Mame

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 03:22 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
yeah
0 Replies

barbstar

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 03:37 pm
@Mame,
The one night they stay over is during the weekend, but their mother won't agree to us having them more than half the weekend because she wants to be able to go out and do something fun with them on the weekend too.

She's willing to give him more nights during the week, but he's works nights. His son has autism and is too hard for me to handle on my own if he has a meltdown. So his dad needs to be here if something happens.

His kids are happy when they come over. We usually do some fun family activity together.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 04:15 pm
@barbstar,
Think about it like this. You left your job to dedicate yourself to your business. Which is? Your spouse is jealous over this fact. You feel content your business is doing well and your spouse is not taking it seriously.

Say this: "my business is my income source. It is pulling in more then a decent enough for me. It is a better job and a better career for me".

Your business is like me starting a magazine, or ___ company. It is just working out for you. He is "jelli" being a cry-baby. He is usted to slaving for somebody else and you are making an actual effort of slaving for yourself.

I know my administrator where I slaved before. He was a gradeschool teacher, and then a civil-servant, and finally a community leader. He kept the balance for so many years to even mopping up the center toilets. He is retired and older then my father ( I mean real old ) and have the privlage of being with his wife ( in her twenties ) teaching his kids from home. As most people in his age ran off the Florida or the Carolinas #$$@#$ whatever.

Your just like him but your younger. You running a successful business and have to deal with raising children. Your husband should be thankful your "winning" in life as is not over 60 heading into 80.

Bill Blur from "Dilbert" is a finance ( Coding Engineer ) major. He dedicated twelve hours bey getting up early to work on his cartoon, like a workout. Then work with publishers and eventually it became a big hit he left ( retired ) from his work early in life to focus on his toon. He has been on

Aaron Clarey was let-go from his job because of the economic downturn
during Bush and Obama ( mostly Bush II for the War ). He also had
invested his time in reality which he could not upkeep with lack of
job. He went into YellowStone national park where he came up with an
idea to start a business giving advise since he studied finance. He is
literally living frugal via a minialist outlook on life.

Your like Bill Blurr your had "Dedication" and took it to the next level.
Not like Clarey who just cried "end of the world" and came up with a ponzy scheme.
Mame

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 04:39 pm
@PoliteMight,
How was any of that useful or germane? As usual.
0 Replies

barbstar

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 05:32 pm
@PoliteMight,
The name of creator of the comic Dilbert is Scott Adams, not Bill Blur. I had to look it up because it sounded wrong. Also I would rather not be compared to a racist.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 13 Jun, 2023 06:46 pm
@barbstar,
He thinks he's the life of the party, pretty much ignore him.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 14 Jun, 2023 05:49 am
@barbstar,
Seconding what Bob said, PM is a bloody idiot, totally clueless.

Ignore him, everybody else does.
0 Replies