Graduation party combined

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 07:42 pm
I’m organizing my son’s high school graduation party. My sister has a son as well that’s graduating diff schools. I’m planning to make a party. I told her my husband and i are planning a party. What are your plans for your son? Or do you want to plan something together since 7 months ago it was brought up. At the time she said she didn’t know since she was going to ask her son. A week or so later she told me no that her son don’t want a party. I went ahead and started planning. Now she texted me saying that he does want a party (combined) I don’t know what to say anymore? Am I wrong for saying I already planned?
The question was brought up around March 22nd
She said no April 9 and now yes (today)
Graduation is May 25
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 178 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2024 10:00 am
@maria1985,
How difficult is it to include your nephew? If not a big deal (at your house, e.g.), then tell her she's in charge of the invitations, seating, and food for his group and tell her you must know final numbers by May 10th or something.

And if you've already planned it at a restaurant and it's too late, then just say so. Maybe it's not too late - it's a month away. Put the onus on her to fix it. Tell the restaurant (if they have room) that she will be contacting them and she's financially responsible for any of her costs.
0 Replies

RPhalange

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2024 11:27 am
@maria1985,
And maybe it was not your sister's doing. Her son could have changed his mind last minute. Teens are like that. And considering he is a boy, they tend not to care (or act like that). It is likely he was months and months ago thinking that is an eternity before I graduate, I can't think of that now; who cares. Then all of a sudden it is before him. He sees his friends all planning parties and suddenly it is a big deal.

What Mame said, accommodate him if you can and if you can't just let your sister know, sorry XYZ cannot accommodate additional people. Look at it this way if you can accommodate, you are likely to get help now from your sister financially and planning wise.
0 Replies