SICK OF THE CRYPTO-NAZIS

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:11 am
I have become heartily sick and tired of the proliferation of Hitler threads. Fer chrissake people, get yourselves some lives ! ! !

I refuse to be suckered into any more of the Hitler threads, in which, about half the time, crypto-nazis come to praise him for a genius which he never possessed, and credit him with ideas he stole from others.

Hitler was a military idiot--given that the putz started a general European war, it was fortunate for the United Nations that he weilded such power in military matters, as he showed an amazing talent for completely idiotic military decisions: He made von Paulus a Field Marshall on the principle that no German Field Marshall had ever surrendered (i guess Hindenberg and Ludendorf don't count)--now there's the application of sound military principle (insert appropriate rolling eyes emoticon here); his ludicrous attempt to defeat the Allies in Northern Africa lead Rommel to describe Tunisia as the largest self-supporting prisoner of war camp in the world; he displayed that most stupid of non-military attributes, wishful thinking--the Allies sought to convince him that Normandy was a diversion and that the real invasion would take place "any day now" in the Pas de Calais, which is where Hitler wanted it to be, and so the Fifteenth Army remained in position until it was almost too late to escape. Time and again he told commanders not to give up on inch of territory, which either resulted in gross insubordination, or the tragic waste of lives in stupid, unnecessary defenses of bad positions.

The NSDAP ripped off every social program and political position it ever espoused. The one original idea that Hitler ever had in his pathetic life was to invade the Ukraine because "my master race needs living space." The consequences of that for all of Europe were catastrophic.

There, now i'm done. Let this be a magnet for all of the Hitler-obsessed teenies and crypto-nazis. Let them rant and fulminate to their hearts content.

(Edited because the Wabbit is such a smartass.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,819 • Replies: 48
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:16 am
so set, do you think hitler was kind to dogs?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:16 am
At least one . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:19 am
Hilter?

We have Hilter threads?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:20 am
So, Hitler was a tragic mistake, then? Go figure.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:21 am
This place is lousy with Hitler threads. A great many of them are predicated upon the assumption that the NSDAP was good for Germany, and that Hitler was a military genius. It gets tiresome. I saw a new one today, and lost it.

EB, it is just now becoming evident to historians everywhere that, indeed, Hitler might not have been a good idea.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:22 am
I've read that, once you got to know him, he was really quite affable other than the occassional temper tantrum. Meaning, I suppose, that we really shouldn't judge him by his policys because he could be all chat-up around a cold brew.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:23 am
Oh - HITLER - you said HiLter.

I'm a Wabbit.

We take things very lilterally.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:23 am
He was also a vegetarian . . . just must have been misunderstood . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:25 am
dlowan wrote:

I'm a Wabbit.

Don't you have some small animal somewhere you could torment?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:25 am
Ever read "Oral-sadism and the Vegetarian Personality"?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:26 am
Now, but it sure sounds like a snoozer . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
Setanta wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I'm a Wabbit.

Don't you have some small animal somewhere you could torment?

I thought you were quite a small dog?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:28 am
Does crypto-fascists mean they try to dig up Hilter's body from crypts?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:29 am
My Sweetiepie refers to me as the Big Dog . . .

No, crypto-facists means nazis without a clue . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:31 am
There are Nazis WITH a clue?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:32 am
Yeah, and that's why you never hear from them . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:33 am
Well, my goodness, Set. I thought that everyone realized that Hitler is alive and well and living in Argentina. Rolling Eyes

There's your eye roll.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:34 am
Thanks Boss, i'd rather not dirty my keyboard by actually using one myself . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 09:36 am
Yeah - that thing is a crypto-fascist supporter of Hilter.
0 Replies