Dark Chocolate–miracle drug/another good reason to eat it!

littlek

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:22 pm
Mmmmm, dark chocie and red wine - one of my favorite combos. I was trying to figure out a way to make chocolate and cheese go together.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2005 12:21 pm
Linkat wrote:
I'm moaning just thinking of it...

I'm going to the store.... :wink:
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 06:56 am
Lady J wrote:
Linkat wrote:
I'm moaning just thinking of it...

I'm going to the store.... :wink:

to buy what exactly?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 12:30 am
Dark Chocolate and Cabernet of course! Would you care to partake?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 06:03 am
well I wouldnt mind a bit of slurp and nibble, if thats what you had in mind
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 11:58 am
Is there anything better?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 12:04 pm
well I just skiied 2kms on my machine, finished my prize soduko (to win mp3) and sitting back with a gin and tonic

so later a bit of chococabernet for sure.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2005 12:26 pm
Last evening I went out to dinner with a girl pal (sigh, looking around for available greyhaired males) and had a sinful meal, as someone mentioned about red wine and chocolate earlier: a glass of Domaine de something something (Rhone, a combo of shiraz and merlot) with medium rare venison with a, yes, dark chocolate sauce (Valhrona).. sorry, Bambi.

Man, was that delicious. The sauce was not actually sweet, or only slightly - and the combo went together beautifully.

I hate it when the components of a meal don't "sing" to each other and that happens often even in good restaurants. This was the opposite, some kind of musical resonance..
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 05:26 am
I have to be careful when eating chocolate...especially dark chocolate since it leads to episodes of my tearing through candy stores knocking over display cases and having to be led away in handcuffs. I just love it too much for my own good... Uh, the chocolate, not the handcuffs.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:12 am
Uh huh...sure, Sturgis, sure.....really, I understand. :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:18 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
well I just skiied 2kms on my machine, finished my prize soduko (to win mp3) and sitting back with a gin and tonic

so later a bit of chococabernet for sure.

What a studmuffin! All that skiing and such! I used to ski a lot in my younger days. My former husband used to get free lift tickets to Heavenly and we were there almost every weekend. I have to admit that is probably the only thing I miss about cold weather and snow. Skiing is a blast!

Call me naive (but don't call me late for the chococabernet moment!) but what exactly is a soduko?

What type of gin are you mixing with that tonic?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2005 10:25 am
Oh, osso!

That dinner sounds heavenly! And you are so right, when a supposed dining pleasure doesn't sing, it's just another meal. I love finding that perfect place, as you seem to have, that literally resonates a symphony of taste coming to life in your mouth. It's almost like you don't want to swallow and lose that moment, even though you know there is another chorus perched on your fork....

A delightful greyhaired male could have been a grand dessert.... Smile
0 Replies