HUGE DILLEMA!

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2005 11:02 pm
So I spent my Friday night going shopping and buying crap. The main point of shopping was to buy drapes and a rug. Bought a mirror, and some random other things, candles, hamper, stuff like that.

Was in Filene's, and saw this guy hanging from the wall:

http://rugsusa.com/pop4k.html

There, the size I need was around double. Now I think I can pull the trigger. That picture doesn't do it justice though, it looks pretty sweet.

Looking for drapes was frustrating as hell. I almost bought some, they went out back to get them, and came back and said they didn't have as many as I wanted. I was kind of relieved, because I wasn't psyched about them. But I couldn't find anything I really liked.

How big a f'n homo, er, I mean, metro am I, getting all fired up over drapes and a rug?

My bathroom looks pretty cool now, replaced my less than 1 week old shower curtain and rug.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 06:58 am
didnt you just buy this house Slappy?

you should take pictures when it is done so we can all see your hard work and make fun of it..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 07:53 am
shewolfnm wrote:
didnt you just buy this house Slappy?

you should take pictures when it is done so we can all see your hard work and make fun of it..

Yes, well it's a condo.

And if you're going to make fun of me, I'm sure you can come up with better ways than my choice of home furnishings.

Like my ass herpes.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2005 08:26 am
Or the fact that you bought candles....!!!

Looks like great choice of rug from other stuff you've said, color and style and everything.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 12:26 pm
Before...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/robgoat/livroom.jpg

After...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/robgoat/DSCN0299.jpg

Pretty much done with this room...still waiting for the rug, and maybe get some small things. It's kind of hard to really see the drapes because the light coming through them.

Next project: bathroom. In process of being built. Thinking dark, dark green tiles(almost black), which will be tiled halfway up walls, with a lighter green paint.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2005 12:27 pm
That picture is pretty dark, the red is a little lighter than it seems.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 12:24 pm
Yeah, maybe some more pics? Especially with drapes back, allowing light in but so you can see the color?

First impression of the "before" pic is: light! airy! beautiful old wood floor, really nice structure to the room.

First impression of the "after" pic is: cave.

If I squint and think about it, I like what I see. Good colors. I think you left the window -- uh, wtf is the word, the wood around the window (I'm getting stuck on "pane", "sills" isn't it either -- white, which is cool. The whole black leather+chrome and/or glass look is not my thing, but it hangs together well, looks sophisticated and not slapdash.

Overall it's a lot of the same colors I have in my living room, has a nice warm vibe to it especially with more light (which it sounds like you usually have, just the pic looks darker).

You've earned this...

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/reshalls/confpage/metrocard.jpg

(Get it, "metro", card-carrying... nemmind.)
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:01 pm
Soz, you pain in the ass...making me take more pictures. So I took a couple from the same angle with the drapes back, and it still looked dark. This picture is on the other side of the room, and has plenty of light so you can better see the colors. I still haven't put up that fourth drape.

And you're thinking of the window trim? I did leave it white. At first I figured I'd paint it a darker beige, but I liked it white, and two, I was too lazy to keep painting.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/robgoat/DSCN0304.jpg

I may now be an official card carrying member of the metro club, but I've got the Goodfellas hanging from the wall. WATCH OUT!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:07 pm
Oooh, more pictures!!

That looks good! Great color, love the contrast with the white. If the window trim (duh, thanks!) was a dark color, it'd just be too much. The red with the white/cream looks good.

You understand you need to take more pics when you get the rug...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:18 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oooh, more pictures!! You understand you need to take more pics when you get the rug...

I'm picking up the rug later.

And I'll make sure I'm naked on the couch, wearing a fake mustache to hide my identity.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 01:38 pm
ok slappy...this is getting weird. my hubby loves to paint/decorate/remodel. we bought a 1965 house that hadn't been touched since 1965-yeah our dining room, maroon walls, glass table with marble base, stark white trim with crown molding too, black and gold chairs. no good fellas pic though. although, we do have two huge hurricane candle sconces on the wall. all his ideas...

btw-i love that rug! it was awesome. i was thinking, hmmm-for my dining room?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 02:34 pm
I was thinking of getting sconces as well.

Your husband has the best taste, like eva.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2005 02:50 pm
yes he does...and i think he would agree you do as well...
0 Replies