Old Sprain

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 08:48 am
I sprained my ankle about 4 months ago on both sides of my foot. I wore and air cast for 2 weeks. Now, suddenly my ankle feels like I need to "crack" it right down the top of my foot. It's been happening a lot lately and I can only think to attribute it to the fact that I rotated my ankle wrong the other day and may have done something weird to it. It hurts moderatly when it feels like it needs to be "cracked". Any suggestions on 1) why it would be doing this or if it's even related and 2) what I can do to make it stop hurting and feeling this way.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 998 • Replies: 8
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 08:53 am
You just can't catch a break.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 09:33 am
Nope. I am falling to pieces.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 09:40 am
Bella you make me chuckle. You're in bits woman! I feel like I'm starting to fall apart also. I have had a spate of medical issues recently and then I started having a pain in my ass yesterday (yes literally a pain in my left butt-cheek extending down the back of my left when I stretched my leg out). I think I may have pulled a ham-string but it did occur to me how I would explain this to my doc. Yes doc, I am a pain in the ass. It's official folks!

As for your latest medical foray, do check with your doc or just even call him/her to ask a quick question. You may not even need to go see him/her. For all you know this may be normal, a part of the healing process.

I know, I know what happened .... Bella kicked me in the arse. Now she has an injured foot and my arse ... well ....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:00 am
Heeven, it sounds like your sciatica iatica nerve. Pain usually runs from your lower back right on down your leg. And it's really crappy.

Spine Stuff

True, about the natural healing thing. But unfortunatly, my doctor is very hands on and won't say anything over the phone.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 01:26 pm
Sciatica can be caused by pelvic floor issues. These can plague women after childbirth. Seek out a good physical therapist that specializes in women's health if the problem continues.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 01:39 pm
Bella, have you tried doing about 10 shots of Zambuca? I find that wears away any pains of mine.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 01:45 pm
Also remember not to light the Sambuca on fire. I remember a certain person doing that and buring her eyebrows off! Forgot to blow out the fire. You DO NOT NEED another medical emergency!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 01:52 pm
Heeven wrote:
Also remember not to light the Sambuca on fire. I remember a certain person doing that and buring her eyebrows off! Forgot to blow out the fire. You DO NOT NEED another medical emergency!

Laughing

I am a little attached to my eyebrows. Your advice will be heeded.
0 Replies