Is This The Death Of America?

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:20 pm
does anybody seriously believe that bin laden is still alive?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:26 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Nose dive, Steve? No no... By the time his presidency is
over, we will have to face the worst budged crisis in history, and we shouldn't forget that Bush has taken over with a substantial
surplus in funds.

His strong connection to God is driving everyone else straight
into hell.

Let's not forget that it was the do nothing presidency of Clinton that started this mess. Because Clinton wouldn't...or couldn't...do his job September 11 became a tragic day. Because of the inadequacy of Clinton the USA has poured tons of money into security measures and paid millions upon millions of dollars to families of victims of the tragedies of September 11, 2001...Let's all say a big thanks to Bill Clinton the biggest disaster ever.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:27 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
does anybody seriously believe that bin laden is still alive?

No.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:29 pm
And let's not forget that it was Clinton who sent us Katarina and started World War II and all the other atrocities as well. Man should be tarred and feathered. Sheesh. What was that bit of fluff about playing the blame game?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
Who knows what to believe at this point. I think civilization needs to rethink the nature of it's existence.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:30 pm
well why have I not read an obiturary, and why does he keep making movies, well videos anyway?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:34 pm
If Bush -- or anybody else, for that matter -- actually knew where bin Laden is, he would certainly have been produced just in time for the last election campaign. Dead or alive. We bombed the sh*t out of the caves at Tora Bora before putting any boots on the ground. I'm sure binL was among the casualties. If he were in Paki, Musharaff would have nabbed him just to stay on the US's good side. He's no religious fanatic. Movies? Videos? Nobody can tell when those were made or even if the person on camera is actually binLaden.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:42 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Americans would be AMAZED at what life is like in most of Europe. Taxes may be higher, but our needs are looked after without thought of financial ruin because of a stay in hospital.
The thought of medical expense doesn't even enter my head, because it doesn't exist here in the UK...... Zilch. Zippo.
You can have as many scans, xrays, consultants and tests as you require in hospital, and stay for months until you are able to leave, and it will not cost one penny.

Just a shame we couldn't do something about the weather, really......

Start caring about your fellow Americans, you U.S. Politicians.

MALNUTRITION 'TIME BOMB' WARNING FOR EURO ELDERLY

Of course, another way to look at it is that this, plus another heat wave, might take care of the pension funding problems facing the Euroweenies Smile

Lash, you slyly present this "timebomb" as if it is the fault of our hospitals that these elderly people are undernourished. This is simply old folk at home, usually with plenty of food in their larders, not eating the right TYPES of food, whilst simultaneously withering into old age.
I know, as I have spent most of today sorting out my 83 year old mother's refridgerator, chucking out the junk and going down to the shops to but healthy food.
I know she won't eat it, even though I will phone her every day and nag her. She is an ex nurse who should know better, but she is gradually becoming incapable of looking after herself, and the family are making the necessary arrangements for assisted accommodation.

This doesn't only happen in the UK, and full well you know it. A very good red herring on your part, but easily seen theough.

As for being called Euroweenies, is this an indication that you are slightly embarrassed about the present and future state of your country?

Did a European person actually point out that your government wasn't doing a good job? Did you therefore feel the desire to belittle the criticiser, like a good Republican should? Do you feel better now?

I am a Euroweenie if you like, Lash. But I live in a country with a free press, and FREE medical care. We Euroweenies have the courage to stand up and criticise our leaders when and where necessary. Our Euroweenie leaders are capable of handling such criticism.......if only you Ameriblinkereds had such democracy, eh?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:43 pm
Do you think its credible that a posse, sheriff Nutbush out front, with rest of world in hot pursuit cannot capture one man unless Bushcracker is leading them a merry dance? Of course Bush knows where the binman is. Its much more useful to have him on the loose, ready to strike at american children any time anyplace.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:48 pm
Oh the joy of not being able to edit, EVEN THOUGH MY POST HAD NOT BEEN ANSWERED.

Of course, it was just wonders, and not lash.....apologies to Lash.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:48 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Do you think its credible that a posse, sheriff Nutbush out front, with rest of world in hot pursuit cannot capture one man unless Bushcracker is leading them a merry dance? Of course Bush knows where the binman is. Its much more useful to have him on the loose, ready to strike at american children any time anyplace.

My point exactly, steve. I do not believe that a posse with Sheriff Notbush out front could possibly fail to capture the owlhoot known as Benny Laden. Ergo, the fugitive no longer exists. But it wouldn't do not to have a fugitive on the loose to justify the very existence of the posse. Now that Saddam is sitting in the cooler, we pretend to keep chasing a phantom.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:00 pm
thanks for that ma

thought it was only me who understood these things (well not really)

understanding whats going on has become almost impossible since 911.

but recently I think I'm getting there.

there is a nice symmetry to the worlds problems

long term climate change
immediate term terrorism
fueling both is oil.

I really really wish this was not happening, but I fear it is....Peak Oil.

We are not running out of oil, just about to fail to meet world demand. And there is nothing we can do about it, being geological not economic.

The united States imports nearly 60% of its daily oil requirements. China and India demand their own time in the hydrocarbon sun light. There are technical solutions, but adjustment will take time and be painful. Is it any wonder the US uses its military might to secure the region of the world that produces 70% of world oil? If only they had achieved it.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:13 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Do you agree the US is just about the only country that can print money without it causing catastrophic currency devaluation?

At this precise moment in time Steve, yes.

The earlier economic link I provided stated that most of the top economists reckon that the dollar will have to "readjust" (ie devalue) by amounts between 14% up to 25% in the near future though, in order avoid a meltdown.

As soon as wind of that gets out, all of the "wise" dollar investors will sell, changing to another more stable currency investment. This could see the dollar crash in a much more serious way than our pound on that dreadful "Black Monday"(1987?)

A foreign import car will then cost up to 25% more overnight, along with many, many more day to day items increasing by the same amount.
The USA would have to greatly increase interest rates, in order to encourage foreign investment back in, and consequently the US mortgage payments would go through the roof.

US companies would no longer be able to afford loans to enlarge their business, or just stay afloat, and a lot will go to the wall, driving up unemployment, which will drastically increase the benefits burden.

.....and that seems to be one of the less frightening scenarios, reading what the various economists are predicting.

Boiling it down to a more understandable level, it would be similar to an average family running up a credit card amount owing of $200, 000, and then taking out FURTHER loans to pay off that monthly credit card bill.
The old "robbing Peter to pay Paul" syndrome. The loan spirals, getting worse each month.

Before long, the dreaded letter from the bank manager arrives........
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 03:18 pm
but then the Americans are mostly armed with pistols and shotguns, so who cares about some nasty letter?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:21 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
but then the Americans are mostly armed with pistols and shotguns, so who cares about some nasty letter?

The Sheriff and Deputies who arrive with a warrant for eviction and seizure of property will have bigger and more pistols and bigger and more shotguns and they will have fully automatic weapons as well.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:59 pm
lord ellpus wrote :
"Boiling it down to a more understandable level, it would be similar to an average family running up a credit card amount owing of $200, 000, and then taking out FURTHER loans to pay off that monthly credit card bill.
The old "robbing Peter to pay Paul" syndrome. The loan spirals, getting worse each month".

but this is what many people are already doing; except it's called "re-financing" in north-america.
families max out their credit cards. when that has happenend they are "invited" by "financial" institutions to "consolidate" their debt. now they are paying to one financial institution what they formerly paid to several. usually the new loan will be secured by a second mortgage on their home - with a fairly high interest rate. now they can usually saart all over charging on their credit cards ...
on many consumer TV programs there have been warnings against that type of borrowing, but ... people like spending money they don't have.
the famous mr. greenspan (the american money czar) has been quite concerned about it, but ...(see above). hbg
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 06:59 pm
lord ellpus wrote :
"Boiling it down to a more understandable level, it would be similar to an average family running up a credit card amount owing of $200, 000, and then taking out FURTHER loans to pay off that monthly credit card bill.
The old "robbing Peter to pay Paul" syndrome. The loan spirals, getting worse each month".

but this is what many people are already doing; except it's called "re-financing" in north-america.
families max out their credit cards. when that has happenend they are "invited" by "financial" institutions to "consolidate" their debt. now they are paying to one financial institution what they formerly paid to several. usually the new loan will be secured by a second mortgage on their home - with a fairly high interest rate. now they can usually start all over charging on their credit cards ...
on many consumer TV programs there have been warnings against that type of borrowing, but ... people like spending money they don't have.
the famous mr. greenspan (the american money czar) has been quite concerned about it, but ...(see above). hbg
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 10:44 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Americans would be AMAZED at what life is like in most of Europe. Taxes may be higher, but our needs are looked after without thought of financial ruin because of a stay in hospital.
The thought of medical expense doesn't even enter my head, because it doesn't exist here in the UK...... Zilch. Zippo.
You can have as many scans, xrays, consultants and tests as you require in hospital, and stay for months until you are able to leave, and it will not cost one penny.

Just a shame we couldn't do something about the weather, really......

Start caring about your fellow Americans, you U.S. Politicians.

MALNUTRITION 'TIME BOMB' WARNING FOR EURO ELDERLY

Of course, another way to look at it is that this, plus another heat wave, might take care of the pension funding problems facing the Euroweenies Smile

Lash, you slyly present this "timebomb" as if it is the fault of our hospitals that these elderly people are undernourished. This is simply old folk at home, usually with plenty of food in their larders, not eating the right TYPES of food, whilst simultaneously withering into old age.
I know, as I have spent most of today sorting out my 83 year old mother's refridgerator, chucking out the junk and going down to the shops to but healthy food.
I know she won't eat it, even though I will phone her every day and nag her. She is an ex nurse who should know better, but she is gradually becoming incapable of looking after herself, and the family are making the necessary arrangements for assisted accommodation.

This doesn't only happen in the UK, and full well you know it. A very good red herring on your part, but easily seen theough.

As for being called Euroweenies, is this an indication that you are slightly embarrassed about the present and future state of your country?

Did a European person actually point out that your government wasn't doing a good job? Did you therefore feel the desire to belittle the criticiser, like a good Republican should? Do you feel better now?

I am a Euroweenie if you like, Lash. But I live in a country with a free press, and FREE medical care. We Euroweenies have the courage to stand up and criticise our leaders when and where necessary. Our Euroweenie leaders are capable of handling such criticism.......if only you Ameriblinkereds had such democracy, eh?

Climb down off that high-horse, please Smile If you want to criticize, then be prepared to be criticized.

I wouldn't get too worked up about your elderly dropping like flies from malnutrition if I were you. I really think it's just an excuse for your "leaders" to hold meetings at expensive resorts Smile (It's what they do best.)

As for your "free" health care...if you're taxed out the wazoo, then it's not really "free", is it??? LOL.

You just keep thinking we're on the verge of collapse. We'll see who hits rock bottom first Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 11:14 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

You cannot produce an iota of evidence to support this theory.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 11:42 pm
Sturgis wrote:
Let's not forget that it was the do nothing presidency of Clinton that started this mess. Because Clinton wouldn't...or couldn't...do his job September 11 became a tragic day.

Bush didn't do his job either, but you conveniently ignore that.

Sturgis wrote:
Because of the inadequacy of Clinton the USA has poured tons of money into security measures and paid millions upon millions of dollars to families of victims of the tragedies of September 11, 2001...

Which has what effect on the economy? Next to zero.

The Right keeps putting out this myth that 9/11 was the cause of some kind of economic upheaval. It wasn't.

Economically speaking, all that happened on 9/11 is that two towers full of stockbrokers and bond traders burned down. I am not minimizing the personal tragedy of the people who died, just trying to assess the economic impact. The stock market reopened a week later. The surrounding financial district has blocks and blocks of buildings full of stock and bond traders, and the slack was picked up quickly.

Anybody who doubts this can consider this fact. New York City, home of the World Trade Center, was naturally affected much more by 9/11 than anyplace else. After all, as the financial capital of the world, it is much more dependent on the financial district than anyplace else. Not to mention the ripple effect-most people in the financial field are well-to-do. They spend money on second homes and expensive cars, etc. New York City is going to feel that financial pain many times greater than the rest of the country,

But since New York City has less than 3% of the country's population, for the country to feel any real financial pain from 9/11, you would think New York would be financially devasted.

But New York City only had a rise in unemployment rate of 3% after 9/11. That's all. While that is substantial, the city itself was not even close to financially crippled. And if New York, which depends so much on the financial industry, wasn't cripped, how can anyone make the case that 9/11 hurt the entire country's economy? It didn't even hurt New York City's economy all that much.

Of course, when the unemployment went up through the roof in the early years of Bush's administration, the conservatives all blamed it on 9/11. But now we know that is not the truth. If the economy of the country went down due to 9/11, why wasn't New York City's economy hurt so much worse than it was?

The economic trouble in the early years of the Bush administration are not due to 9/11. In fact, 9/11 had negligible impact on the US economy. As to the extra spending on security-well, that sounds like a new industry to me. Why isn't the GDP higher and why don't we see more more people with jobs?
0 Replies