Poll: Did you watch the Thursday, June 27, 2024 U.S. presidential debate between Biden and Trump?

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 09:51 pm
Hi. I watched part of it. I almost forgot it was on TV. I managed to watch the debate on my phone. I didn't watch the whole thing - I think I watched enough to get the gist of what the debate was about

I'm inclined to vote for Biden. I didn't believe everything Trump said. I was told late on that Trump was called out on a bunch of lies by the American media.

Who are you supporting if I may ask?

Please help. Thank you.

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 10:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I didn't watch the whole thing - I think I watched enough to get the gist of what the debate was about.

- FIXED

I was going to ask if Trump mentioned the wall he wanted to build on Mexican borders to try to stop illegals from entering the U.S. but I did some research - Biden stopped construction of the wall.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Jul, 2024 11:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
J, Trump lied about everything starting with the fabrication that babies are born and the mother get to decide if they can be allowed to live or destroyed by the hospital. As far as the Wall???? Mexico told Trump to forget about them paying for a way to help kill women and children so Trump got distracted when he realized Biden might run so he got REEEEEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLL busy beginning his defamation game. Oh, and Trump didn't lower the cost of insulin, and he has been convicted (CONVICTED) of sexual assault. That sexual assault has nothing to do with the adult entertainers he enjoyed entertaining while Melania was nursing their newborn child.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 04:23 am
Probably a silly question but why are so many foreigners invested in this election?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 04:51 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Probably a silly question but why are so many foreigners invested in this election?

If Trump gets elected and does what he says he will do...

...every person on this planet will be impacted negatively.

"Foreigners" should be very invested in this election...just as we should be in elections like those taking place in England and France.

I will vote for whomever the Democrats put in opposition to Trump...and I will do so with enthusiasm.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 04:53 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

I didn't watch the whole thing - I think I watched enough to get the gist of what the debate was about.

- FIXED

I was going to ask if Trump mentioned the wall he wanted to build on Mexican borders to try to stop illegals from entering the U.S. but I did some research - Biden stopped construction of the wall.

One other thing:

I watched the "debate." It wasn't a debate at all. Trump lied incessantly...and, unfortunately, Joe Biden looked as though he did not know where he was or why he was there.
Ragman

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 04:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
Turnabout is fair play:

Are you registered to vote?
Will you be voting?
Who will you vote for? You said your inclination is to vote for Biden, correct?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 09:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't know of any Americans who are interested in Canadian, French and English elections or in elections taking place in any other part of the world.

As an American, what does Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau have to do with me?
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 09:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I see I'm not the only person here who thought Trump was lying.
Real Music

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 10:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I see I'm not the only person here who thought Trump was lying.

1. Trump has been purposely lying for decades.
2. Anything that Trumps speak out of his mouth is almost guaranteed to be an outright deliberate lie.
3. Anything Trump post on social media is almost guaranteed to be a deliberate lie.
4. He lies in his stump speeches.
5. He lies in interviews.
6. He lies during debates.
7. Trump could be standing outside in the middle of a rainstorm with rain gushing down all over him and Trump would say that it's not raining.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2024 11:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
1. Do you follow politics?

2. Are you registered to vote?

3. From my personal experience, younger people (generally) vote at a much lower rate than older people. 

4. I am hoping that young people will vote this time in massive numbers.

5. Older people seem to be more reliable when it comes to exercising their right to vote.

6. This is just an observation, not necessarily factual.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2024 06:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't know of any Americans who are interested in Canadian, French and English elections or in elections taking place in any other part of the world.

As an American, what does Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau have to do with me?

Unfortunately too many Americans have no interest in the overall health of the world. If you thought Canada had nukes and hated Kansas (if you lived in Kansas) you might have more interest. I live on the East Coast (one of the first of the US colonies), I worked for DOD for 32 years and perhaps that sharpened my interest in World Peace. One thing that everyone should worry about is the preparedness of our military to protect us. Canada won't send paragliders over the border to bomb music concerts and kidnap and rape women..............
Mame

Reply Fri 12 Jul, 2024 08:54 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Canada won't send paragliders over the border to bomb music concerts and kidnap and rape women..............

Damn, there go my summer plans.
Ragman

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 08:54 am
@Real Music,
Quote:

1. Do you follow politics?

2. Are you registered to vote?

We are all still awaiting Your reply?
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 08:59 am
@Ragman,

JG10 won't be back until Labor Day night...
Ragman

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 06:50 pm
@Region Philbis,
Was he banned?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 08:04 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Canada won't send paragliders over the border to bomb music concerts and kidnap and rape women..............

Damn, there go my summer plans.

Sorry 😎
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 08:05 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Was he banned?

No, he just likes to show up during holidays
Real Music

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 08:14 pm
@glitterbag,
1. Sometimes, I try to get him to open up and engage in more conversations and discussions.

2. But, you do notice that there was no response to my post.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Jul, 2024 09:09 pm
@Real Music,
I've tried that in the past, I'll send you a note in PM.
0 Replies