posts you are in the bottom segment of it.

Quote:
Is it somewhat similar to how you and setanta agree?

I have some sympathy with Setanta. I have experienced something for which a military field hospital is the response. Once. That must have been day-in-day-out for Setanta. It wasn't emotional. It was intellectual. It puts an edge on the side you've already got. Particularly regarding the festering, fetid slurry tank which the bourgeois is.

Have you ever heard of Ambrose Bierce. He was in your Civil War and seems to have been affected in a similar, though more extreme, way.

It was what Henry Miller meant when he said that Tropic of Cancer was a gob of spit in the face of the human race. But 'ol Henry was a bit crude and forthright. Marcel Proust would not have chosen words like that. Kingsley Amis was about the mid-point between them.

I feel sure Setanta and I agree on many things but you have a facility to spot one of those things as a cat spots a mouse and you try to make as much of it.

You have HBIMCP. (Half baked intellectual management control problems.) And pretty bad too.

Mr Miller also said that he didn't do psychoanalysis for fear of the geek shitting himself.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
The only transitional point in evolution is like the one where a tangent touches a circle.

Is your smiley an attempt to evade full responsibility for your remark?
MattDavis

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:30 pm
@spendius,
Spendius wrote:
The only transitional point in evolution is like the one where a tangent touches a circle.

I swear to God, if someone mentions punctuated equilibrium I am going to throw a tantrum.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:30 pm
@MattDavis,
Quote:
Well attempts to "diagnose" Setanta are of necessity patronizing at best.
If one must do so, do so privately. I certainly have not enough information to "diagnose" anyone through the medium of a chat forum

I have to disagree with you here and I think that we are all adults and if we are not demeaning others but rather sharing our observations, what harm is there? Things that are taboo are taboo because we label them so but does it really mean that we cant have an intellectual conversations about them? I personally think that we should refrain from belittling others but if we are sharing view points with others what is it that should be to taboo from our conversations?

Do you think that a sociopath or someone with OCPD really cares to have a private relationship?

When someone thinks that they are so much smarter than others why should they seek help from someone who is not as witted as they?

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson6.php