My kind of town, Chicago is...

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2011 12:02 pm
@JPB,
My schedule is sorta' up in the air for that week. I'll have a better idea of my availability on Tuesday.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 01:41 pm
I should be available on Thursday the 15th, barring any unforeseen complications.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 01:48 pm
@joefromchicago,
no outstanding warrants then, joe?
joefromchicago

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 01:52 pm
@Rockhead,
If there was a warrant on me, it would have to be outstanding.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 02:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

I should be available on Thursday the 15th, barring any unforeseen complications.

The 15th would be okay for me also.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:09 am
Great!

Then lets start looking for a location. I have no idea where map is located during the day. Does South Water Kitchen work for everyone? We haven't been there in a while.

http://www.southwaterkitchen.com/
wandeljw

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:15 am
@JPB,
South Water Kitchen is my favorite and I can walk there in 10-15 minutes. I hope that it is convenient for map.
JPB

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:30 am
@wandeljw,
That's because they serve turkey sandwiches!

But, yeah, it's my favorite too and I can get a steak salad.
wandeljw

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 08:42 am
@JPB,
Their turkey sandwiches have been endorsed by many Chicago area civil servants. That is why we like to eat there. Smile
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:15 am
@JPB,
SWK sounds good to me. Haven't been there in a while.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:31 am
@wandeljw,
Hey, I like South Water Kitchen too!
wandeljw

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 09:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
Can you join us there again, either this time or some time in the near future? I will wear the A2K cap that you gave me.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 7 Sep, 2011 11:26 am
@wandeljw,
Now that the climate in Chicago has become tolerable, that's a good possibility, but I'm sort of tied up for this year. Will be leaving for Turkey on the 19th, maybe to Cuba in October, and to Poland and a cruise from Prague to Hamburg in November. January is a Caribbean wine cruise, April a Southern France wine cruise, and then open season for more travels. That's if my $$$ and health is maintained.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 07:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
This will be the first time that we've eaten there since you and izzie were here two summers ago. It may also be the first time that I've seen jw since then. hmmmm.... have to think about that one; maybe we got together one other time since. Regardless, we're long past due to catch up and I'm looking forward to it.

CI -- I met a friend at the Botanic Gardens yesterday for a walk and lunch. I was reminded of that fateful train ride the last time you were here. Very Happy Train rides notwithstanding, I wandered a new area of the BG that I hadn't visited before. It was a lovely walk around the perimeter of the park and the new prairie areas and ponds. You should definitely plan a longer excursion to the BG the next time you're here.

map? Are you ok with SWK at 11:45ish next Thursday?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2011 10:26 am
@JPB,
JPB, It certainly is a lovely park/BG, and I'm looking forward to another visit.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:07 pm
SWK rules.

I am, after all this time, still Smithers to my boss' Burns, Igor to her Dr. Frankenstein--"Yes, yes, master" (lots of bowing as I say this). Her "bitch," as it were.

So count me in to dip in and out. After 45 minutes away from the office my collar administers tiny but nevertheless uncomfortable electric shocks.
JPB

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:24 pm
@Gargamel,
YAY!

Do you want me to order something for you and then you can save some upfront time?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 10:31 am
@JPB,
Yep, works for me. Thanks JPB.
maporsche

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 10:32 am
@maporsche,
and I've never been there...so I'm excited.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 10:36 am
Great!!!

Mr B may be joining us as well. Dunno yet, but he wants to do the Burghoff Oktoberfest one day this week and we may combine the two on Thursday.

Lunch, walk it off at the AI or elsewhere, Oktoberfest, home. Sounds like a day in the city!