Letter from Michael Moore to President Bush

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:34 am
Remember woiyo

http://www.maxdstandley.com/giclees/i/the_trail_of_tears.jpg

The new, and old spirits of this planet are restless.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:35 am
Where is Michaels fat ass? Oh yeah, sitting at home writing this stupid letter. Whether or not he's "right" or has a point, he doesn't do anything about it except complain and make money off it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 06:37 am
has bush written back?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:45 am
If he doesn't do anything about it except make documentaries which get things changed -- you don't suppose a good part of the disillussionment with the war in Iraq is "F-9/11?" It's being shown constantly on Showtime. WalMart changed their policy on selling ammunition because of "Bowling for Columbine." Whether one believes what Moore says or not, he does get things done. That "F-9/ll" was the one film he actually did make money on is merely a testament that it was effective. I suppose there's proof he hasn't written a check to aid in the cleanup of Bush's debacle in New Orleans?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:48 am
Lightwizard wrote:
If he doesn't do anything about it except make documentaries which get things changed -- you don't suppose a good part of the disillussionment with the war in Iraq is "F-9/11?" It's being shown constantly on Showtime. WalMart changed their policy on selling ammunition because of "Bowling for Columbine." Whether one believes what Moore says or not, he does get things done. That "F-9/ll" was the one film he actually did make money on is merely a testament that it was effective. I suppose there's proof he hasn't written a check to aid in the cleanup of Bush's debacle in New Orleans?

Ok, so he did do something...and I don't care if he wrote a check or not. That's his business.

But the man is just so....hot winded! I really hated F9/11. I thought it was really just an excuse to bash Bush. Truth or no truth, the man has a beef against Bush and used F9/11 as a platform for his personal vendetta. Bowling was actually a pretty good documentary. He used less fingerpointing and more facts. But that's just my opinion. I couldn't take one thing he said in F9/11 seiously because all I could think about was how much he was obviously hating Bush.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 07:52 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
woiyo wrote:
That fat bastards 15 minutes are up. If he is so concerned, tell him to get his fat a$$ down there to help or write a check.

Why would anyone give this idiot any credibility is beyond me.

I feel exactly the same about george w bush, except of course he's in good shape. I would be too if the citizens of the United States could just be convinced to pay me to ride my bike.

good one, BPB, if i may call u that, it's such a clever handle. Laughing notice i haven't said anything about moore's physique, even though i've been critical of him in this thread. making ad hominem remarks smacks of partisanship.

btw, i have a seldom used bike, extremely nice one too. feel free to borrow it when you're on the west coast.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:37 am
yitwail wrote:
woiyo wrote:
That fat bastards 15 minutes are up. If he is so concerned, tell him to get his fat a$$ down there to help or write a check.

I feel exactly the same about george w bush, except of course he's in good shape. I would be too if the citizens of the United States could just be convinced to pay me to ride my bike.

good one, BPB, if i may call u that, it's such a clever handle. Laughing notice i haven't said anything about moore's physique, even though i've been critical of him in this thread. making ad hominem remarks smacks of partisanship.

btw, i have a seldom used bike, extremely nice one too. feel free to borrow it when you're on the west coast.

The best thing Michael Moore could have done was go to New Orleans and use his girth to help plug the levees.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:39 am
Ticomaya wrote:
yitwail wrote:
woiyo wrote:

The best thing Michael Moore could have done was go to New Orleans and use his girth to help plug the levees.

Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 08:40 am
I'm sorry ... was that ad hominem?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:07 am
BBB
Can't any of the people who consistently refer to Michael Moore's body size respond to what he says without slurring him? Why do you think it is any more acceptable to make fun of or deride someone because they are fat? Do you think it less offensive than calling someone the N word?

Shame on anyone who slurs fat people. They have feelings, too.

BBB
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:18 am
Would anyone here write a letter like he did, or make a film? Speak up like he did to your government, out of this forum? Honestly, I would not. I love my country, but I'm scared of my government.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:26 am
I admire the man for doing what he is doing, and I hope it helps in some way!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:28 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Can't any of the people who consistently refer to Michael Moore's body size respond to what he says without slurring him?

Of course, but it's not as much fun.

BBB wrote:
Why do you think it is any more acceptable to make fun of or deride someone because they are fat?

"More acceptable" than what? In most cases, fat people can lose the weight if they want to. (BTW, I don't go around making fun of fat people .... but in the case of Michael Moore, I make an exception.)

BBB wrote:
Do you think it less offensive than calling someone the N word?

Um, yeah. Don't you?

BBB wrote:
Shame on anyone who slurs fat people.

I wasn't slurring "fat people" ... Just Michael Moore.

BBB wrote:
They have feelings, too.

BBB

Actually, I'm pretty sure MM is a Thanksgiving Day Parade float that's gone out of control.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:35 am
Tico
Tico, once again you've reinforced your reputation for arrogance and ignorance and just a tad of insensitivity.

Congratulations for your consistency.

BBB
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:48 am
Re: Tico
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Tico, once again you've reinforced your reputation for arrogance and ignorance and just a tad of insensitivity.

BBB

To whom am I being insensitive? Michael Moore? Or his many fans on this site?
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 09:57 am
Ticomaya wrote:
I'm sorry ... was that ad hominem?

it was tit for tat, but perhaps not as tactful as BPB.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:01 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Can't any of the people who consistently refer to Michael Moore's body size respond to what he says without slurring him? Why do you think it is any more acceptable to make fun of or deride someone because they are fat? Do you think it less offensive than calling someone the N word?

Shame on anyone who slurs fat people. They have feelings, too.

BBB

I have nothing against his being fat. I do have something against what he does. He is a whiner who got lucky. That's how I view it.

If he is so pissed about what Bush is doing with Katrina, then he needs to DO something about it. Not make another documentary.

Would it have been better if I'd said he needs to get his whiny ass down there?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:04 am
Re: Tico
Ticomaya wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

To whom am I being insensitive? Michael Moore? Or his many fans on this site?

Tico, once again, you've missed the point about slurring fat people. When you slur one, you slur all fat people. No difference than slurring with the N word, which you fail to understand.

BBB
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:07 am
So BBB, is it ok to harrass smokers? Why is it that non smokers can say to a smoker "You know that's killing you. That's bad for you. You should quit." But it isn't ok for someone to say to a fat person "You know that's killing you. That's bad for you. You should quit." every time they pick up a piece of non healthy food? Because that's what's happeneing. Why isn't it acceptable to tell fat people they can't eat cheesecake in a restaurant because it's contributing to their being fat and hurting them but it's ok to harrass smokers? Because being fat is dangerous and can kill you. It's as dangerous as smoking but no one can say that to a fat person because it isn't nice. Both are controllable (at least in most circumstances).
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2005 10:14 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Would it have been better if I'd said he needs to get his whiny ass down there?

It would have been better if you'd said he needed to get his "fat, whiny ass" down there, IMO.
0 Replies