How do I dislodge this booger from the back of my throat?

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:43 pm
If the hot honey and lemon doesn't work, I'd just snort a ton of coke. It will either blow the booger out the back end of your nose or you'll be so freakin' high you won't care.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:47 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
If the hot honey and lemon doesn't work, I'd just snort a ton of coke. It will either blow the booger out the back end of your nose or you'll be so freakin' high you won't care.

Wouldn't the carbonation burn?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:50 pm
Yes.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:01 pm
Prolly not a bugger. There's a nasty bug going around that causes tonsilitis/swollen glands. Feels exactly like you describe, lasts for about a week. It'll be worst when you first wake up, get a little better throughout the day, and then feel worse again in the morning.

Gargle with warm salt water to help with the swelling.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:25 pm
Horseradish/wasabi?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:35 pm
Nettipot. I swear by it. It looks like a teapot (and a teapot may be used) and it's designed for washing out your nasal passages with salt water. Works wonders for allergic people, too. You just mix a small teaspoon of sea salt (or regular, but sea salt is better) with lukewarm water, tip head to the side, like 90 degree angle, and pour the water into the top nostril. then the other way around. the first second may be unpleasant the first time you do it, but once you get used to it, you'll be cured for life. i swear.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:33 pm
kickycan wrote:
sozobe wrote:
Hot lemon and honey.

Hot lemon and honey? What, like lemon juice mixed with honey? Why lemon? What does it do? I don't have any lemons and I don't have any honey...will honey mustard dressing do? Oooh, that might just work. I'll be back...

The lemon and heat soften the mucous. The honey soothes the throat, and makes the lemon more palatable. Honey is also a natural topical antiseptic.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:37 pm
stick your head in a microwave. Tape the latch so the magnatron will go on. Set it for about 60 seconds on medium and thisll take care of it all for you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:40 pm
does your ear hurt if you pour hot olive oil into it? HMMMMM.
We talkin some serious medicine now.
You needs to get laid baaaad.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 04:21 pm
Kicky, sometimes I read your posts and I think - "How come this guy can't get laid?' - then there are posts like this when I think "How does guy EVER get laid?"

I'm sure your problem will resolve itself naturally.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 04:31 pm
Tape your mouth up and get a friend to kick you in the goolies.

The sharp intake of breath should do it, but the booger may end up in a lung, resulting in a whole new thread.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 10:01 pm
The honey and lemon juice drink that Soz suggested does work, but that version's for kids. The adult version starts with a shot of whiskey, then adds honey and lemon juice.

Usually works. If it doesn't, try another dose.

Keep trying. Pretty soon, even if it doesn't work, you won't care.

Try it!
0 Replies

Animal lover girl

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 01:53 pm
@AngeliqueEast,
Good idea I'll try it when I have time!!! : )
0 Replies

Animal lover girl

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 01:54 pm
@AngeliqueEast,
That's a good idea but I'm gonna see if it works to put a hose up your nose!!! : )
0 Replies

xScopeLess

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 08:20 pm
@kickycan,
I have the answer, I am 16, and I get that all the time.

What I do is I go to a mirror, shine a light down my throat, and when I see a yellow spot poking out, I push the area around it (use only 1 finger), almost like a pimple, but instead of pushing the surface together, I go right next to the booger, then I push into the wall of my throat, then shift my finger into the booger while still pushed in. This method should squeeze that little bitch right out, and now you're throat-booger free for a week until that ******* thing starts to form again.
0 Replies

Old Mountain Woman

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2013 03:45 pm
@shewolfnm,
That is really supposed to work. Honestly. Just keep snorting with your head slightly down for about 30 seconds.
0 Replies

kittycat87654321

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 04:53 pm
@DrewDad,
what i did was eat a snickers bar because i had a booger stuck in my throat too. it felt so much better after eating the snickers bar it not painful and its supper tasty. if you are allergic to peanuts i don't know what to tell you... try the lemon and honey thing i guess.
0 Replies

kittycat87654321

Reply Fri 6 Sep, 2013 04:57 pm
@kickycan,
eat a snickers bar its tasty and gets rid of it... it worked for me at least... if your allergic to peanuts try the lemon and honey thing.
0 Replies

Empirecoffeegirl

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2015 01:17 pm
@kickycan,
Kicky Can,

I truly relate to your issue. I constantly have this problem, which is only amplified 10x worse when i'm sick. The hot water with honey and lemon is a great START, but never gets the job done for me. It loosens it up. Next, invest in a Neti Pot or orther nasal irrigation system and have at it. Even though the mucous sack is stuck at the back of the throat, the warm salt water solution really makes room for the little bugger (pun intended) to get through and make all the "blowing your nose until you are red in the face" worth it. The thing should dislodge with ease ans much relief!!
0 Replies

Toxic Don

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2015 08:14 pm
@kickycan,
What u r experiencing is not snot/boogers/mucus, but what I believe is little something called a tonsil stone. Google it, there are videos to help
0 Replies