Cannabis as antidepressant, and it may help neurogenesis

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
Hmm, interesting -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4338634.stm

Well, as the article explains, it is more complicated than that pot is an antidepressant, with different canabinoids having different effects, sometimes contradictory.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,775 • Replies: 9
No top replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:32 pm
It has many uses, thats great!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/Bella81/HW-TRICKORTREATDOLL.gif
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 01:03 pm
O Canada!

Experience tells me this is true...unless you smoke chronic. Then you're setting yourself up for disaster; and you've probably got issues you're avoiding.

I'll never forget the day my beloved step-dad asked to 'hook him up' bc he was in chronic pain and nothing was working anymore. He never used drugs in his life (except Wiser's whiskey) Razz
It was so cute "I'll only do it if you smoke it with me. I need you to show me how to do it!" Laughing

Sometimes a nice joint can be a blessing! He enjoyed a good night's sleep that was desperately needed. It helped with his pain.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 01:53 pm
I see I misspelled cannabinoids. Oh well.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:00 pm
That is interesting news, Osso. When I get old I am so gonna become a big pothead.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:02 pm
are they talking about the marijuana you find today?
or marijuana of .. like 60's ?70's?

there is a big diffrence in the two..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:04 pm
I always thought I'd go back to smoking various things when I knew I was on my way out.. and now that I'm older, smoking doesn't appeal to me at all. Brownies do.. with or without additives.

In the article they were describing breaking down the effects to this or that cannabinoid - maybe they'll make progress on this worthy endeavor.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:13 pm
if marijuana was truly the natural plant it used to be, i would say to anyone ( including myself) have at it.
But , with the way it has changed over the years and the intensity it has been bred for, it isnt the same plant. I wonder if there ARE any benefits of it left at all..
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
They aren't talking about raw cannabis but one (or some) of the individual cannabinoids being used in experiments.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:32 pm
OH!
ok.. i was a little fuzzy there..
not because of cannibus either. Laughing
0 Replies