Do what you love... Yeah, right.

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2023 12:13 pm
Why do people say "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life"? I find that to be a bullshit fairytale saying. I have a good career and I hate it. I had a good career before I started doing what I'm doing now and it drove me so crazy I started having psychogenic nonepileptic seizures induced by stress. This career is starting to head in that direction. It's not money or debt stress either, I make $37 an hour. I'm not rich by any means but I'm not hurting either. I just hate doing anything. I hate dealing with idiots who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground, I hate it that people are always asking for a discount, I hate it that I have to be nice when a customer is an asshole. I don't love anything except for fishing, and unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth good luck making a career out of that. Is there any proof of anyone who actually loves what they do and jumps out of bed to go make a REAL living? I'm not talking about someone starving to death because they are doing what they love and they are broke as ****.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2023 12:43 pm
@NoLongerPresent,
Boy, it sucks to be you! I bet you're just charming at a dinner party.

My husband is a geologist and absolutely loves his work, so much so that he still takes jobs at 70. I loved my job at the library. Lots of people love their work.

You just have a really bad attitude. Do something that doesn't involve customer service, for one thing. And be grateful you're not a Russian up for conscription!
0 Replies

Burningrose

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2023 01:44 am
I totally agree with you. Why can't we just win the lottery and fish all day. We can stay drunk all day. I'm with you buddy. I've been working since I fell out of the sac!
0 Replies

Sane4ka

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2024 02:33 pm
@NoLongerPresent,
Reality isn't always so simple, right? It sounds like you're dealing with a lot of stress and dissatisfaction in your current career.
0 Replies