Help Please im Desperate

bjj

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:10 pm
thanks for te help will let you know how it goes
I will know however what is response will be hewill be immensly upset and then he will agree with what i say and agree that he needs some professional help i just know thats what will happen and then he will get no help until the next major cattatrophy happens and we have this discussion again
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:17 pm
Bjj--

If you are serious, tomorrow should be your last discussion.

If you're not serious, you can ride the merry-go-round for the rest of your life.

Act for yourself.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:19 pm
i hope tomorrow is my last disucssion about this i hope that he conceds that he needs help gets it and becoms a better person but sometimes you need to excersie some hard love for that to sink in i think
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 11:20 pm
Talk the talk, and if necessary, walk the walk.
0 Replies

subtleone

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 04:04 am
bjj,

It looks like you're in good hands within this forum.

My two cents would be that a big part of being in a long-lasting, satisfying relationship with someone is the pure comfort level that you experience with that person and only that person.

If your boyfriend is consistently doing things that make you feel uncomfortable, you are being robbed of one of the greatest joys of having a relationship.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 05:30 pm
ok well i spoke to hi m las nigt he was really upset crying the hwole bit and vowed to get some help with counselling for his anger althought he was not sure if it was related to his driving.
I ssaid we should have a break for a little while but that was really hard, when i lef he said can i call you tomorrow i didnt know what to say im really confused i dont really want to have a break from him
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 07:03 pm
bjj--

If he's going to try to change, great.

If he's not....you'll either have to take him as he is, temper tantrums and all--or leave him.

Life isn't easy and Love isn't simple.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 07:51 pm
i think what i have realised that i do love him and walking out isnt a great thing right now he neds my support while he gets this help What do other people think did i make th right choice
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 08:16 pm
Absolutely.

Make it clear that the future you two have together is conditional upon him changing.

Then support him while he tries to change.

Believe me, I've been in a relationship with temper tantrums and I found it exhausting.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 09:33 pm
thansk again for your help it is good to have someone give you some advice about these issue

How did your go are you still with the person
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 11:39 am
bjj--

My temper tantrum boy has been out of my life for more than 30 years--and my life has been much more pleasant.

I understand through the grapevine, that he is still prone to tantrums.

His kids don't respect him much.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 05:56 pm
I totally agree with Bella. I couldn't have said it any better.
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:56 am
wel we are having a break as of tonight im fed up all we do is now argue its about petty things but it still gets me down and it hapens almost everyday. Any advice i now feel so alone after being in this relationship for nine yeras
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 02:43 pm
Has he seen a therapist?
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 05:29 pm
not yet thi week
but now im starting to think that there are deeper problems then that like the arguing all the time over petty things i dont know if thats because of the anger or it is just because we are sick of each other
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2005 06:49 pm
You're probably right about the bickering being a symptom of your swain's problems.

One way or another, with grandure with the death of 10,000 cuts, he wants to be In Charge.
0 Replies