Cats rescued from New Orleans coming here!

Reyn

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 06:27 pm
What a nice gesture this is! Nice to see that the kitties haven't been forgotten.

Saw on the news last night about a big dog rescue coming here, too.

Calling all cat lovers!
Sep, 16 2005 - 12:00 AM

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - The Lower Mainland's Action for Animals in Distress Society says it needs temporary homes for 50 furry refugees from New Orleans.

Society spokesperson Kristen Schumacher says one phonecall from a hurricane victim in New Orleans pleading for a place to put her cats until she could get her life together put the group into action.

Schumacher says animal welfare groups in the U-S help set up the move, "There's just such a huge number of cats, and we just though that, you know, if anything like this happened in Vancouver, we would hope the rest of the world would help us with our animals. So we just wanted to do something to help them."

The cats are due to arrive in Vancouver in the next week.

Anyone who can foster a feline can check out the Society's website at actionforanimalsdotnet.

Source[/color]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,331 • Replies: 5
No top replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 07:08 pm
Awww! Very Happy

Please, please, Vancouver be good to these poor critters who've been through so much! They'll never forget your kindness in their hour of need, you know! (Cats never forget anything!)Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 07:46 pm
My wife and one of my daughters volunteer at a "no-kill" local shelter. They really enjoy it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 07:49 pm
You're amongst excellent company in your household, Reyn! Good for them! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 09:47 pm
Good news, thanks for sharing it Reyn.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 10:39 pm
Get it the goddamn hell OUT of our Harbour!! It's bringing down property prices...
http://www.zoo.nsw.gov.au/images/home/wild_asia_home.jpg
..and EATING ferries!!
0 Replies