Who Are Your Favorite TV Chefs?

pueo

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:21 am
to start for me, it's sam choy & martin yan (yan can cook)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,994 • Replies: 94
No top replies

margo

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 04:23 am
The Scot, Nick Nairn.

I don't know whether he can cook or not - but he's sure decorative! I'd take him home for a trial Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:24 am
Tyler Florence, Sara Moulton and Rachael Ray! :-D
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:37 am
I don't watch TV chefs. But Emiril spoke at my college gad'utation.

BAM!

Clown.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:56 am
Nigella Lawson, and I don't even know when her show is on. I just like her columns (and photos) in the NY Times. She's now the virtual goddess of my kitchen...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:21 am
Jill Cordes still rules the Food Network, even though she doesn't cook. What a dish. She's on the right - I could care less about Mark. Almost impossible to find a flattering pic of her though.

http://images.foodtv.com/foodtv/images/tvshows/show_header_be_top.gif

I loved the show where she went scuba diving for her dinner. Wow.

As far as chefs go, my favorite is Anthony Bourdaine.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:28 am
Check out Nigella's web site from Channel 4 in the UK. You can even do an on-line quiz on how green you are...

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/N/nigella/
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:33 am
Nigella's show used to be on Lifetime, but I haven't seen it lately. She's wonderful.

I like Rachel Ray and Jamie Oliver on Oliver's Twist. In fact I like everything except Iron Chef. Emeril gets on my nerves pretty quickly.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:43 am
Mario. He's probably the most knowledgeable of all the chefs. c.i.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:45 am
Agreed re Jamie Oliver. As for Emeril, I can't begin to fathom why the audience for his shows reacts the way they do. Such enthusiasm. Maybe they're drugged before they take their seats. It's pretty weird.

I do find the guy who hosts "Good Eats" on Food Network pretty entertaining. I forget his name. And the show has great production values...
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 11:48 am
I love Alton from Good Eats. The show really teached you about the food, so even if I don't remember a particular recipe I can usually remember "I should soak this overnight because" or "don't salt this because". It's fun and I retain the 'food chemistry' information that I get from it.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 12:50 pm
Oops, Alton - I forgot about him, probably because I hardly ever see him (schedule). But yes, I agree. It's great to hear why buttermilk is good for soaking chicken you're going to fry - not just that this is the way you're supposed to do it, but the logic behind it.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 02:59 pm
i like alton's show too, funny yet instructional.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 03:13 pm
I also really like Jaques Pepin, with his daughter and with or without Julia Child.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 05:16 pm
Pepin's daughter just got married, according to yesterday's NY Times. She looked quite lovely in the photos...
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2003 10:18 pm
Tyler Florence.....yum. I've been trying to invent a reason to have Food 911 rescue me for months!

As far as instruction goes, I think I've learned the most from Sarah Moulton and Alton Brown.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 01:21 am
i used to enjoy jeff smith's the frugal gourmet show. he ran into legal trouble and disappeared.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 05:59 am
I like the nakid chef :-)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 06:00 am
Actually, I like a lot of them, but I can't remember their names.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2003 06:05 am
Antonio Carluccio

He knows all about great Italian food & certainly looks as though he really indulges in the stuff! Very Happy What enthusiasm!
0 Replies