Who wears contact lenses?

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:16 am
What kind do you have? Daily, weekly, monthly, one year or more regular ones?

If you have the disposable ones, how do they compare to the conventional one year ones? Are they more flimsy and slide on the eye more or do they stick good on the eye like the one year ones? The reason why I ask is because the one year ones look the most sturdiest and stick to the eye real good.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 832 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 01:08 pm
I love, love, love my contacts. Mine are monthlies. No cleaning, no rubbing, just remove every night, rinse and they're ready for the next day. Toooo easy! Not like the old days when I first began wearing contacts. I started with the hard plastic onces, eventually graduated to some soft ones that you actually had to sterilize in some little plug in boiling thing overnight and now it is just easy street in comparison.

Mine stay in very well and I have never had an issue with them popping out or slipping around. Smile
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 01:47 pm
ugh mine are terrible. monthlies as well from bausch and lomb (sp???). however mine are also torics which are supposedly more difficult to wear. want to try the new JNJ ones that they came out with for astigmatism.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:46 pm
dragon49 wrote:
ugh mine are terrible. monthlies as well from bausch and lomb (sp???). however mine are also torics which are supposedly more difficult to wear. want to try the new JNJ ones that they came out with for astigmatism.

How is it terrible? What's happening? And ever try the one year ones? YOu never liked those or you never tried them before?
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:47 pm
Lady J wrote:
I love, love, love my contacts. Mine are monthlies. No cleaning, no rubbing, just remove every night, rinse and they're ready for the next day. Toooo easy! Not like the old days when I first began wearing contacts. I started with the hard plastic onces, eventually graduated to some soft ones that you actually had to sterilize in some little plug in boiling thing overnight and now it is just easy street in comparison.

Mine stay in very well and I have never had an issue with them popping out or slipping around. Smile

How much for monthlies?
And can they last over a month?
And do they stuck to the eye as good as the yearly ones?
Are they more flimsy than the yearly ones?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:47 pm
I wear Acuvue with Hydroclear. I love em. Monthlies.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:50 pm
chris56789 wrote:
dragon49 wrote:

How is it terrible? What's happening? And ever try the one year ones? YOu never liked those or you never tried them before?

my eyes hurt. i can feel the contacts in them and they sting sometimes. i sometimes blink and they get blurry. never tried anything but the disposable monthlys. sorry. i always have to put drops in my eyes and that lasts for about 30 minutes before i feel like i have to put more in. however, if you don't have astigmatism, i wouldn't worry too much about my comments. i have been told there is a huge difference between regular and toric lenses (toric for astigmatism).
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 02:56 pm
dragon49 wrote:
chris56789 wrote:
dragon49 wrote:

my eyes hurt. i can feel the contacts in them and they sting sometimes. i sometimes blink and they get blurry. never tried anything but the disposable monthlys. sorry. i always have to put drops in my eyes and that lasts for about 30 minutes before i feel like i have to put more in. however, if you don't have astigmatism, i wouldn't worry too much about my comments. i have been told there is a huge difference between regular and toric lenses (toric for astigmatism).

OUcH !! Anyways, maybe go with a different brand? Or go with the yearly ones? I dont know, but it seems the yearly ones are more sturdy and holds in the eye better so it won't irritate it like the more flimsy disposable ones? I don't know, it seems that way anyways.
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 04:11 pm
I wear gas-permeable rigid lenses. Until I started wearing contacts my eyesight got continually worse. The rigid lenses retain the shape of the eye and prevent change.

I am extremely near-sighted and would never give up my contacts. My vision is dramatically better with them compared to glasses.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 04:23 pm
Bodhisattvawannabe wrote:
I wear gas-permeable rigid lenses. Until I started wearing contacts my eyesight got continually worse. The rigid lenses retain the shape of the eye and prevent change.

I am extremely near-sighted and would never give up my contacts. My vision is dramatically better with them compared to glasses.

Is that the yearly, monthly or daily? And what brand?
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:58 pm
They last for several years and they're Boston Lenses.
0 Replies

Foxy1983

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2005 07:56 am
I have monthly lenses, but mainly wear glasses ~ very nice Red or Dead frames ~ great accessory I find!
0 Replies