A very sad cat story

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:29 pm
I'm still trying to get details on this story. It happened in a neighboring city adjacent to mine. I wonder if she had 70 cats in an apartment?

Crying or Very sad

Cat Lover Dies from Burns
Oct, 13 2005 - 4:30 PM

SURREY/CKNW(AM980) - A 50-year old woman badly burned in an early morning apartment fire in Surrey yesterday has died in hospital.

Beverley Parent was taken off life support late this morning.

Parent, an avid animal rights advocate, suffered the burns trying to rescue more than 70 cats in her care.

Nearly 60 died of smoke inhalation in the blaze, which is believed to be accidental.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,035 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:40 pm
According to this in-depth article, apparently so. I don't know how she managed it.

Either way, a very sad story.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:57 pm
This just breaks my heart. I run a homeless cat shelter. This woman was a gem. It's not hard taking care of a lot of cats but she was responsible enough to have them all tattooed and documented. She found homes for them! What an angel she was.

Cats are the best! Each with their own personality and yes, always a story and a silly quirk for each one! I have one that lives on the refrigerator and if you are on the phone, you have to hold the phone up to her and she rubs all over it and talks to whoever is on the phone! Then she goes and lays down!

Bless this woman and God rest her soul!
0 Replies