How Do We Win in Iraq?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:13 pm
Sorry, just didn't think it was very funny.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:15 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Sorry, just didn't think it was very funny.

Cycloptichorn

I wasn't really going for funny.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:17 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I'm not insulting you, Cyclops ... I'm messing with you. There's a difference.

This is the heart and sould of Tico's contribution to any thread. When his pathetic arguments fail, as inevitably they will, he attempts to sidetrack the discussion, and if possible, to raise the blood pressure of those participating. I've never yet seen him contribute anything of substance to a political discussion. He doesn't come here for that--he just comes here to bait people.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:21 pm
Let's see, you aren't being insulting, you aren't trying to be funny, what exactly are you trying to do?

I think I'll go back to saying piss off; sorry retracted!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:21 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
I'm not insulting you, Cyclops ... I'm messing with you. There's a difference.

This is the heart and sould of Tico's contribution to any thread. When his pathetic arguments fail, as inevitably they will, he attempts to sidetrack the discussion, and if possible, to raise the blood pressure of those participating. I've never yet seen him contribute anything of substance to a political discussion. He doesn't come here for that--he just comes here to bait people.

What is the purpose of your little visit to this thread, Setanta? Are you here to bait me?

Of course you are.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 02:23 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Let's see, you aren't being insulting, you aren't trying to be funny, what exactly are you trying to do?

I think I'll go back to saying piss off; sorry retracted!

Cycloptichorn

Not trying to be funny as in "ha ha." Not trying to be insulting, as in "I really think you are looney tunes."

Just messing with you is all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:07 pm
I came here because i saw that Cyclo had posted, and i read Cyclo's posts with interest. If i had only seen your moniker as the last poster, i wouldn't have looked in.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:12 pm
I care ... really, I do. But the purpose of your post was the baiting I was referring to.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:25 pm
Cyc wrote
Quote:
that a handful of terrorists could defeat the triple-redundant, super-secure system of Air Defense of the most powerful nation on the planet and fly planes into 3 buildings, with no warning or fore knowledge thereof;

Are you in a dream state? What super secure system are you referring to. At that time anyone one could break into the cockpit and highjack an aircraft. Who was going to stop them. I am not sure they still can't.
Bush used 9/11 to further his war plans. But any involvement by him or his administration in the happening is a pipe dream.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 03:42 pm
It isn't a question of security in the cockpit, but of air traffic control security, NORAD, etc.

I don't buy the fact that we were running simulations that day, about planes being rammed into buildings, was a coincidence. I don't buy the fact that we would allow a plane to fly over washington, crash into the Pentagon (coulda been the WH!) and do nothing about it.

It seems much more likely to me that those who thought this might happen, and who had everything to gain from it happening, would let it happen.

And, I do mean everything to gain. In what way was America really hurt by 9/11? The answer is, in no way, really; so why would you believe that a man who is willing to start unneccessary wars and sacrifice GIs and Iraqi lives wouldn't do the same thing here in America, given the opportunity?

I understand that many don't want to even consider this possibility; that's fine, and we don't have to sit here and debate it. My purpose isn't to change anyone's mind on the issue, which is why you don't see me starting threads on the subject. But please don't accept the quasi-rational explanations which have been thrown out there for 9/11.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:14 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
I care ... really, I do. But the purpose of your post was the baiting I was referring to.

Bullshitto . . . i came here to read Cyclo's posts, taking note of your nastiness was just an added little pleasure . . . you need to get over yourself, you're nothing to me . . .
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:24 pm
Hey Tico - why don't you spout some legalese? That way, at least you can still appear to be impressed by you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:32 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

Bullshitto . . . i came here to read Cyclo's posts, taking note of your nastiness was just an added little pleasure . . . you need to get over yourself, you're nothing to me . . .

Let me put it in larger letters for you because you're obviously having difficulty seeing what I've typed.

What I said was, "the purpose of your post was the baiting I was referring to."

You complaining about what you perceive as my nastiness is nothing short of comical. You are usually in the running for nastiest post of the day. You are also generally known for your lack of tact, class, and civility. Your complaints about my civility are ignored for lack of standing.
0 Replies

freedom4free

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:41 pm
Ticomaya,

Click Here How To Win Any Argument: Without Raising Your Voice, Losing Your Cool, Or Coming To Blows

:wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 04:52 pm
Highlarious F4F--good one . . .
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:12 pm

No need .... I've done none of that.

Here's one for you, Set. Click here for How to Win Friends & Influence People. I'm not sure, but maybe they have it in large type.

:wink:
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:15 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It isn't a question of security in the cockpit, but of air traffic control security, NORAD, etc.

I don't buy the fact that we were running simulations that day, about planes being rammed into buildings, was a coincidence. I don't buy the fact that we would allow a plane to fly over washington, crash into the Pentagon (coulda been the WH!) and do nothing about it.

It seems much more likely to me that those who thought this might happen, and who had everything to gain from it happening, would let it happen.

And, I do mean everything to gain. In what way was America really hurt by 9/11? The answer is, in no way, really; so why would you believe that a man who is willing to start unneccessary wars and sacrifice GIs and Iraqi lives wouldn't do the same thing here in America, given the opportunity?

I understand that many don't want to even consider this possibility; that's fine, and we don't have to sit here and debate it. My purpose isn't to change anyone's mind on the issue, which is why you don't see me starting threads on the subject. But please don't accept the quasi-rational explanations which have been thrown out there for 9/11.

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn,
For what it's worth I agree with what you're saying here. That most Americans are in denial is going to be their downfall. It's completely rational --and there are many articles saying that 9/11 was preplanned. How else to suck the Americans into a war?

What should concern anyone of military age is that a draft will be next. And believe me, Canada will not be ready with open arms this time. They got over 70,000 soldiers from Vietnam last time.

Why is it so out of the realm of possibility that 9/11 was planned? No one was in the White House (that mattered); they had spirited Cheney out, Bushie was reading MY PET GOAT, his fav book, out of harms way. The bin Laden family was flown out via private chartered jets. It all fits, it's very transparent for those that have eyes. Bush has no conscience for any lives lost. I think, as others do, that he's a psychopath/sociopath. His reactions to disasters are strange and unemotional. But I'm preaching to the choir, here, Cyclo. Appreciate your posts and intelligence. You too, Setanta.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 02:19 am
Why didn't you say so? Professor Steve E. Jones says that 9/11 was not caused by planes piloted by Saudi AlQueda.

Of course, How could anyone doubt expertise of Professor Steve E. Jones.

He is a professor, after all.

Reliance on such garbage is a reflection of the sheer desperation of the left wing.

I hope none of you missed the claim that there were almost no Jews killed on 9/11 because the Israelis, who, of course, were in concert with the neo-cons--the right wing conspiracy--warned other Jews not to go to the WTC that day.

Why would the Jews do such a thing? Its obvious, isn't it?

To get backing to help them rule the Middle East.

What foolishness!!!!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 08:28 am
Mortkat
What makes you think that the left wing [generaly] buys the horse poop this wacko is selling.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 10:10 am
Usually it's seems to be just the extreme fringe of the left wing. Most lefties give this drivel the consideration it deserves, IMO.
0 Replies