My kind of town, Chicago is...

JPB

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:25 pm
Osso, Sublime and I discovered a mutual interest in scotch and single-malt scotch in particular. Your name came up as a single-malt enthusiast. I was drinking Johnie Walker, not a single-malt, but toasted one to you in my thoughts. Maybe you can join us sometime.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:36 pm
Thank you, J_B...
I was about to apologize for my snide aside re the famed Kitchen Pete episode - it was sort of a wink to McTag - which lives on as planning gone awry, and wasn't any of my business, nor is this.

I'd like to meet you and sublime for sure. Sometimes your posts knock my socks off, J_B, I can only stand back and admire. And then there's Joe, one impressive writer, the compleat non-babbler.

Well, one of these days..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 11:44 pm
You're very kind, thank you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 08:40 am
Now the shade of Shoeless Joe can rest peacefully . . .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:17 am
Setanta wrote:
Now the shade of Shoeless Joe can rest peacefully . . .

Chicago held onehellofa party for the Sox yesterday, Set. It was a good feeling. It's also good to see you back.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 10:34 am
J-B and sublime,

sorry i did not make it. my wife promised i can go to the next gathering (she needed me at home yesterday because she just returned from a trip).

please inform me if there is to be another gathering.

-wandel
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 08:35 am
J-B and sublime,

Please post the photo of your mini-gathering. I have been looking for it.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 09:58 am
I couldn't access a2k at all Thursday. (It's slow now too but at least it works.) Syn and I went to the paranormal thing Friday. It was fascinating and I learned a lot. We had a full agenda yesterday, excellent weekend despite not doing the a2k thing. Sorry, folks.

Baseball? What's that?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:04 am
I don't have the picture, wandel. Sublime might have had second thoughts about posting it. I explained to him on Friday how uncomfortable I am with pictures. I've had three graduations and two weddings and never had any of the pictures developed. I only saw it in the dim light of the pub on Friday so I really don't know how it turned out. I'm a little leary of having it posted since we can no longer edit posts but I'll leave it up to Sublime's best judgement. I don't think I'm unattractive, just unphotogenic (hope that doesn't sound vain).

Better luck next time on getting a bigger group. Soz said she'll be in town in December. Let's try again then.

Soz, do you have specific dates yet? I'm busy Saturday the 3rd but otherwise open.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 09:53 am
J-B,

Posting sublime's photo on A2K would make a nice record of your valiant effort to put something together.

I myself am very lacking in social skills and I appreciate what you tried to do.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:40 am
Yesterday, after work, joefromchicago and I got together for the second Chicago gathering. The waitress took a photo of us (joe is the one wearing a tie):

http://www.gartenbaukino.at/images/inhalt/schule/wallace_gromit.jpg
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 06:50 pm
I have been running around like a madman the past few days. I will try to post the picture tomorrow night. (forgot the camera at work).
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 10:05 am
wandeljw wrote:
Yesterday, after work, joefromchicago and I got together for the second Chicago gathering. The waitress took a photo of us (joe is the one wearing a tie):

http://www.gartenbaukino.at/images/inhalt/schule/wallace_gromit.jpg

A remarkably flattering likeness.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 10:23 am
joefromchicago wrote:
A remarkably flattering likeness.

Thanks (but I already knew that). I am hoping we will soon see J-B and sublime's photo. Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2005 11:52 am
I always knew that joe was a good dresser. Nice pix, BTW. Wink
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:27 pm
Sorry for the wait, I would get much more accompished if they would add about ten hours to each day.

The first Chicago gathering:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwD3AmQVaw1UF5NKovOKw6CzCG*T*njbiJJ1ufB1XLdIfHlaYYvIr10rWtfPIEYhfDenxKSF8ofx8svDxZJuksqHz*3EY8xmyp5x87cooPJTVMcUZRvmeg/DSC01366.JPG
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:45 pm
Oh my gosh, that's J_B?!

She has to get some kind of A2K award for modesty. She's gorgeous! And doesn't look like she could possibly have a couple of teenagers -- wow. (Already knew you were cute, sublime...)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:45 pm
A terrific photo, appreciate it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:48 pm
(Don't mean to blather on about physical appearance, just surprised that J_B's self-descriptions and photo don't have much to do with each other. Didn't she say something about not being photogenic?)

Hope to meet both of you guys next May...
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:51 pm
I'll be here. Looking forward to the meet.

No problem Osso.
0 Replies