Atheists... Your life is pointless

reasoning logic

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why do you need to tell everyone how much time you've spent in academia? Surely if you were as wise as you say you are, you wouldn't have to bang on about it all the time.

Come on Izzy do I sense a bit of intellectual jealousy? If I were you I would take a little more time and think about how I replied. You sound like me when I had a few to many. Drunk
You know very well that he never claimed to be wise.
izzythepush

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well you must be right, you've watched far more videos than me.

Btw, if I think someone's smart I don't get jealous, I tell them. Sometimes, if I think someone's an idiot, educated or otherwise, I tell them that as well.

Although sometimes it's blindingly obvious.
cicerone imposter

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Mr. Green
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 05:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Well you must be right, you've watched far more videos than me.

OK so now your making a claim that some one who has watched more videos than you must be right? Come on Izzy you are wondering away from intellectual honesty don't you think?

Quote:
Btw, if I think someone's smart I don't get jealous, I tell them. Sometimes, if I think someone's an idiot, educated or otherwise, I tell them that as well.

Although sometimes it's blindingly obvious.

OK that is cool what is it that you find Zardoz to be obviously an idiot about?
spendius

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why do you need to tell everyone how much time you've spent in academia? Surely if you were as wise as you say you are, you wouldn't have to bang on about it all the time.

Some people are very conscious of their place in the intellectutal hierarchy izzy and banging on about it is therefore very important to them.

Even rjb, in a recent post, had to have an assistant. "My students" is a fave. Some are more subtle but not by much. They weave it into the texture of their prose. I can't imagine why because nobody gives a ****.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:19 pm
@Zardoz,
But you do not realize you are preparing for a battle you are not willing to fight...You say how evil religion is because it is a cult...and how damaging it can be...and you point out what evil religious are doing...you, like many do not point out what theists are buying into in an atheistic society...and how that will eradicate these evil actions...now, you are saying that there is no free will...which would mean that religious would not be in control of their actions, and you are setting the ways for future generations to argue they are not doing anything morally wrong...Which begs me to ask you why do you think religious do morally evil actions if you do not believe there is a free individual will? Do you say that they do evil because you are bias against religion, while you actually believe there is no free individual will? Or do you think their actions are evil because you believe there is a will, but are now trying to prove a point of no free individual will because it conducive to try to prove another point to someone else while you actually do not believe it is true?
reasoning logic

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:30 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
now, you are saying that there is no free will

He did not say that but rather it is more limited than we think. maybe I am wrong and he believes this to be true but as I see it either one of you may be correct but I think that the working model he is using may be closer to reality. Very Happy

Quote:
which would mean that religious would not be in control of their actions,

Come on spades because he is saying that religion is
somewhat in control of peoples actions which could be proven to be the end to mankind.

Quote:
you are setting the ways for future generations to argue they are not doing anything morally wrong

Really Spades is this what he is saying?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Come on spades because he is saying that religion is control of their actions which could be proven to be the end to mankind.

Then how could there be no free will, or a limited free will if he or someone else can see that a religious free action can end mankind? Can't a religious limited free action save mankind? How could anyone argue there is in, anyway, a limit to free individual action? If they can differentiate between moral and immoral actions from religious or irreligious?

Quote:
Really Spades is this what he is saying?

I did not say he was saying that...that is what I said that he is implying...

In other words, I am saying that I think he is preparing this position while he does not know he is preparing it...Or the ramifications of doing it...So yes, I think he is saying it...No, I do not think he realizes he is saying it...

No, I do not know how he feels because he has not responded to me yet...and he usually does not respond to me...
reasoning logic

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
No, I do not know how he feels because he has not responded to me...and he usually does not respond to me...

Please be nice towards him and I will analyze his responses as well but it does not mean that I am correct about my analytical approach.

I think he will see value in you so please hold out. Wink
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 06:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
I did not mean my response in anyway other than trying to be nice to him about it...Wink

I, however, do not understand your "C'mon spades" and your "is this really what he is saying" comments? Could you explain those for me?
reasoning logic

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I, however, do not understand your "C'mon spades" and your "is this really what he is saying" comments? Could you explain those for me?

Please dwell on it for a day or two and see what you come up with, if you come up with nothing then please think of questions that may be more precise about what you are asking me. I love you brother. Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:07 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think I do actually know why you have said them...but I was hoping you would tell me why you had? If I explain why I think you have (even if I am correct) it makes me look deceptive...I wanted to hear you explain your positions...I already know what I think/thought...

Don't worry about it mate...I will just patiently wait for Zardoz to answer me like you have said you think he will...Wink Very Happy

Nothing but love for everyone mate Wink Very Happy
0 Replies

MattDavis

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 08:34 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
I agree greed is one of the main problems facing us today but religion wants to puts all in a grave. Greed runs in cycles throughout history the ungodly greedy want all the wealth and they use their increased wealth to take even more when the ungodly greedy have 99% of the wealth there is a revolution and the ungodly greedy are killed and roasted like the pigs they are in France they fed them to their wives. The process then resets and starts over. Most religions foretell of a world ending apocalypse, someting they will bring about in a self-fulfilling prophesy if left to their own devices.

Zardot, I can't really tell if you are being serious or if you are just playing around.

There are so many assertions here, I hardly even know where to start....

I guess lets first look at "religion" wanting to put all in a grave. Not really sure what your definition of "religion" is here, but you do make this beast sound awfully menacing. Maybe you could tell me what exactly it is.

I am having a little trouble following the diatribe regarding greed particularly "ungodly greed". Are you making a distinction between greed that is connected to "religion" as apposed to non-religiously associated greed?

Perhaps I haven't spent as many hours collecting a library and listening to books on tape, but what on Earth are you referring to by "....killed and roasted like the pigs they are in France they fed them to their wives." Poetically it sounds like an excerpt from an apocryphal eschatology. Do you count William Blake among your influences?

"Most religions foretell of a world ending apocalypse...."
Do they?
Which ones?
I seriously question how much time you have spent studying theology in your autodidactic journey. You might also want to become more familiar with non-deistic religions, before you pick up your sword.
MattDavis

Sun 3 Mar, 2013 08:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Quote:
I agree it is very interesting, however, the studies implications are often overstated.

Could it be as other scientific understandings "that is that they are all not perfect but trying to get as close to truth as possible? Smile

Yes. That's the hope. Very Happy
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 4 Mar, 2013 02:44 am
@reasoning logic,
Let's face it RL, if anyone promotes evangelical atheism you can't wait to stick your tongue up their arse, regardless of how ridiculous they are. If an evangelical atheist suggested you should all paint your bottoms blue to show your disdain for religion, you'd be the the first down B&Q to get a tin of emulsion.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:40 am
Yeah! It won't be long before the Atheist Crusades start and the blood starts to flow.
Setanta

Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:49 am
@FBM,
RL is at the top of our list, too . . .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:51 am
@FBM,
I think they've had their crusade already. The atheist reasoning behind eugenics lead to the slaughter of millions in Nazi Germany.
FBM

Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:21 am
@izzythepush,
You mean that Catholic guy with the funny moustache? He didn't do a damn thing in the name of atheism or to try to convert anybody to it. His religion was himself through Nazism.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/21.jpg
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 4 Mar, 2013 05:30 am
Interesting Hitler quote...on signing the Nazi-Vatican Concordat, April 26, 1933: "Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without religious foundation is built on air; consequently all character training and religion must be derived from faith . . ."