Give Bush This He's Nervy

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 12:14 pm
Here's one for the record.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cronyism
cro·ny·ism Audio pronunciation of "cronyism" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krn-zm)
n.

Favoritism shown to old friends without regard for their qualifications, as in political appointments to office.

Can we agree that this is practiced in the Bush administration? Does it matter if others have? I thought moral relativism was supposed to be a liberal principle.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 12:16 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Here's one for the record.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cronyism
cro·ny·ism Audio pronunciation of "cronyism" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (krn-zm)
n.

Favoritism shown to old friends without regard for their qualifications, as in political appointments to office.

Can we agree that this is practiced in the Bush administration? Does it matter if others have? I thought moral relativism was supposed to be a liberal principle.

Once again, appointing a few supporters to office doesn't disqualify a president from condemning bribery. How is that moral relativism? Can you people come up with a post that requires more than .0001 second to quash?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 01:49 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

First of all, I have no knowledge that Bush is guilty of this, but simply assume that most politicians are. If one has practiced cronyism to an average degree, it does not make it improper for that person to criticize serious crimes such as bribe taking.

This is moral relativism. You seem to say that, though cronyism is wrong, it's only a little bit wrong because Bush is a politician and it's normal for politicians to engage in cronyism.

The rest of your "quash" is irrelevant.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:01 pm
Brandon can't keep away, can't stop arguing. Let him rave on.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:05 pm
I looked real quick and at first glance thought your thread was Bush is nerdy. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:06 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I looked real quick and at first glance thought your thread was Bush is nerdy. Laughing

well, that too. A cheerleader for God's sake?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:10 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

First of all, I have no knowledge that Bush is guilty of this, but simply assume that most politicians are. If one has practiced cronyism to an average degree, it does not make it improper for that person to criticize serious crimes such as bribe taking.

This is moral relativism. You seem to say that, though cronyism is wrong, it's only a little bit wrong because Bush is a politician and it's normal for politicians to engage in cronyism.

The rest of your "quash" is irrelevant.

Jaywalking doesn't disqualify one from condemning armed robbery. Very minor foibles that virtually everyone has, that are not illegal and couldn't even be called corruption, don't disqualify one from condemning serious crimes. You can't win this argument, because your position is laughably wrong.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:14 pm
I'm not talking about comparing cronyism to corruption. Cronyism is cronyism and most people feel that it's wrong. You are saying that it's only a little bit wrong because of who the person practicing it is. That's moreal relativism. Period.

You can't win this argument because you don't actually know who you are arguing with or what you arguing, much less what anyone's position is.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:16 pm
Re: Give Bush This He's Nervy
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Calls for a corruption free U.N. on the heels of the cronyism he shows by appointing a failed horse show guy to run FEMA. sit down and shut up junior would ya do us that favor?

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/050914/1/3uylw.html

Even if Bush is guilty of the typical amount of cronyism, it does not, as you suggest, mean that he lacks the moral standing to criticize the significant corruption at the UN. The thesis with which you have started this thread is simply nonsense.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:18 pm
So given brandon's smug logic, I am perfectly within my rights to say bush is nervy for indulging in cronyism because both indulging in cronyism and being nervy are minor foibles from brandon's lips to God's ear.

Therefore I'm in the clear. Thank God, because the thought of Brandon's disapproval really puckers my ass right up .
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:28 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
So given brandon's smug logic, I am perfectly within my rights to say bush is nervy for indulging in cronyism because both indulging in cronyism and being nervy are minor foibles from brandon's lips to God's ear.

Therefore I'm in the clear. Thank God, because the thought of Brandon's disapproval really puckers my ass right up .

You might be in the clear to say that he's nervy, but not to imply that any cronyism he might be guilty of means he lacks moral standing to criticise corruption at the UN.

This is like arguing with little children.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
except we're not arguing with you, we're laughing at you.
0 Replies