My bf bought a house

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2023 09:54 pm
We’ve been in a relationship for almost 7 years now. He got his home loan approved, told me let’s inspect places. He barely even discussed anything with me about when he started applying for loans. 2 weeks of inspection, he found one that he apparently he could afford, which is 2 hours away from my work. Decided to buy it. Later started telling me I’ll need to pay him while I move with him. I barely had anytime to think and he already informed our real estate agent that we’re moving. I couldn’t find another place in a few weeks. For some reason, I didn’t feel comfortable living in a house he bought. Ever since I’m here I feel extremely isolated, had a few anxiety attacks. I’ve been feeling so lonely. It’s been a week since he last spoke to me after my anxiety attack, His last words were: you’ve to tell me your plan, I can’t afford this place on my own. I’ll have to rent out the other rooms. To which I said ok do it. I don’t think so he wants to because his plan was to make me pay for his mortgage while being able to use the other rooms for his family, relatives and friends.

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 05:16 am
@Isolation,
Then why stay?

This guy made a huge decision for you and it doesn't affect you in any way positively. A 2 hour commute in particular is some expert level passive aggression right there.

You don't need to hang around someone like that.

And talk to the agent if you can. Tell them you'd like to move back if you can, and then do so. You don't need to take this crap.
Isolation

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 09:43 am
@jespah,
@jespah
The other house was already leased. I reached out to the realtor.

That’s what’s bothering me, I feel stuck. I know that I love him and also that love isn’t enough because of the way that he’s treating me.
jespah

Reply Thu 22 Jun, 2023 11:34 am
@Isolation,
Sorry about the other place.

But in my considered opinion (IANAD), the way he's treating you is far from lovable and nothing to write (no pun intended) home about.
Isolation

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2023 05:07 am
@jespah,
So we just had a big fight and he said I’m freeloading in his house and it’s only been a week. That I’m a leech and he’s putting a roof on my head. That he’s the landlord and my problem is that I want my name on lease, he will keep me as a tenant. Otherwise get out. Apparently there’s no difference between renting another place and renting at his place.

You’re right far from lovable. No love here.
jespah

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2023 12:39 pm
@Isolation,
I hope you can find a great new place soon.
0 Replies