Who Will be the 2024 Democratic Candidate for President?

ntprof

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 01:59 pm
As an interested independent voter - what are your thoughts?

hightor

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 02:23 pm
@ntprof,
I'll be voting for Kamala Harris.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 03:25 pm
@ntprof,
Your question is a bit naïve. Unless Biden dies between now and August 19 to 22 when the Democratic National Convention is? President Biden will have a lock for the nomination. If he does? Everything is up in the air. Depending on when and how close to the convention he hypothetically passes away? The closer they are, Kamala Harris will take his spot.

This is just statistically speaking the case and not a profound endorsement. Though I will be voting for him in November.
0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 05:53 pm
@ntprof,
Interesting that Newsom is not a thought. Might RFK jump back over? Whitmer? Pritzker?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 11:12 pm
@ntprof,
What University do you attend?
ntprof

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:00 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Hello bobsal. It's been decades since I attended University. I'm middle-aged and mostly retired. Why do you ask?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:17 am
@ntprof,
That's very interesting! Mostly retired, from what?
ntprof

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Thanks for your interest. I am just an old guy who dabbled in automotive product development for a while. How about yourself? What do you do?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:46 am
@ntprof,
ntprof wrote:

Interesting that Newsom is not a thought. Might RFK jump back over? Whitmer? Pritzker?

RFK?! You mean the anti-Semitic, antivaxxer conspiracy theorist?? Were you not aware of his well published flaws??

Whitmer would make for a great presidential candidate. She would also make for a great VP replacement for the much divisive Kamala Harris. Her placement in that spot might help Biden take the key state of Michigan.

Newsom would be great. I'd happily support him. But you still need to get Biden out of the race. How are you going to do that???

I had to google Pritzker. So? Yeah. I'm not sure how a relative nobody would do well this late in the game.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:55 am
@ntprof,
This and that. Who do you see as the candidates? I'm surprised that you thought of RFK JR was viable.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 09:04 am
@tsarstepan,
Pritzker is good enough fellow, but not a barnburner as a candidate.

I'm with you on this: Biden is a strong candidate with the "bully pulpit" and is very popular - why would we drop him?

My big worry is when at last of the "special friends of Jeffrey Epstein" list drops, will Big Dog's name be on it. So far it seems Epstein was using Bill as a sort of cover. I pray he wasn't involved past plane rides. If he's on it, I hope it stays quiet until December.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 10:17 am
@hightor,
Harris is a Law making inhuman nutjob akin to Biden back when him and her were both governors. They made the law system messed up where they were. The hate for her dad is wrong. Yes he might be a selfish man but for him to clearly be an "West Indian" ( black to morons ) American who is a high official in a college is amazing. Yet she curse out him and his nation, and even makes fun of the nation. She is not a good person.

Hang her by her c#$#@, that is what Harris is good for

If Michael Obama ( and her lawyer self ) had run for President we all would have had our lady in office but no she want to play dolls on tv.

........................................................................................

As with Hillary if this witch runs I am voting the other direction, or whoever else. She is garbage for our system so please do not even think about her at all.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 10:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Right now Zionist Israel is showing it's true colors. White-Supremacists who are not even religious at all and hides behind that idea.

About vax talk. Apparently one person at ( Whichever Vaccination company ) admitted that the company was talking about changing the DNA of the virus. Making the virus stick around longer, or something along those lines. Guy caught on camera and starts freaking out, when confronted for it. It was like a scene "To Catch a Predator" but was actually worth watching the fear in his eyes.

Thank you Project Veritas which also exp osed "Planned Parenting" and illegal abortions to even including minors.

"Mutate' COVID via 'Directed Evolution' for Company to Continue Profiting Off of Vaccines … 'COVID is Going to be a Cash Cow for Us"-Pfizer

Gretchen Whitmer is a robot... She had said nothing about anything asides the vagina talk. If she running people will go the other direction. Everything she talks about sounds like everything I learned in "Womans History 101". I am not kidding you, she is full of bs. She might get for the vote because of the Roe v. Wade bs.
0 Replies

ntprof

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 11:55 am
@bobsal u1553115,
I think Biden and Newsom are the current frontrunners. The RFK Jr thing interests me in a curious way, not necessarily a viable way. He has no chance to win as an independent and he will draw some Dem votes, so I could see discussion about him coming back. Harris has no chance, nor does Whitmer or Pritzker. Biden is losing some favor in normally rock-solid blue markets, particularly with African American males. Not sure if it's enough to move the needle, but we'll see soon enough. I predict a lot to happen between now & then. If I was forced to bet big in Vegas right now - it would be Newsom.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 12:23 pm
@ntprof,
How can Newsom be a frontrunner when he's on zero primary ballots?
ntprof

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 02:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
I know - crazy... We'll see. Obama came in late for his 1st term and it is a bit of a crazy time in politics right now. Maybe I should call Vegas - the odds for Newsom have to be pretty long at this time.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 02:47 pm
@ntprof,
I had to Google it. Your dates might be wrong.
Quote:
On February 10, 2007, Barack Obama, then-junior United States senator from Illinois, announced his candidacy for the presidency of the United States in Springfield, Illinois.

So? Obama declared in Feb. 2007 for an election of Nov. 2008. That's 21 months. If Newsom came in? And he hasn't even made an exploratory committee? He'd only have 6 months worth of campaigning before the August Democratic National Convention in Chicago.
ntprof

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 03:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks for checking. I thought it was less than 21 months. OMM kicked in. (Old Man Memory) IMO: 6-months would be enough though... We'll see.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:31 pm
@ntprof,
How did you determine Newsome is second????
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2024 08:36 pm
@ntprof,
RFK Jr will not draw down the Democratic vote. He's considered a traitor He'd definitely draw GOP votes from those who can't take Trump.
0 Replies