Person with a strong discrepancy between affective and cognitive empathy

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2023 12:41 pm
a good friend of mine, has signs of an interesting behavior maybe someone can narrow it down to what they think this could be. (im not a native speaker so please forgive any mistakes)
he is someone who was always very timid when he was younger but became more outspoken when he got older. over the years he showed at times very unempathic behavior insulting people on parties for minutes without showing any science of remorse at first. having also a lot of accidents while driving drunk with his bike also driving drunk while being with friends. He also lost his verginity quite late at about 25 Years old and also was not very emotionally about it and it seemed quite normal for him. In the next minute being easily moved by movies for example being the first person to cry when we watched a sad movie. His the facial expressions are down to a minimum which always was part of his humor saying the most strange things and keep a straight face. Basically the extreme discrepancy between affective and cognitive empathy is what surprised me, as he can be a very loving person. I always had the feeling that there is a dark side to his being.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 508 • Replies: 0
No top replies