How do I dislodge this booger from the back of my throat?

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:52 pm
Did you ever get a booger caught between your nasal passage and the back of your throat, and then whenever you swallow, you can feel the damn thing back there, but no matter what you do, you can't get rid of it?

Of course you have. So has anyone figured a way to get rid of one of these damned things? I can't believe that I'm forty frickin' years old, and I still haven't figured out an answer to this little annoying mystery of life.

Dammit!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 75,720 • Replies: 47
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:54 pm
Chug back some coke or pepsi so that it goes in your nose. Should dislodge just about anything. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:56 pm
Well Happy Birthday!

Sorry I missed it.

Go outside and curl up into a fetal position in the middle of a busy side , with a metal bucket on your head on which you have written in block letters, "I'M KICKY, KICK ME"

That should dislodge it.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:56 pm
Stick your finger down your throat. It's the alternate route when digging for nasal gold.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:58 pm
I once had a Spree (candy) lodged between my nose and my throat. I was eating one and someone made me laugh. Instead of going down, it went up. I couldn't blow it out. Couldn't swallow it. It hurt like hell! It finally melted small enough to slide down my throat.

I know that didn't help you kicky but I thought I would share that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 12:59 pm
All excellent answers. Unfortunately, they aren't working.

I've tried the Pepsi thing, which hurt like hell. I tried the sticking my finger down my throat thing, which only made me gag and almost vomit.

I'm off to try that bucket thing now. I'll let you know how it goes, Chai Tea.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:00 pm
snort like a pig
kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:00 pm
Thanks for that lovely story bella. You know, that did make me feel a little better. Maybe I just need to feel some empathy. Has anyone else a story to share? It might make us all feel a little better.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:01 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
snort like a pig

Tried it. Not working. And now my throat hurts. Maybe I'm not doing it right?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:02 pm
Hot lemon and honey.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:03 pm
Have you ever been getting over a really bad cold, and you're feeling pretty good, back at work and all, except you've got some leftover mucus up there that's making you snort and rattle?

You just can't get rid of it, and thinking about it makes you want to throw up.

Then, you're standing in the restroom blowing so hard you feel like your brains are going to come out first, and then you start to think about how the Egyptians pulled brains out the dead people heads with hooks?

Then, you're getting really dizzy from blowing so hard and you're face is all red and you realize you've been gone from your office for a really long time and people are probably wondering where you are and if they know you're in the bathroom they're wondering what you're doing in there.

Finally, you get somewhere with all your blowing, and it looks like DrewDad's spaghetti man dude?

i hate that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:06 pm
Yes, now that is a nice story, chai tea. Thanks. Don't you feel better now too? I love when we all share like this.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:06 pm
sozobe wrote:
Hot lemon and honey.

Hot lemon and honey? What, like lemon juice mixed with honey? Why lemon? What does it do? I don't have any lemons and I don't have any honey...will honey mustard dressing do? Oooh, that might just work. I'll be back...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:09 pm
No no no real HONEY and lemon juice.

I forget exactly what properties they both have but it's everything you need for boogers-at-the-back-of-your-throat-getting-outing. Honey's an expectorant. Lemon's something good. Hot liquid does good melting stuff.

You heat up a coffee cup of water, then put a slug of honey and a bit of lemon (I know, imprecise, just do it to taste), mix it all up, and chug. Works wonders.

I know because sozlet cannot stand the boogers-at-the-back-of-your-throat feeling and it makes her barfy, so I dash in at any sign of it as once she starts the barfing it's bad news for a while...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:15 pm
drink a hot beer
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:15 pm
Wow, that is truly amazing. The things mothers learn. My next question is: how the hell did you figure out that this works? Trial and error? Is there some secret book that tells of this stuff?

I'm going to try it. Of course that means I have to go out and get lemon and honey now. That honey mustard thing didn't work, but it sure tasted good.
sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:19 pm
This one I learned from my own mom, who is a nurse to boot.

Make it as hot as you can stand, it'll be great.

Steam is good too, but that's more general, not so much for getting a specific tenacious booger out.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:31 pm
Take your clothes off, put a water hose in your nose, and turn it on full. It will give your body the cleaning of your life. It will get rid of the booger, and more.
AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:34 pm
It's called a nose enema.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 01:35 pm
AngeliqueEast wrote:
Take your clothes off, put a water hose in your nose, and turn it on full. It will give your body the cleaning of your life. It will get rid of the booger, and more.

And if that doesn't work, try it again with hot lemon and honey!