Is this workout routine good for a 15 yr old boy?

leoa

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 04:07 pm
@roger,
Yeah a ton of acronyms out there Sad EFL, ESL, even ROFL, something for everyone.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2023 06:01 pm
@leoa,
leoa wrote:

Do you have any answers to what I actually asked for?

Since you asked so nicely, why yes I do! If you are trained already then....

Pushups - 50 to 100/day should be enough. If you're starting out, use 20.
pull ups - 25 to 50/day, again, if you start out, then start with 10
squats - 10 to 20/day, start slower if you're not used to it
chin ups - 10 to 15/per day, start slow, if you're not used to it.
diamond pushups - 5 - 10/day, much less to start out with.

If I were you I'd give my muscles a rest every other day before starting up again. Should you just start out, please start slowly and stop when you feel it's too much! You're only 15 years old and growing.

0 Replies

justdavidalone

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 03:06 am
think this workout routine is decent for a 15 year old boy, but it could be improved. Here are some of my suggestions:

Add some exercises for your back and biceps, such as pull-ups, chin-ups, or dumbbell rows. These muscles are important for your posture and upper body strength, and they are often neglected by beginners

Increase the number of repetitions for each exercise, or add some weight if you have access to it. Doing more reps or lifting heavier will challenge your muscles more and help you build strength and endurance.

Vary your exercises every few weeks to avoid boredom and plateaus. Doing the same routine over and over can get boring and make your progress stall. Try to switch up your exercises, intensity, or duration every 4 to 6 weeks to keep your body guessing and adapting.

Don’t forget to warm up before your workout and stretch after it. Warming up prepares your muscles and joints for the exercise, and stretching helps you recover and prevent injuries. A good warm up should include some light cardio and dynamic stretches, and a good cool down should include some static stretches and deep breathing.
0 Replies

Stacyh

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2024 10:36 am
@leoa,
There are always benefits to doing any kind of workouts. The thing here is that there are better workouts than others, and that seems pretty simple. I would focus on multiple exercises for each muscle set and try to keep some rest after that for at least 1 or 2 days.

For example, I saw a video from a little experiment two guys doing pushups, one doing them everyday and the other doing them one day off and the results from the second one were massively better. And it was just one single exercise for the front shoulders and chest.

Imagine include more exercises, like squats and some heavy lifts.
0 Replies