Atheists... Your life is pointless

MattDavis

Wed 6 Feb, 2013 01:14 am
@John Creasy,
John Creasy wrote:

Why do so many atheists come out of the woodwork to confront anybody that questions them? Why are you so adamant about there being no God? Sounds like you are the ones preaching. I find it ironic that there are more atheists than theists on a spirituality forum.

You asked a question of atheists. Now you complain about so many of them answering your question. Perhaps you should have just asked yourself the question and then allowed yourself to answer. You know, like prayer.
izzythepush

Wed 6 Feb, 2013 03:26 am
@MattDavis,
John Creasy hasn't posted for years, both of you are talking to thin air.
reasoning logic

Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
John Creasy hasn't posted for years, both of you are talking to thin air.

Do you normally respond to people who talk to thin air?
MattDavis

Wed 6 Feb, 2013 07:26 pm
@izzythepush,
lol
wouldn't be the first time
:^)
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 7 Feb, 2013 04:53 am
John Creasy is/was an Ulster Protestant with a really hateful attitude. You haven't missed a thing.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 7 Feb, 2013 06:27 am
@reasoning logic,
I talk to you don't I?
reasoning logic

Thu 7 Feb, 2013 08:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Are you suggesting that you are nothing more than thin air?
reasoning logic

Thu 7 Feb, 2013 08:32 pm
OK so I have no interest in the super bowl but is it wrong if I like this commercial?

izzythepush

Fri 8 Feb, 2013 12:21 pm
@reasoning logic,
I think you know what I'm suggesting.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone I have access to copy and paste when I am running Word but when I go on to Internet Explorer 9 I can no longer find a cut and paste. On the earlier versions of Internet Explorer I had access to cut and paste.
Zardoz

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 12:36 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy I realize you don’t live in America but your mistake is as common over here as it is over there. Most people will simply not acknowledge that they belong to a cult, over here or over there.

Christopher Hitchens has written 12 books and is a respected author even after his death.

cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 12:43 pm
@Zardoz,
Strange; I use IE, but have no problems with cut and paste.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 01:15 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
Christopher Hitchens has written 12 books and is a respected author even after his death.

Is that the same Christopher Hitchens who supported the illegal war in Iraq?

In any event he's hardly an impartial source whichever way you look at it. He's pursuing an agenda all of his own.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 01:17 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
Most people will simply not acknowledge that they belong to a cult, over here or over there.

What about people who aren't part of any religion but don't use your narrow definition of the word?
spendius

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 02:28 pm
@Zardoz,
Look Zardoz--if you define a cult in a certain way and that definition allows you to say that the Catholic Church is a cult, then it is a cult from your point of view. Tautologically.

It being a cult does not undermine the wisdom or otherwise of its teachings on sexual morality which are what I think you actually object to. I don't see any other reason why anyone would object to one cult's ideas on other matters more than to those of any other cult.

The Church was invented because all other known cults had proved to be a dead end which cannot yet be said about the Church.

Ragman

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 02:36 pm
@Zardoz,
Cut and Paste = press Ctrl C to copy the word or phrase and then Ctrl V to paste it.
spendius

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 02:38 pm
@spendius,
And furthermore, any activities of some of the ministers of the cult which are at odds with the cult's teachings don't undermine those teachings either.

In fact, the widespread condemnation of such ministers is a mark of the acceptance of the cult's teachings by the general population and, as such, a measure of its success in respect of that particular error (sin).
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:22 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
And furthermore, any activities of some of the ministers of the cult which are at odds with the cult's teachings don't undermine those teachings either.

In fact, the widespread condemnation of such ministers is a mark of the acceptance of the cult's teachings by the general population and, as such, a measure of its success in respect of that particular error (sin).

You are spot on! But many will dodge this when confronted with it, because they have no solution to what we are buying into in rejecting a "cult" and adopting an atheistic moral living or society...

So since they have no reputable solution, they might as well just leave these cults alone...Or acknowledge for the most part it is doing good things...and 1/10 of one percent of the population does not render the whole thing rotten...but it is just a way for them to portray their subjective views with no viable solutions...because if they had to answer it in an intellectually honest way, they know that an atheistic moral society would be a cult as well...
cicerone imposter

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 03:28 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I see the same dynamics in politics.
0 Replies

FBM

Sat 9 Feb, 2013 05:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

OK so I have no interest in the super bowl but is it wrong if I like this commercial?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGcPjAH2iHQ[/youtube]

Cool That's the first time I've seen that. Nice. Very nice.