My kind of town, Chicago is...

wandeljw

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:26 pm
A newer and better video clip of the filming last August along the Chicago River for Transformers 3:

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:29 pm
@wandeljw,
I am still loving Chicago Code - what a great series!!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 03:38 pm
@wandeljw,
Amazing stuff there, wandel. Thx for sharing.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 06:31 pm
There was an interesting article today in the NY Times about how Chicago is adapting to the possibility of climate change via urban design. If you have any free views left on your NYT monthly visits thing, I highly recommend it.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 07:00 pm
Well, the Cubs just played the Red Sox in Boston for the first time in 99years, and I'm told won their first game in Boston since 1915, when they beat the Braves. Every one I talked to thought the Cubbies fans were a lot nicer, and had a whole lot less attitude, than Yankees fans. Nice havin' you around, guys.

Steve Goodman, the guy who wrote "City of New Orleans", on the Cubs--when he called this "The Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request", it wasn't just a title, it was autobiographical. He was suffering from a terminal illness.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 07:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
And his ashes were scattered at Wrigley Field, per his request.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 May, 2011 07:15 pm
I'll be sure to pay my respects if I ever get there.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 03:41 pm
The White Sox were playing an away game today and I probably would have missed it entirely. Luckily, I was having a colonoscopy and watched the Sox win on the television in the recovery room.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:35 pm
@wandeljw,
Luckily a colonoscopy? LOL, are you some kind of masochist?
wandeljw

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 05:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The colonoscopy was worth it! The Sox were playing at Wrigley Field and defeated the Chicago Cubs. (Today was probably more painful for sublime and joefromchicago. Smile )
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:25 pm
@wandeljw,
It's good to know if your "insides" are in good shape, but a colonoscopy isn't one of my favorite health exams. Mr. Green
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 10:53 am
It's about time for LUNCH TIME!!!!!

jw, joe and I are all open to a lunch sometime soon. Anyone else nearby and available is welcome to join us.

Next week is already kinda full for me but I'm open every day the following week except Wednesday.

How 'bout it? Anyone want to eat, greet, and be merry?

maporsche

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 03:20 pm
@JPB,
I'm in depending on day.
JPB

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 03:24 pm
@maporsche,
Cool!

We're all pretty flexible, map. joe has to confirm his court schedule. jw and I just show up. Very Happy We usually gather somewhere in the loop. What days can't you make it the week of the 11th?
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 03:33 pm
Forgive me for coming in to annoy you all, Maporsche, JPB and Wandeljw. I am trolling for players in the 2011-2012 version of the A2K NFL Pickum game and you are targets. The week starts Thursday, Sept 8th. Please join us.
wandeljw

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 07:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
Actually, I was thinking of joining your game, RJB. Though, I must say, losing to spendius is a huge embarassment for me.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 07:24 pm
@wandeljw,
We are intending to knock him off his bar stool this year big time. Please join in.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 08:49 pm
@JPB,
I have all day meetings at work on Mon/Tue that week and a volunteer event all day Friday. So outside of the weekends (which I'm available), I could make Wed or Thurs work.
JPB

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 05:25 am
@maporsche,
Let's try for Thursday then. Joe? Jw? Garg?
wandeljw

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 07:13 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Let's try for Thursday then. Joe? Jw? Garg?

Thursday sounds okay for me. I work within walking distance of most parts of the Loop.
0 Replies