SO i met a girl from guam . . .

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 06:39 am
Well i was at this international Junior Achievement conference (CANJAC) in St. Johns Newfoundland last week. It was an incredible experience and i met so many great people who live so far away from me (I live near Toronto). One of the great people i met was this amazing and beautiful girl from Guam, i mean i really like her but . . . she lives in GUAM!

What is a boy to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,884 • Replies: 37
No top replies

nimh

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 07:03 am
Move to Guam?
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
I dont think thats much of an option, considering im 17 . . . and ive got one year left before i head to university.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2005 09:47 am
Forget her.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:10 pm
Realistic, but probably not what i want to hear.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:30 pm
Etruscia wrote:
Realistic, but probably not what i want to hear.

We know that. Love isn't easy and anyone who tells you that has never been in love.

Chin up.
0 Replies

logicalunit42

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 12:44 pm
Re: SO i met a girl from guam . . .
Etruscia wrote:
Well i was at this international Junior Achievement conference (CANJAC) in St. Johns Newfoundland last week. It was an incredible experience and i met so many great people who live so far away from me (I live near Toronto). One of the great people i met was this amazing and beautiful girl from Guam, i mean i really like her but . . . she lives in GUAM!

What is a boy to do?

well, agree to marry her after you get money or something.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:09 pm
I dont think ill take Logicals advice . . . She is going to University in the U.S. in a year, and so am i. Possibly the same one/
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:12 pm
Etruscia wrote:
I dont think ill take Logicals advice . . . She is going to University in the U.S. in a year, and so am i. Possibly the same one/

That's a good idea. Very Happy Get your education. You might meet the girl of your dreams at uni!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:13 pm
well if you end up being physically close enough to where you can satisfy your need for a relationship with her ( not meaning just sex ) instead of trying to foster a long distance relationship based on ... a few days of knowing each other?
By all means.. enjoy the ride. :-)
The 'antsy' feeling of getting to see her again
the wondering and waiting for a reply to letters...
Enjoy it. :-) Enjoy it all..
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:28 pm
Thanks for what i take as cynicism. I know what your saying, and im pretty aware that what im thinking about or whatever is pretty irrational. But im 17, im allowed to be when it comes to girls . . .
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:39 pm
Re: SO i met a girl from guam . . .
Etruscia wrote:
What is a boy to do?

Enjoy it!

Write. Phone. Write pen and paper letters.
Stay in touch.
Write about the things you think about, the things you dream about, the things you wish for. Write about life and love and philosophy and the meaning of everything.

Enjoy it!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 02:57 pm
Etruscia wrote:
Thanks for what i take as cynicism. I know what your saying, and im pretty aware that what im thinking about or whatever is pretty irrational. But im 17, im allowed to be when it comes to girls . . .

What? Did I miss something?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:00 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Love isn't easy and anyone who tells you that has never been in love.

Love is very easy... if you have to work at it, it ain't love.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:01 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Love isn't easy and anyone who tells you that has never been in love.

Love is very easy... if you have to work at it, it ain't love.

Are you serious? You are the first realistic person who has ever said that. (And by love I mean, relationships. )
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:04 pm
Yeah I'm serious. Love is very easy. Sure there are bumps along the way but that doesn't mean I stop loving her or that my love for her is strained in any way. Loving my wife is something I never have to work on.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:07 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Yeah I'm serious. Love is very easy. Sure there are bumps along the way but that doesn't mean I stop loving her or that my love for her is strained in any way. Loving my wife is something I never have to work on.

Where did I say anything about stopping love or feeling strained in love. I meant that relationships don't run themselves.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:10 pm
That isn't what you said. You said Love ain't easy. I said it is.

What you should have said is relationships aren't always easy. There is a big difference.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:13 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
That isn't what you said. You said Love ain't easy. I said it is.

What you should have said is relationships aren't always easy. There is a big difference.

Not in my opinion. If you love someone, you don't always like them. You don't always agree. You don't always fight fair. And if you always like your spouse, always agree and always fight fair, you are incredibally unique.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2005 03:17 pm
Agreeing or disagreeing with someone has nothing to do with loving them. Fighting fair has nothing to do with loving someone.

But I do always like my spouse. I hope I'm not incredibly unique in that aspect.
0 Replies