Survivor 11 - Guatemala - The Maya Empire

husker

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 02:58 pm
Survivor 11 - Guatemala begins September 15th.

Waitng to find out who I have in the Survivor pool.

Survivor and Big Brother week - - it's like christmas !!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,412 • Replies: 122
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:20 pm
Quote:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:24 pm
Returning players?

Huh.

Maybe Stephanie, or something?

(Off to figure out who Gary Hogeboom is...)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:26 pm
Oh, the quarterback!

Interesting.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:45 pm
Quote:
115 degree heat and lots of humidity

for some reason this excites me - LOL
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:55 pm
If Rob and Amber are the returning players, they will be voted out at the first opportunity. No sane player is going to allow those two to steal the spotlight and grab the money--AGAIN.

Who were America's favorite players from the past seasons? Ruben, probably . . . and Colby . . . . who else?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:56 pm
Stephanie!

And maybe Dolphin boy... what was his name?
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:57 pm
Ian?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 03:58 pm
That's the one!

They'd make sense. Audience favorites who wuz robbed.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:00 pm
Has anyone every watch the timing on these as to when they were actually produced and then shown?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 04:02 pm
When I was tracking down Hogeboom, found this:

Quote:
Family won't say if Hogeboom is on 'Survivor' (Grand Rapids Press 9.27.05)
"He's on a mission trip in Central America," was the most Hogeboom's son, Jake, would say. "He left in late June ... and he's expected back the first week of August."

So that would seem to indicate that was the period in which it was filmed (June --> August of this year).
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:49 pm
Just a few more hours - I think I'll try and record the season on DVD - well see how hard that turns out to be.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:48 pm
Someone please tell Probst when old men dye their hair (badly) it doesn't make them look any younger, in fact it makes them look even older. I do like his fancy new torch snuffer-outer though.

It looks like I won't be liking Brandon this whole season. If he's an ass around the tribe like he is during the interviews he shouldn't be around very long.

I don't mind the Steph and Bobby Jon twist as I don't seem them being around very long.

I've got a feeling the fat guy has anger management/impulse control issues. The way he overreacted and took personal Peachy's question at TC makes me think we will see some future dramatics from him.

All in all it looks good, I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 07:53 pm
I thought Probst looked like a member of Hair Club for Men.

Too early for me to remember anyone's name, so I'll hold off on making predictions.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:27 pm
37 minutes and counting
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:39 pm
I wonder if they asked Ian and he turned them down? Seems to make more sense than Bobby Jon.

But Steph is obvious.

I have mixed feelings about her on this one. I think she's gutsy and has a ton of heart etc., but part of the reason they were such losers last season was because none of 'em were that smart. Steph is kind of a jock, with both the positive and negative connotations.

It was fun to see her finally win immunity tho. (I guess she did one other time, the fire challenge against Bobby Jon.)

Meanwhile, man, it was painful to watch those poor crampy retchy guys. I like the nurse (Margaret?)

No predictions as of yet.

Oh, what did Jim's wife say at the end? They didn't caption that part. That he's fine now, or something? (Sure hope it wasn't that he's died...!)
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 08:46 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh, what did Jim's wife say at the end? They didn't caption that part. That he's fine now, or something? (Sure hope it wasn't that he's died...!)

I can't recall exactly, but something along the lines of she's proud of him and looking forward to having him back home. Could be something new Survivor is introducing, the cast off family member snippet.

It was nice to see them all getting along, working together and being nice, you know, before all the back stabbing and ugliness starts. This is how I would like to remember them, although knowing how the past seasons have gone I don't expect I'll be able to.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:05 pm
Thanks, RfromP!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:18 pm
Mrs Husker just tells me that I'm Blake in the pool.

ouch that sucks - as I watch him puke from getting a thorn in his arm.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 09:25 pm
sozobe wrote:
Thanks, RfromP!

YW, my pleasure.
0 Replies