Satan and good

jstark

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 05:08 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
jstark,

You say you have one standard that you are using? Could you share what that is please?

It's simply that I am not affording God any special indulgences because He is "pure love" or whatever people adore Him for. I think the Bible is telling us a lot more about the nature of Good and Evil then we are going to get if we put God on an untouchable pedestal. He is a jealous God, is love jealous?

My standard is to look at what each character in the Bible actually does and draw conclusions from that. For example, God killed everyone on the planet except for about 10 people from Noah's family. What does that tell us about what God may have in store for us at anytime? If he has done that in the past, what makes you think you are one of God's blessed now? I mean, with those odds your more likely to get struck by lightening!

Now think of all the millions of people who perished. How many of them do you think believed that they were in fact one of the blessed of God? What religions, faiths and stories perished in the flood?

Now Satan has not done such a thing but if he did I'm sure the Bible would report it as the most Evil event in History, when God's children were almost wiped out! This is an example of a double standard.

Looking at some of the things Lucifer has been punished for, I ask, is God just? As Terry mentioned, God seems to have fibbed a bit, if not out right lied. I also mentioned that Eve was never commanded by God not to eat the fruit, so it seems that God is simply making things up as he goes along. When I am confronted with these issues I do not retreat into my faith, I look at what these things say about the characters who do them and I apply logic to there actions in an effort to understand them.

Kind Regards
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 05:23 pm
jstark,

I still think you give Satan the credit you should be giving to God. You must remember, Satan is the Father of all Lies. He is the ultimate deceiver.

God lied to no one. God does not lie.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:10 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

God lied to no one. God does not lie.

Yeah, he just let Abraham strap Isaac to the alter, ready the knife and then said "SIKE!"

Hey MA. How you doing? Smile
0 Replies

non-denom christian

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2005 11:49 am
Satan has no power except that of deception. Satan's only goal is to revenge God. He does this through creating chaos. Satan uses his knowledge that we have God given free will. He knows WE MAKE OUR OWN CHOICES. He knows God will leave us to our own demise since that also balances on the gift of free will. Satan's only plan is to separate us from God. He uses manipulation, deceit, trickery, lust, greed etc. Satan has no controll over anything not even hell which is why he must resort to such tactics. Satan is a prisioner of the earth untill God comes and puts him in his place. Satan longs for control. He knows his time is limited which makes him very determined. Satan often comes as a sheep, only to be revealed when he can cause some damage. Satan is not barred from tempting christians and in fact works harder to win christians over. He would be wasting his time if he only hung out with the people he has already deystroyed. Once he gets you, he leaves you, leaving the person feeling void and rotten. The opposite is true with God. Once he gets you, he cares for you and like the best human fathers, teaches you wisdom and self-confidence and how we can be of help to fellow humans. Hope this helped. Love.
0 Replies