AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:46 am
ossobuco wrote:
What is so off topic about caffeine or the saint thereof?

Maybe Walter had too much Caffeine today. *giggles*

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/wwright43/pumpcat.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:49 am
It's nothing wrong with that, osso.

It was though more to be tongue-in-cheek.

However, and seriously, coffee is naturally has coffeine, like beer, champaign, vine have alcohool in it.
You can get the latter as well without.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:51 am
Well, he tends to be corrective.

Though I still like him, I am corrected by him a large percentage of the time he addresses me. Sadly, he is right many of those times.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:56 am
I guess I don't alway get your tongues in cheeks. Languages and personalities = difficulty.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:53 am
The Lite side of Coffee Coffee jokes
Now fill-up your mug and enjoy!http://www.robinsfyi.com/images/food/coffeemoves.gif 

78 Ways to know if you drink too much coffee... 

You answer the door before people knock.

Juan Valdez named his donkey after you.

The only kitchen appliances you own are made by Mr. Coffee.

You ski uphill.

You get a tax cut for all the coffee you bought.

You get a speeding ticket even when you're parked.

You speed walk in your sleep.

You have a bumper sticker that says: "Coffee drinkers are good in the sack."

You haven't blinked since the last lunar eclipse.

You just completed another sweater and you don't know how to knit.

You grind your coffee beans in your mouth.

The nurse needs a scientific calculator to take your pulse.

You sleep with your eyes open.

When you open your dish cabinet, and there is only mugs.

You have to watch videos in fast-forward.

The only time you're standing still is during an earthquake.

You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.

You lick your coffeepot clean.

You spend every vacation visiting "Maxwell House."

You're the employee of the month at the local coffeehouse and you don't even work there.

You've worn out your third pair of tennis shoes this week.

Your eyes stay open when you sneeze.

Your coffee cake, must have coffee in it.

You chew on other people's fingernails.

Your T-shirt says, "Decaffeinated coffee is the devil's blend."

You're so jittery that people use your hands to blend their margaritas.

You can type sixty words per minute... with your feet.

The only gift you get for Valentines Day you get chocolate covered beans.

You can jump-start your car without cables.

All your kids are named "Joe".

Your only source of nutrition comes from "Sweet & Low."

You don't sweat, you percolate.

You buy 1/2 & 1/2 by the barrel.

You've worn out the handle on your favorite mug.

You go to AA meetings just for the free coffee.

You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.

You forget to unwrap candy bars before eating them.

Charles Manson thinks you need to calm down.

Every shirt or blouse you own has a coffee stain on it.

You've built a miniature city out of little plastic stirrers.

People get dizzy just watching you.

You've worn the finish off your coffee table.

The Taster's Choice couple wants to adopt you.

Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.

You're so wired, you pick up AM radio and people test their batteries in your ears.

Your life's goal is to amount to a hill of beans.

Instant coffee takes too long.

When someone says. "How are you?", you say, "Good to the last drop."

You want to be cremated just so you can spend the rest of eternity in a coffee can.

You want to come back as a coffee mug in your next life.

Your birthday is a national holiday in Brazil.

Your hand is permanently shaped to hold your mug.

You'd be willing to spend time in a Turkish prison.

You go to sleep just so you can wake up and smell the coffee.

You're offended when people use the word "brew" to mean beer.

You name your cats "Cream" and "Sugar."

You get drunk just so you can sober up.

You speak perfect Arabic without ever taking a lesson.

Your lips are permanently stuck in the sipping position.

You have a picture of your coffee mug on your coffee mug.

You can outlast the Energizer bunny.

You can jump to the moon.

You short out motion detectors.

You have a conniption over spilled milk.

You don't even wait for the water to boil anymore.

Your nervous twitch registers on the Richter scale.

You think being called a "drip" is a compliment.

You don't tan, you roast.

You don't get mad, you get steamed.

Your three favorite things in life are...coffee before, coffee during and coffee after.

Your lover uses soft lights, romantic music, and a glass of iced coffee to get you in the mood.

You can't even remember your second cup.

You help your dog chase its tail.

You soak your dentures in coffee overnight.

Your coffee mug is insured by Lloyds of London.

You introduce your spouse as your coffeemate.

You think CPR stands for "Coffee Provides Resuscitation."

Your first-aid kit contains two pints of coffee with an I.V. hookup.

Spouse #1: Honey, this coffee tastes like dirt. 

Spouse #2: That's not surprising, dear, it was just ground this morning. 

What do you call a cow who's just given birth? De-calf-inated! 

"I want you to drink a cup of hot water every morning," prescribed the doctor. "You gotta be kidding, doc," I've been doing that for years, but my wife calls it coffee". 

I met someone in the elevator who was drinking coffee and complaining about how coffee made him nervous. I said why don't you quit drinking coffee. He said, "because if I didn't have the shakes I wouldn't get any exercise at all." 

Why do the Lakers have to drink their coffee black? No KAREEM any more... Smile 

This guy walks into a coffee shop and asks the waitress: "How much is the coffee?" "Coffee is three dollars the waitress said". "How much is a refill?" the man asked. "Free"!!!!! said the waitress. "Then I'll take a refill"!!!!!. 

Two woman are fighting in the supermarket. One quickly get the Folgers coffee, and dumps down the other woman's shirt. The lady asks why did she did that? Her response was, "There's nothin' more better than waking up with Folgers in your cup." 

A lady came into the kitchen, sat down at the table, leaned forward, put her head in her hands and said to her husband "Honey, I feel terrible! My head hurts, my back's killing me and my left breast just burns and burns." He said "I'm gonna help you, Dear. I'll get you some aspirins for the headache, I'll rub your back with Myoflex for the backache, and if you'll sit up and get your breast out of the coffee, it'll stop burning!" 

Customer: Waiter, is this supposed to be coffee or tea? Waiter: What does it taste like? Customer: It tastes like gasoline! Waiter: Well, sir, that would be the coffee. The tea tastes like turpentine. 

What's fat and drinks a lot of coffee? ----------Java the Hut 

I have heard that if your wife/husband makes bad coffee, that is grounds for divorce. 

Spouse #1: Honey, this coffee tastes like dirt. 

Spouse #2: That's not surprising, dear, it was just ground this morning. 

While traveling through Antigo, Wis. our family stopped in a local restaurant for a brief respite while driving. My father ordered 2 cups of coffee for he and my mother. My mother after tasting the coffee looked at my father and they each grimaced at each other. Looking around, my father noticed a sign above the back corner which said, "Don't knock our coffee, you may be old and weak yourself sometime."  

People ask me if I wake up grumpy in the morning....... I reply----No, I just bring her some coffee !!! 

A man went to his psychiatrist and said, "Every time I drink my coffee, I get a stabbing pain in my right eye," the psychiatrist said, "well, have you tried taking the spoon out?"  

I'm sure all coffee beans are juvenile. They're always getting grounded! 

Why Coffee Is Better Than Men 

A cup of coffee looks good in the morning. You won't fall asleep after a cup of coffee. You can always warm coffee up. Coffee comes with endless refills. You won't get arrested for ordering coffee at 3 AM. Coffee is out of your system by tomorrow morning. You can make coffee as sweet as you want. Coffee smells and tastes good. You can turn the pot on, leave the room, and it'll be hot when you get back. They have coffee at police stations. You can always ditch a bad cup of coffee. No matter how ugly you are, you can always get a cup of coffee. A big cup or small cup? It doesn't matter. You can have an intelligent conversation with coffee. Coffee is ready in 15 minutes or less. Coffee doesn't take up half your bed. Coffee doesn't mind if you wake up at 3 AM and decide to have a cup. INSTANT COFFEE!http://www.robinsfyi.com/images/food/coffeemoves.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:22 am
Wonderful..
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 09:32 am
ossobuco wrote:
Well, he tends to be corrective.

Though I still like him, I am corrected by him a large percentage of the time he addresses me. Sadly, he is right many of those times.

Walter? Corrective?

I hadn't noticed.

Cool

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/1139/coffeemoves2xt.gif
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:13 am
"Call Me" Based on the performance by Blondie
"Coffee" Parody by Ashkicksass

I'll admit it. I have a problem. With freshly ground coffee beans. It started when I was just a little girl, and my mother used to add a tablespoon of brewed coffee to my milk. I thought I was in heaven...

Coffeehttp://www.ineedcoffee.com/inc/images/c-7.jpg

I need it in the morning baby
Just to start my day
I cannot live without it or else
I would fade away
My addictions' on the rise
It might lead to my surmise...

Coffee!
I mainline
Coffee Coffee always on my mind
Coffee!
It's so fine
Without it I'd fall on my behind
Coffee!

Sometimes I drink Folgers baby
Sometimes it's Yuban
Other times it's Maxwell House
Not picky 'bout the brand
Just pour a little in my cup
You will see my face light up

Coffee!
I mainline
Coffee Coffee makes me feel so fine.
Coffee!
It's divine
If I do not get it I will whine
Coffee!

Oooooh, I like my coffee strong and rich.
Oooooh, take it away and - I'm a b!tch
Oooooh, without it I might pass away
In the morn, in the eve, any time of the day
In the morn, in the eve, any time of the day, hey!

(In homage to Arwen - Juan Valdez' KICK ASS Guitar solo.)

Coffee!
All the time.
For some coffee I'd commit a crime.
Coffee
To the line.
Coffee Coffee wish it cost a dime.

Coffee!
I mainline
Coffee coffee makes me feel so fine
Coffee!
It's divine
If I do not get it I will whine
Coffee!http://www.ineedcoffee.com/inc/images/c-7.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:21 am
http://www.thetoque.com/020618/pics/coffeecrisp.jpg
Edward Eden believes that the Coffee Crisp is his right light snack.

You Don't Need To Candy Coat The Love Of A Good Chocolate Bar

TORONTO-- It has taken Edward Eden almost a lifetime, but he believes he has found his soul mate of chocolate bars--the Coffee Crisp. After years of candy-craving uncertainty and snack-related confusion, Edward thinks that he has found the right chocolate bar, the ideal candy confection that represents him the best.

"I can't believe it's taken me this long to find my match," said Edward, 39. "I spent the last ten years of my life as a Kit Kat man. I thought the bar was snappy, like me. It had four fingers of delicious chocolaty wafers--you didn't have to commit to the whole thing at once. It was a chocolate bar with class, yet carried a hint of smarm, and still showed off my frivolous side."

Edward is a man who has had a lot of free time to explore his desires.

"Oh I'd tried other candy bars," said Edward. "When I was a teenager, sure I experimented--but everyone did. Mars, Snickers, Goobers, it didn't matter. Back then it was just for the sugar kick. I was young, and I did foolish things. Eventually I settled down with the Kit Kat bar. But ultimately, the Kit Kat and I were mismatched. But even though it no longer felt right, I hung on to Kit Kat for several sordid years. It was unfair to me, and to my chocolate bar. I regret that now."

Edward reflected on his snacking past momentarily, but then continued:

"Of course, I feel disappointed that I lost the best years of my life with the wrong chocolate," said Edward, "but life is like that I guess. I just had to move on. There was no sense brooding over it."

Edward discovered the Coffee Crisp when he was out shopping for nasal decongestant.

"I saw the Coffee Crisp at the checkout counter--they were on sale, two for a dollar. I'd never tried one before. I thought it was one of those pretentious bars, kind of snobby and full of attitude. Well, I was wrong. The Coffee Crisp felt like the right fit from the first seconds I hand my fingers on it...before it began to melt that is."

Edward was sure about the match after only one or two bites.

"I felt a little guilty, like I was cheating or something," continued Edward. "Here I was enjoying another chocolate bar--and the Kit Kats were not even 10 feet away from me! But I couldn't help myself. It just felt so right, so true. It had something that Kit Kat was never able to give me--larger layers of wafers with more crunch...and a rich creamy taste."

"It was delicious too, which was a bonus," said Edward. "I didn't realize it at the time, but Coffee Crisp represents a certain maturity and class that I had never found before in any other chocolate bar. Maybe I wasn't mature enough before. Maybe I wasn't ready for the Coffee Crisp--until now."

Edward has since made a commitment to his candy bar choice--he just bought a case of them from Costco.

"I didn't even think twice about the purchase," said Edward. "I never would have done that with the Kit Kats, or even Three Musketeers. It wasn't right--until now." Edward took a big bite for emphasis.

"How do you like your coffee?" asked Edward rhetorically with another bite. "Crisp," he answered himself and smiled with pleasure.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:36 am
ossobuco wrote:
Or were you correcting Stillwater and his donuts?

Bastiches!!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 03:42 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
Or were you correcting Stillwater and his donuts?

Bastiches!!

http://img426.imageshack.us/img426/1139/coffeemoves2xt.gifHere Stillwater have a nice cup of coffee Very Happy Pay no mind to Walter. :wink:
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 04:35 am
Black! Damn good. Angie honey, you like.. married or seeing some-one?
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 04:54 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Yes, I live with someone. :wink: There you go black coffee.http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40139000/jpg/_40139689_coffee_cup203.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/Bella81/HW-TRICKORTREATDOLL.gif
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 05:09 am
http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0001-0407-2914-1122_SM.jpg

Coffee and Donuts
An allegorical tale by Jack William Bell

Once upon a time there was a middling sized little town. It wasn't all that big, but it had a lot of coffee drinkers. Enough in fact that the town supported several large and many smaller restaurants who thought people came in to eat their food, not realizing that most of the customers really just wanted the coffee. In actual fact the restaurant food was far too expensive and the coffee was bitter and foul tasting. But the restaurants were the only places you could get coffee in town. So the people came anyway.

This led to a situation where some people started selling coffee out of their houses and garages. Only most of them also thought they were selling food. One guy sold cinnamon rolls and coffee, another sold bagels and coffee and several others sold only the raw ingredients and the coffee making equipment so you could go home and make your own snacks and coffee. One of the groups selling the raw ingredients out of their garage came up with a recipe for pastries with fresh fruit that went great with coffee. Convinced that the pastry recipe was the ticket to success they managed to get funding and open up a little bakery that specialized in pastries with fresh fruit and coffee.

About the same time there was another guy, also working out of his home, who had been making coffee for several of the people who were selling cinnamon rolls and bagels and do-it-yourself ingredients. This guy was different from the others because coffee was the only thing he did. He was moderately successful at this, enough so, in fact, that he came to the attention of the very biggest of the big restaurants in town.

This big restaurant had noticed how the little guys selling one small thing with coffee (instead of the huge menus they were used to) were doing pretty well and had decided to make a go at it themselves. Their idea was to open a donut shop to compete directly with the bakery selling pastries with fresh fruit. Because they had noticed one of the selling points of their smaller competitors was the coffee made by the guy who only did coffee, they decided to have him make the coffee to go along with their donuts.

As fate would have it, easily available quality coffee was exactly what the town needed. Although the pastry and fresh fruit folk at the bakery did well, so did the donut shop and even the cinnamon roll and bagel vendors. Everyone did well because, with the greater availability of coffee the town began to grow. In fact it grew like crazy. Full of people who loved coffee. The only problem was that just about everyone selling the coffee were still under the mistaken impression that what people actually wanted was the food they provided.

Well, this situation went on for a while. And all the while the guy who only made coffee was quietly getting better and better at what he did and making more and more of the coffee consumed in town. In truth, he didn't make the best coffee. But he always made it good enough and he also made equipment so others could make coffee. That was partially because making coffee equipment was how he got into the business in the first place and partially because he knew that growing his business would depend upon people relying on him for all aspects of coffee.

At the same time there was another trend happening. People began going less and less to the restaurants. The bigger restaurants didn't notice at first, but the smaller restaurants began to lose so much business they were closing their doors all over the place. Also the little guys selling cinnamon rolls and bagels were folding up shop. Pretty soon, almost without anyone noticing it, the coffee business was down to the big restaurants, a few smaller restaurants, the pastry and fresh-fruit folk at the bakery and the guy who only sold coffee.

And, although they didn't want to admit it, the biggest restaurant in town found that their donut shop was making nearly as much money as the restaurant itself. In fact, because it was so easy to make donuts, they had attracted lots of competitors in the donut business, but they were still making money hand over fist. And all of the donut shops were, almost without exception, buying their coffee, and much of their coffee making equipment, from the one guy who only sold coffee.

Then something really interesting happened. The pastry and fresh fruit guys had a coffee breakthrough! They started selling pies and espresso drinks. The combination proved to be wildly popular. Suddenly artists and musicians were moving into the formerly staid little town, because they really liked the pies and espresso. It turned out to be the favorite of teachers as well, and thus many of their students became convinced that espresso was the way to go. Soon all the magazines and newspapers were singing the praises of pies and espresso. And this led to another big population growth in town.

This did not escape the attention of the guy who only sold coffee. He began to look into the possibilities of making espresso and espresso equipment himself. At first he tried to partner with the big restaurant he had been working with, but they disagreed as to how espresso should be made so he went his own way. At first the espresso he made was pretty awful. But he kept at it. Pretty soon his espresso was drinkable. And it went with donuts, while the bakery folks' espresso only went with pie. But they weren't worried because they were convinced that what people really wanted was the pie. They thought the espresso enhanced the pie and not the other way around.

In fact they were getting a little arrogant about it. They would throw parties in their bakery for themselves and their best customers where everyone would sing the praises of pie and bash anyone pedestrian enough to eat donuts. They felt they had a right to do this because they had nearly half the coffee business in town. They didn't notice that even people who preferred pies would eat donuts because they were cheaper. Nor did they care that donuts are the preferred pastry in businesses. But the coffee making guy was on top of it.

The guy who only did coffee began to partner closely with the people who made donut equipment. And between them they began to take over the coffee market from the inside. Neither of them sold coffee and donuts together, instead they prospered by each focusing on what they did best and letting the donut shops handle the customer sales. And the guy who only did coffee made deals with the donut shops which made it difficult for them to sell any other kind of coffee than his. They went along both because he was pretty much the only game in town if they wanted to sell espresso with their donuts and because they were doing darn well with the status quo anyway. As time went by the guy who only did coffee started to control more than eighty percent of the coffee business in town.

Now this hurt a few people. The restaurants continued to go out of business, with a few exceptions, and the folks at the bakery took a big hit on their pie business. Unfortunately their bad attitude brought them little sympathy; after all, no one enjoys being called a philistine because he likes donuts. Still, more than a few coffee drinkers began to think the guy who did only coffee was evil in some way. Even some of the ones who drank his coffee. Why they felt this way might have been envy and might have been because the coffee guy made such hard-nosed deals. Your guess is as good as mine is, but we can be certain the coffee guy never thought of himself in that way.

Still, the coffee business is always changing. It wasn't long before a new factor arose. You see many of the mid-sized restaurants had always provided phones at the tables so that the people who drank coffee could talk to each other. As time went by the donut shops and the bakery added phones as well. Then some bright students came up with a way to add cable television to the phones. Now people could talk to each other and watch television while they drank their espresso. They loved it. And new companies arose with the express purpose of supplying telephones and televisions. Others came along to string the phone lines and cables. It was a whole new kind of business and it was very successful, even though it depended on coffee just as much as the food sales had.

In fact one of the surviving smaller restaurants came up with a new flavor of coffee that they said would improve watching television and talking on telephones. They made wild claims about that coffee. They claimed it was a kind of 'meta-coffee' that could be used in the place of every kind of coffee that ever existed. They claimed their special blend was essential to the telephone and television business. If you listened close it almost seemed like they were also claiming it would unstop sinks, clean floors and remove warts! And enough people fell for this marketing spiel that this flavor of coffee became the favorite in several circles of coffee drinkers.

Well, the guy who only made coffee was still on top of things. If people wanted televisions and telephones he would do televisions and telephones. He would help to string the cables and phone lines. If they wanted the special blend from the small restaurant he would make a deal with that restaurant to get the secret recipe and provide it himself. After all, he knew that he had gotten where he was in the coffee business by finding out what worked and then providing it through hard-nosed deals with his partners, not by telling people they had no class if they didn't like his coffee.

Unfortunately for the guy who only did coffee his success began to lead to many troubles. You see, for a long time the biggest maker of televisions had thought of themselves as perhaps really being a new type of coffee company. They figured they could take out the coffee guy because televisions would replace coffee eventually, but it really made them mad when the coffee guy turned the tables on them by building televisions right into his coffee making equipment and then selling that equipment at the same price. So they complained loudly to the government.

So did the restaurant with the special blend of coffee. They didn't like the way the coffee guy changed their recipe slightly so that it worked best with his coffee equipment. And, of course, the bakery had been complaining for a long time as well, they had even tried to sue the coffee guy at one point by claiming his espresso looked and tasted too much like their espresso. Lots of smaller companies chimed in who thought the coffee guy had gotten too big for his britches or who had suffered from one of his hard-nosed business deals.

And eventually the government did pay attention. Even though they didn't really understand the coffee business, they began to suspect the guy who only sold coffee had a monopoly. So they took the coffee guy to court and held hearings and beat him over the head a little in public. I can't tell you how it turned out because those hearings are still going on. What I can tell you is that the one thing everybody who drank coffee or had anything to do with selling coffee feared most was government regulation of coffee. But it is beginning to look like this may be the final reaction of the government. It might be that everyone will lose…

But that isn't the real moral of this story. The real moral is simple; what has mattered to the people drinking coffee all along is not what food came with it or even the telephones and televisions. No, what matters is the coffee itself. People want a consistent cup of coffee with a good flavor, whether it comes out of a percolator, a drip unit or an espresso machine. Whether they drink it while watching television or while doing their taxes. And the real secret of success for the guy who made only coffee is that he understood that. Oh, there was some luck too. And the hard-nosed business deals didn't hurt. But knowing that coffee is what is important was the key.

In fact the coffee guy even made it his corporate motto. You can see it today if you like, just go out to the place where he makes his coffee and coffee equipment and go to building 16. Near the entrance to that building is a fountain, and in front of that fountain the motto is set right into the concrete in big brass letters. It reads "A pastry in every office and every home and people drinking our coffee with it."
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 02:23 am
AngeliqueEast wrote:
Mr Stillwater wrote:

Yes, I live with someone. :wink: There you go black coffee.http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40139000/jpg/_40139689_coffee_cup203.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/Bella81/HW-TRICKORTREATDOLL.gif

Leave him, my caffinated temptress!!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 03:57 am
http://www.caffenero.com/images/imgMainPhoto3.jpg
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:25 am
Enjoying the coffee saga, Ang....keep it coming Razz
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:30 am
Thanks flushd *smiles*
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 06:46 am
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/poetic_heart22/kittyhalloween.jpg

It's that time of the year again! Yes, cool days, and nights. How about making a special cake or bread of what else, PUMPKIN.http://images.allrecipes.com/global/features/2636.jpgA nice piece of cake or bread with your favorite coffee by the fire, or just watching tv.

Here are some recipes:

Pumpkin Pie Squares
1 18-ounce package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 egg
1 16-ounce can pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons Spice Barn Pumpkin Pie Spice
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon Spice Barn Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1/4 cup butter

Reserve 1 cup cake mix.  Combine remaining mix, melted butter and 1 egg in bowl; mix well.  Press over bottom of 13x9 pan.  Combine pumpkin, 2 eggs, brown sugar, pie spice and milk; pour into pan.  Mix reserved cake mix, cinnamon, nuts, and butter in small bowl.  Sprinkle over pumpkin layer.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool.  Serve with whipped cream. 

Pumpkin-Raisin Muffins
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2/3 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Spice Barn Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar for topping

Whisk together pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg until smooth.  Stir in raisins and nuts.  Stir in dry ingredients until combined well.  Divide batter into 9 greased muffin cups; sprinkle with sugar; bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.

Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
24 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Spice Barn Vanilla Extract
3 eggs
1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon Spice Barn Pumpkin Pie Spice
whipped cream

Combine first 3 ingredients and press into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9" springform pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.  Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.  Add eggs, pumpkin, and spice; beat until just combined.  Pour into crust.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1hour.  Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Run a knife around the edge to loosen and cool 1 hour longer.  Refrigerate until completely cool.  Remove sides of pan and serve.  Garnish with whipped cream.

Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
3 packages (8 ounces) of cream cheese
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 cups canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup plus extra if you wish
1 1/2 ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
Whipped topping
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 300 degrees, Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine. Press firmly on bottom of 9 inch springform pan or 13x9 inch baking pan. In large bowl, beat cheese until light. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and spices. Mix well. Pour into pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or edge springs back when touched; the middle will still be slightly soft. Cool. Chill 2-4 hours. Serve each piece with by sprinkling with pecans, top with whipped cream and drizzle with extra maple syrup.

Pumpkin Coffeecake
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsps. baking powder
1 cup sour cream
1-3/4 cup pumpkin (16 oz)
1 slight beaten egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Streusel:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup crushed nuts

Cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla in bowl, add eggs and beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add ingredients to butter mixture, alternating with sour cream. Combine pumpkin, egg, 1/3 cup sugar, and pie spice. Keep separate.

Prepare Streusel by mixing ingredients together with fork or hands until crumbly. Set aside.

Spoon half batter mixture into 9 x 13 pan, sprinkle half of the streusel over the batter. Spread the pumpkin mixture over the streusel. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top. Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

Baked Pumpkin Casserole
Ingredients:
1 can ( 1 pound 13 ounces) pumpkin, 3 cups
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
dash pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup, chopped pecans
Glaze:
1/2 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup maple syrup

1/2 cup pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 1 quart casserole. Combine pumpkin, sugar, butter, nutmeg, salt, pepper, eggs and chopped pecans in large bowl, Mix well, and turn into casserole. Make Glaze: mix brown sugar and syrup in small saucepan. Heat while stirring, until sugar is dissolved; then bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Arrange pecan halves around the edge of casserole. Cover pumpkin and pecans with glaze; bake 40 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings.

Pumpkin Pudding
Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
4 eggs, separated
1 pound can of pumpkin
6 ice cubes
3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

In medium pan combine sugar, water and gelatin. Let stand 1 minute. Beat in egg yolks using a wire whisk. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is thick and foamy, about 3 minutes. Pour into 5 cup blender container. Add remaining ingredients. Process at high speed until ice is melted, about 2 minutes. Pour into serving dishes. Chill until set, about 1-2 hours. Serves 8. If desired top with crushed pecans and whipped cream.

Pumpkin Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened

In a medium bowl, mix the pumpkin and pie spice until well blended. Stir in ice cream. Freeze until ready to serve. Garnish with gingersnaps. 4-6 servings.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 08:02 am
http://www.javaqueen.us/images/pumpkin_spice.jpg

Pumpkin Latte

Ingredients
1 oz. Monin Pumpkin Spice  Flavored Syrup
1 shot Java Queen's Espresso
6 ounces steamed half and half

Recipe
Combine Monin Pumpkin Spice, espresso, and steamed half & half. Top with whipped cream and dust with pumpkin pie spice.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Latte

1 Shot Java Queen's Espresso
1/2 oz. Monin Dark Chocolate Flavored Syrup
1/2 oz. Peanut Butter
6 oz. Steamed Milk

Combine espresso, peanut butter and syrup in cup.
Fill with steamed milk.
Top with chocolate whipped cream.
Garnish with chopped peanuts.

http://www.javaqueen.us/images/javadreams2.jpg
0 Replies