panzade

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 11:39 am
My morning routine:

Café cubano's quieter cousin, café con leche should be called leche con café for it really is milk with coffee. A steaming cup of this sweet, comforting potion served with toasted bread or cuban crackers is a typical Cuban breakfast.

Heat milk in a pot. Café con leche is usually made with whole milk, or a mixture of whole and evaporated milk, but any milk will do - dare I say, even soy (Sorry Abuelita!).

Pour the hot milk in a mug, filling it almost to the top. Throw in a tacita of café cubano and stir. Sit back, pop in the Buena Vista Social Club CD and feel the warm Gulf breeze!
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:28 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I like coffee.

I like coffee hot.
I like coffee warm.
I like coffee cool.
I like coffee iced.
I like frozen coffee.

I like coffee black.
I like coffee with skim milk.
I like coffee with 2% milk.
I like coffee with whole milk.
I like coffee with half and half.

I like coffee with sugar.
I like coffee with honey.
I like coffee with artificial sweetener.
I like coffee with whipped cream on top.
I like coffee with a shot of hazelnut syrup.
I like coffee with cinnamon swirled in the grounds.

I like coffee pre-ground.
I like coffee ground at the store.
I like coffee freshly ground at home.

I like coffee lightly roasted.
I like coffee medium roasted.
I like coffee dark roasted.
I like coffee roasted black for espresso.

I like coffee from South America.
I like coffee from Africa.
I like coffee from Jamaica.
I like coffee from Hawaii.
I like coffee that is blended.
I like flavored coffee.

I like coffee made by an automatic drip machine.
I like coffee made by an espresso machine
I like coffee made using a French press.
I like coffee made using a Vietnamese press.
I like coffee made by a cold-filtration process, stored in the fridge, and microwaved later.

I like espresso.
I like lattes.
I like cappuccino.
I like Americano.
I like cafe au lait.

I like coffee left over from the day before, heated up or over ice, but in this case it must be heavily sweetened, and preferably with milk.

I also like combinations of the above.

Ohhh, Tico! You are a man after my own wanting, coffee loving heart!
Between you and Stilly, I just swoon! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:48 pm
I agree with Tico and Stilly too.

My favorite coffee ever was the iced coffee at the middle caffe in Vasari's loggia facing Piazza Grande in Arezzo -
a good martini glass, ice cold espresso on the bottom, a layer of crema foam imbedded with ice chips on top of that, and resting on the crema foam, a thin coating of turbinado sugar.

My second favorite was a macchiato, but I can't remember where I was at the time. All very dependent on the richness and freshness of the coffee and skill of the barista or me making the coffee and probably the quality of the macchina. Although ... I do like espresso made with the ordinary stovetop thing the name of which I forget right this minute.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 12:56 pm
Wow... Tico, you're the first person I've heard of who also likes coffee with honey. Me, too. Me, too.

I am known for my very strong coffee habits. I brew ten cups of fresh-ground coffee every morning and send most of it off with Mr.P., leaving about three cups for myself which I keep hot in a pre-warmed thermos. Mr.P likes his coffee with half and half -- which I don't understand. (Gag!) My friends all know I cannot stand large cups for coffee as I only like it when it is very hot, and so they have given me a large collection of small cups -- some only hold a couple of ounces. I usually drink my coffee black, though sometimes I'll add honey if I'm feeling a little off. I'll add a few grains of fructose if the coffee beans don't seem so good.

When I'm out and about I order short hot mochas with no whipped cream in the winter and tall iced lattes (no sugar) in the summer.

I will drink reheated coffee when I'm desperate, but I have to put cocoa in it and even with the chocolate I'm not happy.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 03:59 pm
I adore coffee. Usually I will have it black and strong.
I like it every-which-way on different occasions.
I don't like instant coffee though. That is for desperate times!

Most winters; myself and a friend of mine will take a winter-camping-trip. Of course, we bring coffee and tea.
One time we ran out. I was having a good time, but the one thing I kept dreaming about was getting to a cafe and having a proper cup of coffee! Forget about the soft bed or my boyfriend: I wanted coffee!

:wink:
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 04:20 pm
while i'm not a big coffee drinker (one to two cups a day), i prefer it to be tchibo-coffee with plenty of sugar and cream/evaporated milk. hbg

http://markstea.homestead.com/files/KluntjeKaffeeRyeBread_Tchibo.jpg
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:57 pm
Thanks guys. I like one day old coffee too *giggles* Oh my.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:47 am
Lady J - the A2K coffee slut! Who would have thought???!!?? :wink:
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:59 am
panzade wrote:
My morning routine:

Café cubano's quieter cousin, café con leche should be called leche con café for it really is milk with coffee. A steaming cup of this sweet, comforting potion served with toasted bread or cuban crackers is a typical Cuban breakfast.

Heat milk in a pot. Café con leche is usually made with whole milk, or a mixture of whole and evaporated milk, but any milk will do - dare I say, even soy (Sorry Abuelita!).

Pour the hot milk in a mug, filling it almost to the top. Throw in a tacita of café cubano and stir. Sit back, pop in the Buena Vista Social Club CD and feel the warm Gulf breeze!

Add some cheese to that, and I will meet you for breakfast :wink:

My father used to go out every morning, and get fresh warm baked italian bread. Fresh warm baked bread with melting butter inside, and a cup of coffee was a daily morning ritual. I also would drop a little butter in my coffee, and watch it melt. Mmmm good Razz
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 02:26 am
All about Caffeine:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/caffeine/caffeine.shtml
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 02:37 am
my good friend has a gourmet coffee shop, he buys the best coffee from all over the world. I like his Indian coffee based (not that I'm ridiculously biased towards India to begin with) - but I like it's smooth, non-acidic, yet rich flavor. I'll drink coffee anytime, in copious amounts. Love love love coffee.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 02:45 am
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 04:37 am
Did he also invent donuts??
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 04:43 am
LOL Who knows.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 10:56 pm
Decaffeinated Coffee

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2200.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:26 am
Thanks for the link, AE, but this thread is about COFFEE!
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:31 am
Yes Walter, and everything pertaining to Coffee. Very Happy

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/hitoyota/spider.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:42 am
What is so off topic about caffeine or the saint thereof? Angelique, whose thread this is, should presumably be able to move coffee to St. caffeine. Was this some error we don't know about?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:44 am
http://www.baltcoffee.com/catalog/images/47900-91110.jpg

... and additionally you can get coffee substitute made from barley malt

http://registration.nestlevillage.at/up-images/10_caro_4prod.gif
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 12:46 am
Or were you correcting Stillwater and his donuts?
0 Replies