San Francisco, California

PDiddie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 10:57 am
There are some great links I posted in the pages back, jorge.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 11:05 am
I gotta admit, I haven't a plan
For a plane or a room, or even my man.
Mr.P's said he can't. Nope, no participation
On grounds of his schedule & occupation.
But I'd like to be there, come hell or high water
I may drive my car so's to see the sea otter(s).

-----------
No promises just yet. It's a long drive.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 11:23 am
Piffka wrote:
I gotta admit, I haven't a plan
For a plane or a room, or even my man.
Mr.P's said he can't. Nope, no participation
On grounds of his schedule & occupation.
But I'd like to be there, come hell or high water
I may drive my car so's to see the sea otter(s).

-----------
No promises just yet. It's a long drive.

Hi Pif!

Is anyone else coming from the Seattle area? Maybe you could drive with them...or even take Amtrak.

I hope the Easter weekend thing doesn't hurt attendance too much.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:09 pm
Hey! P&L is coming, I think, but she wanted to fly... I may fly, too. (I'm so up-in-the-air about this!) I wish I could get SeattleFriend to come along!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:34 pm
Me toooooo!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:35 pm
Doesn't Wy live there? Wy is iffy on making it, I think.
Hmm, does D'Art know about this?
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 02:12 am
W is iffy... ride with a driver? Wy is currently pretty broke and also has no license, but would share gas and stuff, to get there... probly stay in a hostel...
SF is pretty good with public transpo, as I recall. Also 15-yr-old daughter... born in SF, probly wants to come too...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 11:28 am
hmmmmmm - if i went to Seattle first ... hmmmm
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 06:32 pm
Omigod, an a2k road trip! LOL

How many miles is it, anyway? To Eugene one night, then Ossobuco's place... then down to S.F. in one big day. Hmmmmm I'd better check the train, too. (Can I really leave Mr.P on Easter weekend?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 07:42 pm
Hmm, maybe if you took the train, I could drive to Redding and catch it... (it doesn't go through Eureka). Course then you'd not see Eureka, unless we rented a car for a one way trip. I'd invite all to my house, but there aren't that many beds. But there are lots of motels.

I'm still thinking of flying - I'd better check on ticket prices. They rise and fall quite horribly. But I don't drive my Volvo big distances anymore, after a horrendo trip to LA a few years ago, a five time breakdown trip with at least three or was it four visits to mechanic - one Chevron, three Volvo dealer - involving giant sums of money and stress. So I have to consider the cost of car rental when I look at flight prices. Plus time consideration. Plus me' eyes, hard to predict where'll I'll be with that, re driving, as my left one should be all better and my right one worse by April (cataracts have to be a certain thickness before they do the operation, and the right one isn't bad enough right now.) It might be fine, as that eye's regular vision isn't as bad as the left's alway has been, and one keeps changing prescriptions to keep up with the eye change until the cataract gets thick enough (watch dollars fly out window).

Also, way back earlier in the thread, Ehbeth mentioned - or was it you, Piffka, possibly getting a mixed flight and room deal (at the Savoy?).

Complicating things, I am going to try fit in seeing some nona2k friends while I'm there (hoping I can get them to come to my hotel, maybe even meet some a2kers.)

Hmm, I think I'll go on a little hotel and ticket hunt. Will report back!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 08:07 pm
Wy, SF is pretty good on public transportation. Besides, parking is too darn expensive in the city if you can find it. Forget it during commute hours. That's the reason why the Mrs and I are staying over night when we go see the Lion King on February 12. We're staying at the Hotel Rex - they have parking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 08:19 pm
Yes, CI, I am still interested in the hotel Rex, though it is too pricey for me, I think, unless one could get some deal. It's the bookshelves in the lobby that attract me, though they may have disappeared in the renovation I noticed they announced one time I looked.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 08:21 pm
How concerned should I be about parking for a rental car for a week at the King George (anyone)?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:15 pm
PDid, Did you check the hotel site to see if they have parking? Public parking can be pretty expensive in San Francisco. Some hotels charge $20/day for parking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:21 pm
PDid, King George has valet parking. Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:39 pm
Boy, you checked that faster than I could think of it, c.i.

Thank you verrry much.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:51 pm
What does that mean, tips only? Fee and tip?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:52 pm
Usually tips.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:55 pm
BTW, I saw my sister-in-law today, and told her I'm still interested in sleeping over at their place from April 8 through 12. She says if I don't mind the dust, I'm welcome. Well, let me tell you about the time I was stationed in Morocco in the late fifties and dust storms...... Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 12:00 am
Did anyone email me? I was just wiping out my deletions on Outlook Express and as the list disappeared I saw the words Re: SF.... in bright pink, which is how my spam comes in, or anyone my address book doesn't recognize.

if so, would you try again? (It's a little unlikely, as I think anyone here would pm me.) Hmmm, a new kind of spam...
0 Replies