The A2K Three Continent Gathering Plans

Piffka

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 09:50 am
book marking...

I will try to be there, even if I have to drive through the night...
(Oh Almighty, please don't make me drive through the night.)

Here's some information that may help with planning:
April 1st, 2004 is a Thursday. The full moon is on Apr 5, the new moon is Apr 19. Easter will be celebrated on April 11th.

These are some of the events scheduled for April 2003 in SF -- I assume similar events will occur in 2004:

1 -- St. Stupid's Parade
North Beach Embarcadero to Washington Square
Celebrating April Fool's Day, the St. Stupid's Day Parade is held April 1 at noon, starting at the Embarcadero Plaza. The festivities end at Washington Square in North Beach. Sponsored by The First Church of the Last Laugh, this light-hearted event is sure to make you laugh. See www.saintstupid.com for more information.

20 -- How Weird (Howard) Street Faire 2003
SOMA Howard Street (between 11th and 12th Street)
Includes music stages featuring live acts and world-class DJ's spinning funky sounds for dancing in the streets. There will be a dazzling display of performance artists, including butoh, belly dance, circus arts, wandering musicians, and elaborately costumed stilt walkers. Call 415-371-8706 or visit www.howweird.org.

12th -- 20th, parade on 20th
Cherry Blossom Festival
Japantown Post, Webster Streets, Japantown Mall; parade at civic center
This 2 weekend event heralds the blooming of the cherry trees. Martial arts demonstrations and Japanese music and dance will be presented in the Japantown Mall Plaza. There will also be tea ceremonies and art demonstrations. Highlighting the festival will be the Cherry Blossom Parade at the Civic Center and ending at Fillmore Street. Call 415-563-2313 or visit www.nccbf.org for more information.

27 -- Glen Park Festival
Glen Park Diamond Street and Wilder Street
Enjoy beautiful music, great libations, many talented artists, and the fun spirit of this community, our neighborhood, Glen Park. Call 415-587-0625 or visit www.glenparkfestival.com for more information.

Easter Sunday
Union Street Easter Parade and Festival
Pacific Heights, Cow Hollow, Marina Union Street (between Gough and Fillmore)
Lots of fun children's activities, outside dining, children's arts & crafts, The Easter Bunny and other costumed characters, a petting zoo, live music and flowers everywhere. Call 415-441-7055 or visit the Union Street Association at 1686 Union Street (zip code:94123) for more information.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 10:45 am
Piffka, Thanks for that info. If you had to choose, which event do you think would most likely attract the most A2Kers to our Gathering? c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 12:44 pm
Hi CI, Well, can't say for anyone else but both the Cherry Blossoms and St. Stupid sound interesting to me. The Cherry Blossom Festival would have more events. Has anyone ever been to either of these?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 03:42 pm
If Easter is April 11, then Passover has to be somewhere near then.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 04:51 pm

Passover (start)* Tue & Wed, Apr 6-7, 2004
Passover (end)* Mon & Tue, Apr 12-13, 2004

[note: Holidays begin the evening before the day noted. Holidays marked with an asterisk are observed for one day only by Reform Jews.]
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:00 pm
APRIL 2004
April 2004
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

Okay, here's a calendar of April 2004. Picture, they say in Confucian, is worth a 1,000 words. The question I have is how long should we make this A2K Three Continent Gathering? 3-days, 4-days, or more? c.i.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:18 pm
How about April 1,2,and 3, 4? I really want to see the St. Stupid parade and it is followed by a weekend soonish. We can have some main gathering on the 3rd, Saturday, and organize other outings around it.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:25 pm
that work really well for me. my mothers birthday is on the 9th, gives me more of a reason to be there Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 Apr, 2003 05:37 pm
We've got two yea's for April 1 thru 4, but some people may wish a one day outing to Napa/Sonoma for some wine tasting which may be included in the April 1 thru 4 or some other date(s) surrounding these four days. We can even visit the Jelly Belly Candy Factory on our way to Napa/Sonoma for those interested. c.i.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 09:31 pm
I refuse to let this forum die a natural death. Wink c.i.
Come on, people, get off your duffs and help with this "A2K Three Continent Gathering." Repetition is necessary to keep this in people's heads. Waiting till the last minute is not a good option. We need people to start volunteering for some such to get involved. We have to make this the Best Dang Gathering of all time. c.i.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 12:16 am
i'm in for april 2004
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 01:30 pm
It's not likely to be a happening thing for me. After Sweden (and possibly London) later this year, I'll be grounded for a while Sad

There's always the Lotto man, though (although I believe you do have to buy a ticket - and I don't usually Confused )
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 01:38 pm
i'm in for san fran for sure...along with all the other places i'm going without the required funds to do so,,,

i'll share my lotto prize with you margo ok?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 04:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Picture, they say in Confucian, is worth a 1,000 words.

Picture is a kiloword as they say in geek.
(Word is a millipicture).

Kids are out of school between Good Friday and Easter around these parts. Of course this is a real long shot... but hey.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 04:13 pm
Hmmm - i guess that is shoulder for us, margo?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 06:31 pm
testing, 1, 2, 3, testing........ lWink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 06:59 pm
Okay, how many probables and for sures do we have so far? I'll keep track of the number, but I want some volunteers to help with planning some events. I'll volunteer to drive a group to Jelly Belly Candy Factory and Napa/Sonoma Wine Country for the day if people show interest. c.i.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 04:51 pm
I'm in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 06:59 pm
Thank you, Piffka, you're number one on my list. Wink I guess, I'm number two - for sure. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 09:54 pm
pueo wrote:
i'm in for april 2004

still in.....
0 Replies