HUGE DILLEMA!

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:55 am
sozobe wrote:
If more just color, I'd go with red (pomegranate) and gold (a few places, maybe use lighter and darker), with occasional light blue touches. You've already said you like red and gold, and it picks up colors in the painting.

I just did my bedroom in rust and golds. Sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:56 am
sozobe wrote:
Um, animal-print cushions?

That one would be a challenge. Do you want to decorate around it more in terms of color or also feel?

Color and feel. I sort of like the animal print thing. Maybe throw pillows with the print?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:06 am
That could work. I was thinking like a wooden chair with upholstered sections (seat cushion, part of back), throw pillows would be easier.

Blue is tempting as a major color but I think that would borify everything (painting and room). I thought for a minute that it could make the tiger and stuff pop out more if the blue of the painting kind of blended with the blue of the room, but...

Maybe a darker blue, like the blue of the ocean around her armpit? And then a tan/ burnt ochre, like that package or cliff or whatever it is up in the righthand corner?

Hmmm...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:11 am
i would paint the walls a color like the womans skin and use a pomegranate color for accent like Soz said. Maybe do an accent wall in that color and place the painting on that.
THen i would do beige-greens for furniture/window colors
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:17 am
Yeah, don't feel too limited by the colors you've already used. I adore red and have it pretty much everywhere. Living room, family room, kitchen, sozlet's room, E.G.'s office; only bathrooms and master bedroom are exempt. Different kinds of reds and in different combinations, and never as the main color (i.e. usually oriental rugs, small furniture, frames, or other accents), but it's really useful.

A nice deep red oriental wool rug would work with that painting, I think.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:25 am
I can't paint the walls. Rental unit.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:38 am
Bella Dea wrote:
sozobe wrote:

That one would be a challenge. Do you want to decorate around it more in terms of color or also feel?

Color and feel. I sort of like the animal print thing. Maybe throw pillows with the print?

I bought an area rug with a leapard skin print. I'll have wall to wall carpeting, but I'll put this under the couch & coffee table.

It's both sexy and fun.

wasn't expensive - target.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:50 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
sozobe wrote:

I bought an area rug with a leapard skin print. I'll have wall to wall carpeting, but I'll put this under the couch & coffee table.

It's both sexy and fun.

wasn't expensive - target.

OOOOO, that sounds fab! I overspent on the bedroom so I have to be very careful about what I spend on the living room.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 08:59 am
Our family room is covered with a thin layer of geologic literature.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:56 am
I've got this guy hanging on the living room wall, fits the color perfect...also Dali, with a few other black&whites up:

http://www.scentednarcissi.co.uk/images/poetry_art/dali_narciss.jpg

I've got a couple other things that don't match at all, one is Jackson Pollock number 33. It's a light cream/black. Oh well.

I like the bamboo look, but don't think it'll go well in these particular rooms. I'm probably going to go with long drapes(not sure I know the difference). Bringing a chick friend shopping with me on Friday, to pimp it out.

Shewolf, if I get a stripper pole, you going to come show me how it's used?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:02 am
Slappy...

i never knew you were so Metro-sexual..
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:06 am
Slightly, except for the feminine part.

STRIP, WOMAN!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:08 am
Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:06 pm
I found this somewhere this morning while in the midst of some work, have had it open all day and am finally closing everything to go to bed -- anyway, broad category of what I was thinking, animal-print wise, though this thing is almost 600 bucks...

http://www.horchow.com:80/products/mp/HCF7624_mp.jpg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 09:09 am
That's not me.

I'd need a smoking jacket to go along with it.

Champagnya, little lady?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 10:59 am
ooooh >giggle<

don't mind if i do!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 11:58 am
that looks like a piece of furniture from
"the ladies man'

hehehehe
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:08 pm
It was for BELLA! The Dali she's decorating around with the tigers'n everything!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:10 pm
(By the way, sozlet's comment on the Dali; "That is one crazy painting...")
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:15 pm
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003CXP4.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

tee hee hee hee
0 Replies