shewolfnm

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 08:03 am
Laughing

oh, yeah
this thread is a riot.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 08:16 am
I don't believe him either. He didn't answer the question.

What a load of ****.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 08:39 am
On the other hand, polyamourous relationships do exist which is the basis of my original response. The children resulting from these relationships face social issues above and beyond those in same-sex relationships. The adults also have social acceptance issues and are ostracized from most religious faiths, which is why some groups have appealed to the UUs to be a recognized 'family unit'. It's a big dilemma for some of our denominations. UUs are known for their tolerance and acceptance and have done significant outreach to GLBT families. Polyamourism has been easily accepted by some congregations but it has torn other apart.

This poster seems to be blowing his own horn too loudly and inconsistently to be for real, but the situation does exist.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:00 am
That's interesting, J_B. I'm not sure what I think of it. On the one hand, I think it lessens the legitimacy of GLBT families if any other "alternative" lifestyle is thrown in the same category. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I have a knee-jerk reaction against it, and it IS as legitimate as a gay or lesbiand family.

Hmmm...
0 Replies