speaking to people about their behavior when they're drunk

Chai

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 02:22 pm
Oh don't worry Bella, I remember this person, she's the one that went on and on for days about some nimrod that picked her up in a bar, and she was all freaking out because he didn't call her.

Had to update us on her emotional state every 90 seconds.

Sheesh is right.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 08:31 pm
mchalel--

Your cousins hurt your feelings.

So?

What do you want? Abject apologies? You're not going to get them. Your cousins decided that you needed telling off--and they told you off.

You were the one who dragged your mother--and through your mother, your aunt--into the situation.

You have two choices.

You can forgive your cousins for hurting your feelings and move on.

You can stop speaking to your cousins and stop speaking about them.

You can't make your cousins do anything, but you can control your own behavior.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:40 am
Have you thought about quitting drinking?

I mean, vomiting on the floor in a bar....doesn't that tell you something?
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:48 am
re
'You can't make your cousins do anything, but you can control your own behavior'

right and they cant make me do anything either
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:49 am
Right, so no need to get worked up about what they think of you then.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 07:51 am
and maybe stop drinking and throwing up in public places.............
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:18 am
re
'and maybe stop drinking and throwing up in public places............. '

I have. And i know i wasnt the first to do something like that, nor will i be the last. My cousin (the one who bitched me out) actually threw up on her mother and sister one night when she was so drunk.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:21 am
Look, it's a good idea to forgive yourself for past mistakes and move on. But what I hear you doing is giving yourself a pass because others have done it. That's not quite the same thing. You may be angry at your cousins, but you should start with yourself.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
Re: re
mchalel wrote:

I have. And i know i wasnt the first to do something like that, nor will i be the last. My cousin (the one who bitched me out) actually threw up on her mother and sister one night when she was so drunk.

What's that got to do with anything.......?

I said maybe YOU should stop drinking.

You're just trying to take your drunken behavior and rationalize it by telling us about other people who do the same.

stop pointing the finger at everyone else, and look at yourself.

what has it been, one whole week since you've been drunk? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mchalel

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:51 am
re
You're just trying to take your drunken behavior and rationalize it by telling us about other people who do the same.

I think that's what she is tryign to do. lol. I'll do what i want. IF someone is going to point out someone else's drunken behavior AFTER things they've done...they better make damn sure they're ready to get a finger pointed at them.

If someone robs a bank can they judge another person who robs a bank for doing so? Not really
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 09:57 am
crappy
I think it sounds like your cousin is a hypocrite and maybe even jealous? It does not make sense that she could be so angry about you getting drunk when she has done the same thing. It sounds like she was mad about you talking to that guy she had a thing for. I agree that she should have just stuck with that since that's what made her angry-she only made things worse by bringing up other times you'd been drunk.

She does sound like a toxic person in your life since she's upsetting you like this. I would just cut her loose. Be social when you see her at parties, but if she doen't have the guts to at least apologize for how she treated you, then she's not worth your time. We all make mistakes and family should be there through the rough times. Not turn their backs and make you feel guilty for things you've done.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:05 am
Cue twilight zone music.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:32 am
<snorting>

<FD, you're too bad>
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:39 am
ok
'Cue twilight zone music.'

was that towards me?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 10:49 am
mchalel--

Listen to your better self.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 11:53 am
Re: ok
diana78 wrote:
'Cue twilight zone music.'

was that towards me?

Yes. You and mchalel sound eerily similar. Just my opinion, though.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
gee, it's almost as if................nah!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
gee, it's almost as if................nah!

Down girl! :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:27 pm
Free Duck

You remember that time we were standing in a long line waiting for grill cheese sandwiches, and these guys came up and we were all flirting with them and everything?

Remember how the 4 of us all went off together and had sex and everything? And how you got pregant, and I didn't?

You were so totally jealous of me.
You were all like, you're a real slut because you had sex with both those guys.

And I'm all like chhaaaa. Like you did too and got knocked up.
You were just all jealous and you can't make me do anything.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
Well, who are you to talk about me being slutty when you're slutty yourself! You did it too, I just got caught, that's all. I don't see why everybody is talking about what I did when everyone else was doing it too.

You're just mad cause I got knocked up by the one you were flirting with.
0 Replies