I broke up with my boyfriend, I miss him and don’t know if I made a mistake

Tue 20 Jun, 2023 11:14 am
He’s 26, I’m 22. He is generally very respectful, polite, friendly and lovely all around. Which is why when he told me the following, I was devastated.

Long story short, my boyfriend told me he has sometimes been telling his parents when we have oral sex , after we do the deed. He told me that since he has been a virgin for a long time, his parents were in a way keeping track of his sexual progress. He also told me he would be willing to share sexual issues I’ve been having with his mother. This made me extremely uncomfortable.

I told him how uncomfortable I felt, and although he wasn’t that apologetic, he told me he wanted to speak in person about it and answer any questions of mine. I told him I can’t speak to him for a while.

I didn’t speak to him for a few days. I ended up breaking up with him and blocking him because of how disgusted I felt.

I still feel disgusted, but I’m remembering everything good about him. He was a great guy apart from this. He’d buy me flowers. We’d laugh together a lot. I liked his lips when he kissed me. We got on so well and he treat me really well.

I miss him and want to cuddle him. I don’t know if I made a mistake , and should have spoken to him about it. What do you guys think? Should I push past this sadness I feel and continue trying to move on? Or should I try to reach out to him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 815 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Tue 20 Jun, 2023 11:41 am
@Orangerose91,
According to your redundant post on the topic, you literally broke up three days ago.

I think you just broke the sound barrier on your decision. Or did you forget how easy it was to see your previous post on this topic?
0 Replies

Mame

Tue 20 Jun, 2023 12:56 pm
@Orangerose91,
I think there's something seriously wrong with both him and his parents for thinking it's okay to discuss these sorts of things. He has not been respecting your privacy which is a huge breach. How could you trust him again?

Normal people don't do this, in fact, it would make most people shudder. He's 26, for Pete's sake, supposedly an adult. He should not need to update his parents on his sexual activities. Disgusting. How can you ever look his parents in the eye again?
Orangerose91

Tue 20 Jun, 2023 01:17 pm
@Mame,
Hi Mame, I know what you mean, honestly when I met his dad after he told me I found it hard to look in his eye. My family really like him though, they keep telling me get back together. I gave them a brief idea of what happened , but I’m too embarrassed to say the full story to them
0 Replies