SO i met a girl from guam . . .

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:19 pm
There's a huge difference between liking someone and loving someone. If your wife is always perfect and never makes you mad, congratulations on the pefect woman. I guess my relationship just sucks or I am an awful wife.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:19 pm
Etruscia wrote:
Thanks for what i take as cynicism. I know what your saying, and im pretty aware that what im thinking about or whatever is pretty irrational. But im 17, im allowed to be when it comes to girls . . .

And while I'm giving crappy advice, just move to Quam. Throw away your future over a girl you don't know. Just because. Why not?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:21 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
There's a huge difference between liking someone and loving someone. If your wife is always perfect and never makes you mad, congratulations on the pefect woman. I guess my relationship just sucks or I am an awful wife.

Why are you getting so mad?

I never said my wife never makes me made. I said I always love her. Why can't you do both at once?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 04:30 pm
I'm with Bella on this.

Love isn't easy.

~~~~~~~~~

and Etruscia should still have as much fun as possible with the girl/woman from Guam - just cuz it isn't easy, doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 06:16 pm
Bella Dea why get so mad? Why would i throw away my future? DId i even mention moving to guam, cause that would be a sh*tacular idea.

Im probably just gonna keep up a good friendship with the girl from Guam because shes super smart, and is definitely gonna be successful.

We were at an International Junior Achievement Conference . . its not like were dumb kids here, were some of the best in the world.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:51 am
Etrus,

Sounds good to me. Keep a correspondence and enjoy having her in your life in that way since ya like her so much.

Just remember to keep your feet planted in your own life. It's easy to 'fall in love' (fantasy love to a large degree) when someone is far away. They become perfect in the eyes, and you don't have to deal with the sloppy details of life. You don't know her that well, and you have only positive memories of her right now.

Just chill and enjoy your own life.

I do agree with Bella: Love ain't easy. It's beautiful and magical and can pick you up out of the dark: but it's also gritting your teeth and getting angrier than you ever thought possible. Love is heaven n' hell....ahhhh sigh! Smile
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 05:51 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Why are you getting so mad?

I never said my wife never makes me made. I said I always love her. Why can't you do both at once?

I'm sorry Jpin. I really am. Sad Forgive?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 06:27 am
My best advice can only be, if it is meant to be it will happen, don't worry about it, just let it take its course.... Write to her and keep in contact and maybe if you do go to school together in the future then you can make more of it!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 07:40 am
Etruscia wrote:
Thanks for what i take as cynicism. I know what your saying, and im pretty aware that what im thinking about or whatever is pretty irrational. But im 17, im allowed to be when it comes to girls . . .

Embarrassed
Im sorry you thought i was trying to be rude.
I definatly wasnt.
I was quite serious.. enjoy it!
That is one of the best parts of love. The nervous feelings you get
before you see someone, the waiting for letters, the daydreaming..
all of that is fun. It is something alot of people forget to enjoy
and take it as ' stress' or unhappyness.
I wants trying to be cynical. Im sorry it came off that way. Sad
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 07:54 am
Quote:
Love ain't easy.

Ehh.. im with Jp.
Then again.. i agree with Bella.

Love is easy. Anyone can 'feel love'
But it isnt easy if you think of love as an action and not just an emotion.
Love is more about what you do then how you feel.
You will never keep the 'warm fuzzy' feeling for someone that most call -love- if you dont WORK on it. And that is where it can get hard.
You get that feeling when you do something for someone you love
When you give things you know they like. When you are willing to admit you are wrong to make them feel better no matter how it bothers you.
When you are able to change things about YOU to make them comfortable.
The self sacrifice is hard. But that brings love.. wich is easy..
;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:05 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Quote:
Love ain't easy.

Ehh.. im with Jp.
Then again.. i agree with Bella.

Love is easy. Anyone can 'feel love'
But it isnt easy if you think of love as an action and not just an emotion.
Love is more about what you do then how you feel.
You will never keep the 'warm fuzzy' feeling for someone that most call -love- if you dont WORK on it. And that is where it can get hard.
You get that feeling when you do something for someone you love
When you give things you know they like. When you are willing to admit you are wrong to make them feel better no matter how it bothers you.
When you are able to change things about YOU to make them comfortable.
The self sacrifice is hard. But that brings love.. wich is easy..
;-)

I couldn't have explained it better myself. :wink:
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:11 am
Bella Dea wrote:

But of course... I couldn't stay mad at you :wink:

edited to add: Not that I was mad at you. Just wondering why you seemed to be taking it so seriously.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:17 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

But of course... I couldn't stay mad at you :wink:

edited to add: Not that I was mad at you. Just wondering why you seemed to be taking it so seriously.

I was really having a bad day yesterday. The kind where everyone and everything is on your back and you just can't shake it.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:21 am
I've been there and done that before. Hope you're having a better day today.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:23 am
Thanks.
I will feel better once I get to kick my boss in his head.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2005 08:27 am
awwww

look at the love..
0 Replies

tamiya

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2005 08:19 pm
Re: SO i met a girl from guam . . .
Etruscia wrote:
Well i was at this international Junior Achievement conference (CANJAC) in St. Johns Newfoundland last week. It was an incredible experience and i met so many great people who live so far away from me (I live near Toronto). One of the great people i met was this amazing and beautiful girl from Guam, i mean i really like her but . . . she lives in GUAM!

What is a boy to do?

Hey,

I was at CANJAC as well, in the yellow house. I came across your posting using GOOGLE Surprised . Email me sometime @ [email protected]

Thankx
0 Replies

random sunspots

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2005 09:54 am
Life is much about accepting things, and realize that it hurts but not as bad as you feared it would.
Life is also full of surprises and wonders.
Very few people today would have the patience needed to wait for someone, I read about a couple being separated for 20 years staying true. It wouldn't happen today, sadly. If you can and want to stay true to each other for a year, and it works out, consider it a sign that you have something solid with this girl. If she's not ready to commit to that then move on and see her in a year and see what happens. Smile
0 Replies