Atheists... Your life is pointless

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:25 am
@reasoning logic,
I don't have a big family in that respect...1 of each....But I do have a big family mate....9 aunts and uncles on that one side...And 10 other cousins...
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:26 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You're British? Whereabouts are you from?

He sounds like he could be your next door neighbor Izzy.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:27 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
cool
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:45 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Bill sounds like a really bad guy and/or you really despise him.

LOL........
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:49 am
@reasoning logic,
You've not met my next door neighbour.
BillRM

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:55 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Explain something to me if you can. Why is it you'll believe anything bad (in your view) about God you find in the bible but ignore the good?

Speaking for myself I do not believe that the writers of the bible have any more knowledge of a god then anyone else does IE zero however it is fun asking questions concerning those writings that true believers think we should guide our lives by.

For example when Mose first came down from the mountain with the ten commandments under his arm and found members of his tribe had misbehaved he order large scale killings among them and to hell with you shall not killed commandment.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:59 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
We, as Christians, are not going around wiping out other groups of people at the behest of God like in the Old Testament

Do you know anything about the history of the mother church at all?

Wiping out whole communities by the sword in the name of Jesus for daring to disagree with the church rulings on the nature of Jesus for example.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:17 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You've not met my next door neighbour.

This is neighborhood isn't it?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:23 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
This is neighborhood isn't it?

Logic, are you drinking mate? What the heck is going on with your grammar? I am not saying that mine is not bad...But all of the sudden you are mispelling, and leaving words out that you do not normally do...Me? I just do it all of the time....
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:25 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Logic, are you drinking mate?

No its to early but just a few more minutes and it will be breakfast time. lol
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 08:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
leaving words out that you do not normally do..

I had a couple of drinks and I seen that I left out the word "your" but early this morning I did not see that, Do you think I should have a couple before I try and type something?
0 Replies

Zardoz

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:25 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush I have looked through my library and found several books that I used as reference material during the debate about the nonexistence of god. They include “Everything You Know About God is Wrong,” “The Atheists Bible,” “There is a God,” “God is not Great,” “Why We Believe What We Believe,” “The End of Faith,” and the “atheist Universe.”
My library is not well organized and I had to go through over 1000 books to find those books. I book mark, highlight and underline useful passages and sometimes I have over 200 underlines in a good book so I went through those books page by page. Evidently I still haven’t located the particular book that bible passage was in. You can tell the passage is seldom referred to even in the books that argue against the existence of god.

Of those books “Why We Believe What We Believe” by Andrew Newburg, M D and Mark Robert Waldman is especially good read. It explains why people are so susceptible to believing in nonsense.

“I recall the story of the philosopher and the theologian. The two were engaged in a disputation and the theologian used the old quip about a philosopher being like a blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat---which wasn’t there. “That may be,” said the philosopher: but the theologian would have found it.”

Jullan Huxley
FBM

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:41 pm
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:

“I recall the story of the philosopher and the theologian. The two were engaged in a disputation and the theologian used the old quip about a philosopher being like a blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat---which wasn’t there. “That may be,” said the philosopher: but the theologian would have found it.”

Jullan Huxley

Laughing I very like that one.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 31 Dec, 2012 03:29 am
@Zardoz,
As that's the case, I suggest you've misremembered the Rivers of Babylon bit.
nothingtodo

Tue 1 Jan, 2013 02:01 am
@izzythepush,
I was Born in Britain, if that is your question, though I am not really 'from' there, in the sense of makeup.
izzythepush

Tue 1 Jan, 2013 06:08 am
@nothingtodo,
Are you still living in Britain?
nothingtodo

Tue 1 Jan, 2013 06:29 am
@izzythepush,
I would not class breathing as 'living' most days.
You got white socks?.
Or are you a business type?.

LOL
izzythepush

Tue 1 Jan, 2013 07:10 am
@nothingtodo,
At the moment my socks are black.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Tue 1 Jan, 2013 08:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush whether it is Mosses ordering the killing of all the children of another tribe or revenge killings focusing on bashing the brains out of children the bible is hardly a well spring of morality. When people sight the bible or god as a source of moral inspiration they tend to ignore much of its text.

“Now, therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that has known a man by lying with him. But all the women children that hath not known man by lying with him, keep for yourselves.”

Mosses from Deuteronomy.

This is not killing in the heat of battle but cold calculated murder. This was the bible version of the My Lai Massacre during the Vietnam War where 504 unarmed civilians were murdered and raped.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Tue 1 Jan, 2013 09:56 pm
@Zardoz,
So what you are saying is you did not find the scripture passage?