Atheists... Your life is pointless

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:36 pm
@Setanta,
I was thinking the same thing when he said "Just opposite faces of the same coin."

If that's not an analogy, I wonder where he learned English comprehension. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
Setanta

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:48 pm
@Val Killmore,
They're superior to yours, certainly, thank you for recognizing that. I've demonstrated that you had constructed an analogy, and that what you wrote was certainly not a metaphor--apparently metaphor is just a word that sounds cool to you, because it doesn't even remotely describe your silly statement. This is rather like getting in a fight with an unarmed man while carrying a big stick. You lose . . . but, then, in debate, you always lose.
Setanta

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
What makes you think he ever learned to comprehend the English language? I really should stop now--this is the moral equivalent of beating up a little kid and taking his lunch money.
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 12:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, the drunken fool is here to butt into arguments to just sucker punch anyone he doesn't agree with him and then go on to hide under his rock to drink more. Anyway, your ignorance now is clear seeing what you quoted as well as what you underlined.
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing when he said "Just opposite faces of the same coin."

Just priceless LOL.

So let me try to give you a simple one sentence statement to not confuse your poor alcohol soaked brain.
1) Analogy or Metaphor
>Atheists and Fundamental Christians are just opposite faces of the same coin.
Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:03 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

They're superior to yours, certainly, thank you for recognizing that. I've demonstrated that you had constructed an analogy, and that what you wrote was certainly not a metaphor--apparently metaphor is just a word that sounds cool to you, because it doesn't even remotely describe your silly statement. This is rather like getting in a fight with an unarmed man while carrying a big stick. You lose . . . but, then, in debate, you always lose.

You can say that to yourself all you want if it makes you feel any useful.
You've not demonstrated that I've constructed an analogy, you've just quoted dictionary definitions, definitions it seems which you can't apply to a sentence.
Quote:
This is rather like getting in a fight with an unarmed man while carrying a big stick.

Good job, now that there is a simile.
Quote:
You lose . . . but, then, in debate, you always lose.

And just because you say I lost, it means I lost? Wow you must be special.
Setanta

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:06 pm
@Val Killmore,
No, that was a simile, not an analogy. You really are one of the stupidest, hateful sons of bitches i've ever encountered around here. As far as being special goes, it doesn't take much to be special in comparison to you.
Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:11 pm
@Setanta,
What are you talking about old man?
Where did I say it was an analogy?
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:30 pm
Editing like that is the slimiest trick in the book . . . go away little boy, you lost and since you're not a man, you're incapable of admitting it.
Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:33 pm
@Setanta,
I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about old man. Has delusions gotten the best of you?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 01:52 pm
@Val Killmore,
You had to attack me as a "poor alcohol soaked brain," when that's factually false - like your opinions on a2k. Can you prove I'm an alcoholic? No.

Same as your analogy; you are incapable of intellectual debate because you don't even know what you post.

Here's Maher on your post,
Quote:
Atheists and Fundamental Christians are just opposite faces of the same coin.

Read this if you are capable; http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bill-mahers-new-rule-atheism-and-religion-are-not-two-sides-of-the-same-coin/
You're just too stupid to know what you even present as "opinion."

Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Really? So why is Maher's opinion any better than my opinion? Why is a media whore's opinion better than my opinion? Anyway I was quite aware of his opinion before I commented on this thread.

Anyway, based on the article, he says “abstinence is a sex position.” Abstinence and Sexual Position are opposites? Who knew?
However I do know one thing, which everyone, and yes even your poor alcohol soaked brain ( Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk ) and that is heads and tails are opposites.
Capisce?
spendius

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:19 pm
@Val Killmore,
Anybody with any brains knows that abstinence is a sexual position. A large number of them actually. More than those positions in the Kama Sutra.

cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:29 pm
@Val Killmore,
You wouldn't understand why Maher's opinion is better. Maher is known as a very good communicator; you're not - even on this limited thread.
Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:39 pm
@spendius,
Here is the full context by Maher: "treating atheism like a religion would be like saying “abstinence is a sex position.”

Thus my initial questioning: Abstinence and Sexual Position are opposites?
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 06:39 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh interesting. So do you think Hitler's opinions are better than Maher's because Hitler was a better communicator than Maher? Cross my heart.
And before you resort to Godwin's law, I'd like to say that some of this **** you say, even as an old and "mature" man just really makes me question your intelligence.
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:55 pm
@Val Killmore,
You'll never know, but it depends on the messenger and their message. I'm sure you are not aware of such details.

Especially when you can confuse Maher and Hitler.
Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 09:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
So trying to justify your initial ignorant post. So what are the cafeteria's again. 1) you have to be a good communicator. 2) it depends on the messenger and their message.
Anymore details you want to add?
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 09:51 pm
@Val Killmore,
No confusion on my part. You just haven't learned to comprehend the English language very well. My statements can be understood by almost 100% of the people reading it without any confusion to its meaning. It's only people like you who fail to understand simple English.

Has it ever make you think why you are challenged in what you say, and I'm not?

You need to go back to school.

Quote:
www.thefreedictionary.com/analogya. Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
Val Killmore

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 11:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
No confusion on my part. You just haven't learned to comprehend the English language very well.

So automatic gainsaying is your comeback. You can do better than that.

Quote:
My statements can be understood by almost 100% of the people reading it without any confusion to its meaning.

Really? almost 100% huh? You don't have a specific number like 99% or 98.5%. So you're trying to quantify a subjective claim with numbers. That shows your ignorance, but anyways, show me the study and the data collected that proves this case.

Quote:
Has it ever make you think why you are challenged in what you say, and I'm not?

You need to go back to school.

And you've finished school, I'm guessing, but it seems you're ignorant as a little child. You've shown more than once of your ignorant "logical" claims and ideas but keep on talking, I don't mind. I've talked to dropouts who talk more sense than you. And that is putting it nicely.

Quote:
www.thefreedictionary.com/analogya. Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.

Ah it seems you don't understand the difference between analogy and metaphor. Just like the poor geezer Setanta. Setanta should apologize to you for confusing your little brain. As I've said before, that poor geezer quoted both definitions from the dictionary yet still can't connect the dots that what I said was a metaphor. I mean it's right there in front of his eyes and he chooses to be ignorant and stubborn of his mistake.
If your ignorant brain does not have the resources to connect the dots properly, I'll try to help you understand as best as I can. My sentence uses a coin to mean another and makes a comparison between the coin and atheists/fundamental christians implicity. To elaborate, my sentence is a metaphor comparing atheists/ fundamental christians to a coin. It is an implicit comparison. And I think it is a spot-on metaphor without the elaboration that an analogy requires.
Comprende?
cicerone imposter

Fri 25 Jan, 2013 11:48 pm
@Val Killmore,
That's not "gainsaying." It's a fact proven by your own inability to comprehend what is written in simple English.

If you believe what you wrote is a metaphore, it only again proves you don't understand simple English.

When you use the word "opposite x of the same coin" it's an analogy. If you believe what you wrote is a metaphore, it means you don't even undertand what you yourself wrote. As a metaphore, it contradicts itself, and has no meaning.