HUGE DILLEMA!

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:04 pm
Hire local spray paint punks to come in and tag your windows so noone can see in. Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:12 pm
Slappy

I think Bella is right on target.....

Rich gold fabric will give the room a look of opulance. The colors in her pictures are fabulous.

Girls dig that (okay, his minds made up)

Really though, I serious.

Yes, do stay with solid colors for the most part,
You might want to have a few through pillows with gold and maroon patterns, for interest.

Linens and things has super throw pillows

Bring a paint sample to the store and toss a bunch of potential pillows in a pile, put the paint same next to them to see if they can all live together.

If you have a piece of fabric you like at home, take that with you.

Are you talkng curtains, or drapes?

Drapes are the ones that reach all the way to the floor.

Something else you might want to consider are window scarves.

As I've mentioned, we're remodeling, and guess what?! the colors of our living room will be gold, rich red, rich browns and some tan that melds with the golds.

on the windows we are actually just going to use verticle blinds, but to dress them up, we're using window scarves in cappachino and a deep red.

Walk around a swanky furniture store and see what you like. You can get lots of good ideas there, and then match them to your budget.

I think between Bella, shewolf and I we can make your place into a high class sin bin.

What kind of art do you like?

What kind of colors do you feel good in?
Really, that makes a big difference.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:15 pm
Oh, you dis me when I say sage-y green but then farmerman says gray-olive (same thing!!) and you're all like, hey good idea!

<sulk>
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:19 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh, you dis me when I say sage-y green but then farmerman says gray-olive (same thing!!) and you're all like, hey good idea!

<sulk>

I liked the idea.... :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:24 pm
look at us Laughing

we're all fighting over who gets to decorates slappy's place Laughing

must be the mother gene in all of us.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:29 pm
sulking along, nobody looked at my Donghia link... which can go to solids, weaves, stripes and on and on. Way-expensive materials but an eye-bath to see them (I think).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:30 pm
sulking along, nobody looked at my Donghia link... which can go to solids, weaves, stripes and on and on. Way-expensive materials but an eye-bath to see them (I think).
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:33 pm
Just make sure they match the carpet...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:38 pm
you should put a stripper pole in this house Slappy..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:40 pm
( i have been looking at that site osso, that fabric is BEAUTIFUL )
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:42 pm
yes, I looked too, actually, I'm going back later to get ideas of my own.

(there's one pattern called Omen - just the name makes it perfect for slappy)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 03:12 pm
Slappy
Instead of curtains, have you considered wood woven blinds? Would add mutted color and texture t your rooms.

Example:
http://www.buyplantationshutters.com/blinds_shades/blinds.html

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:18 pm
I like those too. Ah, but drapes are so sensual... or is it sensuous. All I remember is one of them was a sin in the old days.

Personally, I have lengths of brocade hanging unhemmed and piled on the floor hither and thither. I told you I'm eccentric...

Edit to spell sensuous right. That must have been the one that was a sin...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:31 pm
oooohhhh.....textiles..... <drool>

Sorry, I can't even dress my self in a coordinated fashion let alone decorate.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:03 pm
On Donghia, I only looked through patterns, and never got to solids or stripes... much less furniture and so on.

There used to be a Donghia in LA, well, I suppose there still is. I bought my brocade at Joanne's on sale.

I like to look at a variety of styles and the elements of style... high to low, and am just a foo' myself. I buy architectural digest (professional discount or I couldn't do that) mostly to chuckle, and sometimes to learn.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:08 pm
Actually I lied. I did buy drape fabric at Joanne's on sale, but I found the brocade in an alley in Venice along with a Marimeko pot (pot? I use it as a dogwater dish), on one of my long walks with a friends. We split the goods piled by the trash, right across the street - now that I think about it - from where Frank Gehry is about to build his new home. But it wasn't such a high end place then, quite the opposite.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:46 am
my favorite style from that site is 'ivy

I can see that in a painted grey room with yellow accents and that as the fabric for the furniture..

>sigh<
decorating ideas...
gotta love em..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:49 am
I need some ideas for my living room. I am going to decorate around a picture....

This picture.

Salvador Dali

It has a black frame around it. What suggestions do you have for design?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:50 am
Um, animal-print cushions?

That one would be a challenge. Do you want to decorate around it more in terms of color or also feel?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:53 am
If more just color, I'd go with red (pomegranate) and gold (a few places, maybe use lighter and darker), with occasional light blue touches. You've already said you like red and gold, and it picks up colors in the painting.
0 Replies