To the GIRLS, how to get rid of Cramps

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 06:15 pm
Hey Dag!
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Thu 22 Sep, 2005 06:38 pm
You might try a Yoga excercise class, or get a book. There are two positions called the Triangle that are especially to stretch muscles just where they need to be stretched to relieve that discomfort. Incredible, but then Yoga positions keep the organs in us where they belong.

Being constipated going into a cycle is terrible. Make sure you're not or you're sure to have cramps, and the nasty headache. Take an enema.
Hope something helps you, Crazy, that's miserable.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:14 am
hey thanks guys... I feel better today... no more cramps!! YIPPEE
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:58 am
My recommendation is to divorce him. Worked for me. I apologize for being a smart ass, I will get back later with an honest remark.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:59 am
Why is everyone so pissed at gramps?

What the hell did he do?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:00 am
littlek wrote:
Crazie - ahve you considered birth control pills? I was put on them in high school because of the severity of my cycles. I'd be sent home one day every month to lie, felt-position, on the couch, rocking. I'd get migraines too. Sometimes I threw up. They worked then. Now, almost 20 years later, I have just gone back on them for symptoms of pre-menopause: hot flashes and irregular periods. I was very pleasantly surprised to remember, through experience, the effect they have on cramps. Aaaahhh....

I can't take birth control, doctors took me off of it due to a chemical imbalance in my brain and the effects it has on me
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:01 am
glitterbag wrote:
My recommendation is to divorce him. Worked for me. I apologize for being a smart ass, I will get back later with an honest remark.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could divorce my little friend
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:02 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Why is everyone so pissed at gramps?

What the hell did he do?

He is visiting for the week and he is making a mess of everything in my life, that is why Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:05 am
Chemical imbalance in yuor brain!!
I was on a pill for about 4 years, its only when i ca off them i realised it was them that was making me feel severely depressed.Is that a chemical imbalance in the brain?
They were perfect other than the depression, I got a headache but nothing else, no cramps.
Ive tried others since, the one Im on at the moment doesnt effect my mood but I get major hot sweats when Im on.

I was gona suggest walking to relieve cramps but thats not always easy to do if the job doesnt allow.
How did the heat pads work, have you tried them yet?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:17 am
material girl wrote:
Chemical imbalance in yuor brain!!
I was on a pill for about 4 years, its only when i ca off them i realised it was them that was making me feel severely depressed.Is that a chemical imbalance in the brain?
They were perfect other than the depression, I got a headache but nothing else, no cramps.
Ive tried others since, the one Im on at the moment doesnt effect my mood but I get major hot sweats when Im on.

I was gona suggest walking to relieve cramps but thats not always easy to do if the job doesnt allow.
How did the heat pads work, have you tried them yet?

Yes that is what happened to me... It mad me so depressed and that is what the doctors blamed it on.... When I went on it I guess I turned into a different person... I was rude and mean and depressed and I stopped caring,stopped going to school, stopped living... so I can't take it....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:29 am
Oh my God me too.
I didnt give a flying fig about anything or anyone.Admittedly I can be rude now but thats coz Im genuinely narked off.
The main heartbreaking thing for me was that I didnt smile or laugh.After I stopped taking them I laughed for the first time at somehing like a comedy programme and I actually 'felt the laugh', as tho I was happy on the insides.Even now when I laugh I think 'yippee'!!Thats a good feeling.
Was the tablet called Cileste?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:31 am
material girl wrote:
Oh my God me too.
I didnt give a flying fig about anything or anyone.Admittedly I can be rude now but thats coz Im genuinely narked off.
The main heartbreaking thing for me was that I didnt smile or laugh.After I stopped taking them I laughed for the first time at somehing like a comedy programme and I actually 'felt the laugh', as tho I was happy on the insides.Even now when I laugh I think 'yippee'!!Thats a good feeling.
Was the tablet called Cileste?

I was actually on the patch
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:09 am
Darn.
Im thinking of sourcing all the women who have been effected by that blasted pill, its evil.
Id make sure its destroyed forever.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 10:06 am
I can't take The Pill either, despite having tried many different kinds. I almost thought The Pill only worked because it made you so danged crabby you'd never want to have sex with anyone!

For cramps, which admittedly can be terrible at times, a hot water bottle or heating pad can help a lot. It also helps me to lay down, put a pillow under my butt, and put my feet even higher than the pillow.

Another thing that (mysteriously) helps is to keep my feet warm at all times. I wear wool socks for this.

Herbally, there is a specific for menstrual cramps, called Cramp Bark or Squaw Bush. Latin name is Viburnum opulus. The part used is the Dried Stem Bark. I haven't tried it myself, but it was supposed to be used extensively by American Indian women for cramps and even early-pregnancy vomiting.

Another herb is called Squaw Vine, Mitchella repens.

Other herbs used for cramps (worth a try if you have them around, because they aren't harmful) are Ginger, Cayenne, and Scullcap.

Glad to hear you're feeling better! The only good thing about cramps is they usually don't last more than a day or 2!
0 Replies