Francisco DAnconia

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:59 am
All right, it's pretty obvious that it's been too long since I've visited the politics forum - I love this thread.

Count me in. When do we write our Manifesto?

Taxes should be lowered as much as possible. One percent flat sounds good to me. This will allow the government to pay for such things as priting money, which will be necessary in order for commerce - not a big fan of the barter system.

Stuff like electricity, clean water, mail service, and military protection can be provided by private companies.

In terms of welfare, social security, and healthcare, come on. If the government's not taxing you to put that money away for you, and you're too stupid to put the money away for it yourself, you obviously don't deserve it.
(um, when we write the Manifesto, we probably shouldn't phrase it like that...)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 08:30 pm
REVOLUTION!
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:22 pm
Agreed! TO ARMS, MY BRETHREN!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 12:19 pm
Lash wrote:
REVOLUTION!

KICK OUT THE JAMS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS !!
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 06:38 am
I'm libertarian; my dream country: no social programs, no welfare, as few civil-rights restrictive laws as possible, and just enough government and laws to prevent everyone from killing everyone.

Gay? Get married, what do I care. Pregnant? Get an abortion, what do I care. Consentual crimes would all be gotten rid of, so anything you do that affects you and only you would be fine. Want to go snort some coke? Be my guest - but the minute you endanger or harm someone else by while under the influence of harmful substances like that, punishments are more severe.

I'm all about allowing YOU to do whatever YOU want, without fear of Big Brother to step in and say "No! Bad citizen!" Practice whatever religion you want, say whatever you please, carry as many weapons as you desire.

Free market economy; business gets free reign. Unions are legal. No tariffs - they wind up being counterproductive for economy. Social Darwinism applies in terms of business - strong survive, weak perish, and the economy goes through the roof.

Government does focus strongly on education. High standards. Govt. expenditures split 50-50 or so between Law & Order and Education. Flat 2% income tax rate.* All high-level government positions have zero income (Senator, Congressman, President, Cabinet positions). Low-level jobs (postman, secretaries, clerks) do get moderate income. Government is kept as small as possible, which lowers need for taxes.

Foreign policy includes trade with as many countries as possible and militaristically neutral.

As long as you're not stealing, kidnapping, raping, killing, or destroying private property, go about your business.

**Ideally, income tax rate would be zero, but this is impossible, since there needs to be a minimal amount of government and budget, and it has to come from somewhere. Therefore, a one or two percent fixed income tax rate seems reasonable.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 09:02 am
I am going to do everything possible to get Gov. Doyle of WI replaced in 2006. In the past couple of months alone he has vetoed a bill requiring voter id cards for Wisconsin, a bill requiring proof of citizenship in order to get a drivers license and passed a bill that gives illegal immigrants in state tuition rates at state universities.

I think starting at home is a good place to begin. We may not be able to get the bums in Washington out right away but we have a good chance at getting the bums out at a local level. It's a start.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 09:04 am
Ive decided to run for dog catcher in Wake County NC. Vote absentee, vote often. Thanks for your support.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:34 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Ive decided to run for dog catcher in Wake County NC. Vote absentee, vote often. Thanks for your support.

Rarely has a candidate been more qualified for or better suited to the post to which he aspires.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2005 08:39 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Rarely has a candidate been more qualified for or better suited to the post to which he aspires.

Yes, it does seem the republican party has adopted the Peter Principle of qualifications.
0 Replies