Virgin at 40

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2024 12:38 pm
Hi. I am 40 years old and I am still virgin. Never had a girlfriend. Actually, I've never kissed a woman. I am not ugly but socially awkward. But I don't want just sex. I want to find my life partner and a woman who doesn't judge me, but without any romantic and sexual experience it is really challenging to find a partner and I am really worried because I am not precisely a spring chicken and I don't want to get too old before finding love.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 153 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2024 03:13 pm
Why not wait another decade? Obviously, you have an aversion to taking any sort of chances. This is an issue about which you might want to consider getting counseling .

Also, This is a repeat of a prior post with a new nickname. What didn’t you like about what was offered in the previous advice?
Mame

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2024 04:15 pm
@DaniKla1984,
You sound like you may be asexual and you are not alone. I have several friends (all over 65) who are single on purpose. I think you should advertise for a partner - join a dating site and state right up front that you're asexual and looking for a longterm companion. You will pique the interest of anyone who feels the same and who knows?
DaniKla1984

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2024 10:34 am
@Mame,
I am not asexual. I have strong sexual desires. I don't want a sexless relationship. I want to have intimacy. I am trying on dating apps but I don't want to have intimacy with many women till find the right one. I am preserving myself until marriage.
0 Replies

DaniKla1984

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2024 10:39 am
@Ragman,
I fear that if I wait another decade it will be even harder to find a woman.
Ragman

Reply Wed 16 Oct, 2024 12:51 pm
@DaniKla1984,
Why? Is there a shortage of women? Seriously, start with one step at a time and build up your social skills.

Up until now you’ve either avoided getting involved or been discouraged. What has changed on your part? Until you do something different, (like counseling or joining some social groups where you let people meet you in. relaxed environment) don’t expect things to change. The change has to be from within you by approaching how to socialize differently.
0 Replies