How was your first date like?

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 03:50 am
i am into an age when most of my friends are into dating and stuff. But, i am single, so often i wonder what is it like to date? and especially, what's a first date like?

will you please recount your first date? how was it? what intimacy level you achieved? did that turn out into a relationship?

oh! how curious i am to know?? Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,123 • Replies: 22
No top replies

material girl

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 04:09 am
im 30, been on 1 date, Id known the guy for years.It was nice, I went in a silly girly mood(very unlike me, Im clearly not used to being in that kind of a situation) and it ended with a smooch.
0 Replies

MysticalElfGirl

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 05:01 am
I've had three boyfriends already. The first two were back in 2004, the third one was earlier this year. The first one was too young for me and his grandmother didn't approve of me as his girlfriend, and I only liked him as a friend, not a boyfriend, the second one was a summer fling(whom I never heard back from after summer was over since he was only visiting his uncle for the summer), the third just flat dumped me. Never been on any dates though. But I am single and looking!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 06:50 am
Shoot, my first date was back in 6th grade so I don't remember what happened. Group date. To the movies probably. My parents wouldnt let me go alone. My first "real" date was with a boyfriend and was to the movies when I was 16. There is nothing like a first date. For someone your age, it's normally with someone you already know or are already dating. You go to a movie or to a dance together. Maybe you have dinner. Nothing serious and usually you will meet friends at some point in the evening. Dating when you are older gets much much harder. You usually don't know the person you are going out with so it makes the situation more anxious and you feel far more insecure. You usually meet for dinner or coffee or a drink. Perhaps see a movie or do something you both like (if you met somewhere engaging in a hobby).

If you aren't interested in dating that's fine. No one says you have to.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:09 am
Funny, I remember my first date. We were both fifeteen and we went bowling on a Sunday afternoon. His mother drove us to the lanes and picked us up a few hours later. He and I started going together. He was my first real boyfriend. Good grief. That was a looooong time ago.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:21 am
I remember my first boyfriend, it was the beginning of 4th grade and I was just starting at a new school... I walked into the classroom and sat down near two boys... one starts talking to me and all he says is "will you go out with him" I said no but it made me happy.... I was also very very very very shy

The next day I came in class and sat down and he asked the same thing over and over again and I finally said yes... there was a dance coming up and because he was my boyfriend we were supposed to go together and dance... I had never been to a dance before *gulp*...

Needless to say we go to this dance and when the first slow song comes on and they start pushing us together I run off crying because I am shy, and scared and all together a cry baby....

Finally I calmed myself down, came back and danced with him... we danced to boys to men... down on bended knees I think... everytime I hear them I think of him...

He was also my next door later so we always hung out, kissed in the basement.. all the cute stuff you do as a kid... My only missed memory from that town

A few years ago I was at work when I hear about a boy that had died in a car accident... when I heard the name I was in shock... it was him.. my first boyfriend...

Though we hadn't talked for 6 years, I was talking to one of his friends and we were all planning on getting together someday... but that never happened... I even went to his wake, I felt so out of place at first... then I saw some old familiar places and they said they were happy I came

SORRY to put a sad note to this thread... but it is a happy memory....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:24 am
You had dances in 4th grade?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:24 am
Funny how its all girls posting.
C'mon guys, do you believe in love......
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:27 am
Bella Dea wrote:
You had dances in 4th grade?

An arcade place had them, it was called great times... the great times dances... they held them for all the local kids before teen centers came around....

You got to play video games in one room and dance like crazy in the other... and some of these little 4th graders danced naughty Shocked they did the tootsie roll like you'd never believe.. I was horrified...

Him and I went to a few dances together... and I remember at one of them he went into the arcade and played a bunch of games.. won tickets and got me one of those rings with my birthstone in it.... cheap but for a fourth grader, using all your tickets on a girl.. now that was big... I think I still have the ring Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:37 am
What do you call a man who wants to have sex with you on the second date ?

Patient
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 07:45 am
Deidre invited me home to meet her parents on our first date. I was petrified. And rightly so. We were both five.

It didn't work out but I'll never forget her.

Sorry, being dreadfully flippant.

My first date as a sort of adult was very formal, shaking hands, being extra polite, almost wooden. But that's to be expected. But I did enjoy her company.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 09:55 am
For my first real date, I picked out a varsity football player I barely knew and asked him to the annual homecoming dance. We were both 15. He was very large and athletic for his age--the only sophomore on the squad. The dance was semiformal. We doubled with his older brother, who was a senior, and his girlfriend. "Steve" brought me the requisite mum. We danced very stiffly to music that was terribly inappropriate though popular. (Imagine gawky teens in formal dress stumbling around under blacklights to strains of "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vi-Da." How embarrassing.)

To top off the evening, he bought me a Coke on the way home and I gagged on it, turning blue and spluttering all over the table and my expensive dress.

No kiss goodnight. Just as well...I didn't want to get too close to his face anyway. Terrible acne.

We barely spoke to each other after the fiasco.

Of course, I still have the photo. I'm unrepentantly sentimental, even about unqualified disasters.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:12 am
:-)

Like material girl, I have a hard time thinking of any dates. Almost all of my relationships have been with people I hung out with for a while, then in the course of hanging out we were suddenly kissing. (Well, not suddenly, but not "dates".)

I've always had guy friends who I'd hang out with, go to movies together and stuff, but most of 'em were just friends, so even the date-type experiences I'm coming up with weren't actually dates.

Geesh, have I ever been on a date??! I've, like, gotten dressed up and gone out to dinner with my husband (long after we first hooked up), does that count?

Or our wedding?? I got really dressed up for that...! ;-)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:28 am
My first date?

I didn't realize until too late that I had actually agreed to go out on a date.

A bunch of us, guys and girls hung out together in high school.

My best friend of the group happened to be a guy (Bob), so we'd go to the movies all the time and do stuff together where there was no awareness of the fact we were a guy and girl together, we we just doing stuff.

This other guy who had recently joined our group asked me if I wanted to go to the movies. I said, "sure", not realizing until a little later that he had been all nervous asking me and making somewhat of a big deal about when to pick me up and so forth.

When it hit me, I said to Bob "Oh sh*t! Jim asked me on a date"!

Bob pretty much lost it laughing, because it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Jim was gay.

Bob told me "oh God, Jim's going to take you out to see if he can make himself like chicks"!

It was Godawful uncomfortable, because my mother was all like "Your First Date"! I couldn't tell her, "uh, no mom, this guy's gay." It just would have made things so complicated.

Right after the movie I think I said I was sick, or I was tired, or I had to apply some ointment to a horrible rash I had developed during the movie, or something.

He tried to jam his tongue down my throat, (gahhhhhhtg), I escaped into my house, where my mother was sitting there surprised...."Why are you home so early"?

"Well mom, I just did a homosexual the favor of proving to himself that girls were not the way to go for him"

no, of course I didn't say that.

Ahhh....It was a magical night.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:36 am
My first 'date' I was 15 and he was ..17? I think?
I was in 10th grade and we went to see a movie
Nothing fancy.. movie, dinner and then we drove around and talked for about an hour before we went home.
He was my boyfriend for a few months in high school . I saw him once after a few years out of schooll. He was a very angry person at that point in his life and it was a strange things to see from the happy go lucky 'wanna be ' long haird hippy child he was in school. ;-)
We broke up in high school because of 'religious' reasons if you can believe that.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 10:50 am
I went to Roxy Wheels (a roller rink) with Erica V.

I was in the fifth grade and she asked me out by coloring a page rainbow colored then coloring black crayon on top of that. Then she scraped "Will you go out with me?" in the black crayon to reveal the bright colors underneath... how could I say no to that?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:10 am
How cute is THAT??
0 Replies

sagar11

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 11:57 pm
He took me out to watch "Hannibal" at the theater. How romantic! :wink:
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 01:49 am
Chaitea, that's hilarious Very Happy

My first 'date' was probably in 7th grade. The guy I was crushing on invited me to go swimming at the local pond. Four miles biking and us carrying plastic bags of sandiwiches, pop, and chocolate bars. I wiped out on the way back. I was humiliated that I couldn't out-race him and then had to suck down my pride while he helped me up out of the gravel.
Good memory though. We were so innocent.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 02:01 am
8th grade. Martin. I wore my new sweatshirt and sweatpants. They were both green with a purple stripe, the sweatshirt said 'jogging' or something and i thought it was the coolest. we walked around aimlessly, talked about school and dogs and stuff, maybe even held hands... an awkward kiss at the end - we hit our teeth. but i was on cloud nine nonetheless.
0 Replies