Letter from Michael Moore to President Bush

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:18 am
Re: Tico
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Tico, once again, you've missed the point about slurring fat people. When you slur one, you slur all fat people. No difference than slurring with the N word, which you fail to understand.

BBB

When I call Michael Moore "stupid," am I slurring all stupid people?

When you call me arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive, should all arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive persons feel insulted?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:30 am
No, only you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:43 am
Re: BBB
Bella Dea wrote:

If he is so pissed about what Bush is doing with Katrina, then he needs to DO something about it. Not make another documentary.

Would it have been better if I'd said he needs to get his whiny ass down there?

I gotta agree with that too.
I dont hate MM.
But, I think diffrently about him right now as he is trying to bring attention to himself and his pocketbook by slamming bush once again . There is a tragedy in southern america that he can get off his ass and do something about and help. Instead, he uses his 'social status' to attrack attention to his negativity and his opinions.
He is just about the same as the people who will now make sappy country songs about the tragedy for their own benefit.
He is an example of the lazy americans who are doing nothing to help right now., but do everything in their power to bitch whine and moan..
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:48 am
Initially, let me remind everyone that to state what is obvious is not a slur.

MM IS FAT...He may or may not be a bastard, however. So I will take back the bastard part.

However, for those who support this fat man's opinion, just make sure you tell the tens of thousands of people effected by the hurrican that MM thinks this is GW's fault. I am sure that knowing this, they will feel much better about themselves.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:52 am
it IS funny how calling a fat person fat is somehow non PC. We refer to white people as white? Black people as black? Short people as short? Being fat is just that... being fat.
Sorry.. MM is fat.
So am i

With love,
the FAT witch
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:55 am
BBB
shewolfnm wrote:
it IS funny how calling a fat person fat is somehow non PC. We refer to white people as white? Black people as black? Short people as short? Being fat is just that... being fat.
Sorry.. MM is fat.
So am i

With love,
the FAT witch

It's not OK when fat is used as a perjorative term.

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:57 am
no.
in that sense it isnt.
but just being descriptive.. yeah. Its fine.

so now im going to take my fat ass outta this here political thread.
Cuz we fat people dont talk politics..
at least this one doesnt. ;-)

Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:07 am
shewolf
shewolfnm wrote:
no.
in that sense it isnt.
but just being descriptive.. yeah. Its fine.

so now im going to take my fat ass outta this here political thread.
Cuz we fat people dont talk politics..
at least this one doesnt. ;-)

Laughing

shewolf, you are a lovely person and your fat ass is cute.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:09 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
Sorry.. MM is fat.
So am i

With love,
the FAT witch

It's not OK when fat is used as a perjorative term.

BBB

My point is I am tired of the Hollywood Elitist like this fat load, sitting AROUND and criticizing every aspect of this terrible tragady without lifting a finger to help. Apparently, this dope was sitting fat and happy while a hurricane passes over his head. What would he be saying if HE was swept away and left homeless?

All he is looking for is the next tragedy so he can cash in. If you want to value his opinion, you have the problem.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:10 am
Just like Bush can really piss people off, well over half of the US population and now likely a lot more, Moore can also piss people off. One good bash deserves another? So far, I've seen no compelling argument that MM is wrong but I have seen compelling evidence that Bush is dead wrong.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:14 am
Re: shewolf
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

shewolf, your fat ass is cute.

BBB :wink:

Laughing

im thinking this may go on my 'quote.....
Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:16 am
Is MM an actual journalist? Or just someone with a big mouth?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:18 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Just like Bush can really piss people off, well over half of the US population and now likely a lot more, Moore can also piss people off. One good bash deserves another? So far, I've seen no compelling argument that MM is wrong but I have seen compelling evidence that Bush is dead wrong.

GW is dead wrong about what???
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:20 am
who says MM is fat? What is fat anyway?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:22 am
shewolf
shewolfnm wrote:
Is MM an actual journalist? Or just someone with a big mouth?

Michael Moore is a film maker. His specialty is using humor to skewer the powerful and pompous. He doesn't have a big mouth, but he does have a caring heart.

I've known Michael Moore for a long time, and met him long before he became famous. If you know his early history of trying to save the economy of Flint, Michigan for it's citizens, you might have a different impression of him.

BBB
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:23 am
woiyo wrote:
What would he be saying if HE was swept away and left homeless.

I think that's physically impossible. Well, maybe not ... but it would take like, a Category 6 or 7 hurricane to accomplish that feat.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:25 am
oh that Michael Moore.

Yes I saw his film about Flint. It was better than Farenheit 911
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:25 am
kelticwizard wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:
I've already referenced government reports debunking Moore's theory that the hurricaince was somehow intensified by global warming.

You did?

Ahem. From that same report.:

USGCRP wrote:
8 There is evidence for an enhanced hydrologic
cycle:

Decrease in daily temperature range

More atmospheric water vapor

More precipitation

More intense precipitation events

Stronger extratropical storms

Clearly, New Orleans just got hit with an "intense precipitation event".

Wizard,
Nice attempt at a spin, but I was very careful not to say that "global warming" was not occuring, because you are correct, the report indicates that it is. However, my point is that Moore is quite wrong in implying that global warming made this storm "inevitable". The report is very clear that any global warming that is occuring is making hurricaines neither more numerous nor more intense.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:26 am
I knew that was coming tico. Thought about it myself but then again, I'm far too polite
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 11:30 am
Let me rephrase what I mean by ' big mouth"

he speaks to the right people
at the right time
and very loudly...

( wasnt ment to be a slam.. hehe.. )
0 Replies